• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
Just been tweeting with SD and he genuinely wants to join. Said that he is here for more than just fitness and although no offer has been made knows there is interest. This guy is a really skillful player and I know Wycombe fans loved him last season. Hope it works out. Utb

Just been tweeting with SD and he genuinely wants to join. Said that he is here for more than just fitness and although no offer has been made knows there is interest. This guy is a really skillful player and I know Wycombe fans loved him last season. Hope it works out. Utb

The deal is still possible, though clearly unlikely to be able to play today. As I understand it he's been impressive in training, Sturrock rates him highly, but the board are still waiting to hear back from the girl in the tea hut and the milkman as to what they think. The final decision could lie with the Fruit and Veg delivery man, but he is currently away on business sourcing onions. This is the reason for the delay....probably

I think it could happen but PS may be waiting to be sure a couple of more ambitious options wont come of- he always said he had some target that if they were going to happen would be last minute (like Paul Smith, they will wait to see if something better comes along if they are a cut above). I think PS has played it as best he can- some signings in early on with room for a couple at the last minute where we might just tempt someone that much better 9once again like Smith).

If we end up with Donnelly now we have Spicer and with Timlin coming back it will be none to shabby at all.

Strange because at half time it looked very much like him with the group passing the ball around and if so he was kitted out

I think he'll definitely be getting a contract with us if we get rid of Mohsni or Martin but even if we don't get rid of them I still think he'll be offered a contract.

After the performance of Ferdinand Yesterday i think we need all the CM we can get, plus i am a fan of SD

After the performance of Ferdinand Yesterday i think we need all the CM we can get, plus i am a fan of SD
and yet sturrock thinks timlin and ferdinand done well together yesterday, i thought timlin was by far pick of the midfield but ferdinand was well below par for me.

You guys seem to rate Scott. I have never seen him play so have no opinion.
The only thing I have to go on are the "facts" on Wiki..which make poor reading. Most clubs let him go after a handfull of games.
Am sure he is great though! I hope so!!! We need a good CM player.

and yet sturrock thinks timlin and ferdinand done well together yesterday, i thought timlin was by far pick of the midfield but ferdinand was well below par for me.

Strange. I thought they both played well. Timlin was better, but that doesn't mean Ferdinand had a bad game, it's just (for me) Timlin was better...he really does have a good first touch...

Not for the first time I thought Kane was poor. He's just not strong enough in the challenge in a CM role. I don't deny he has talent but I feel he needs to add a bit of steel to his game. It wouldn't suprise me at all though if the Ferdinand name encouraged a decent bid for him. If it does I'd take it and try and get another Granty.

I think we chose not to sign Donnelly without any jungle based delicious juice involvement.

Back