• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nike.jpg

On just website it was £25.00 for 7 or more. They will be making a profit too, so what would a badge & two transfers cost? Very little! £3-4? The club must be making 100% profit on these shocking shirts!

What would you say is a reasonable price?

Personally for a 6 year old Id say £20 was a more reasonable figure for the shirt. £35 for something that will last him a year at most is a lot.

For me it should be;

Adult Short Sleeved: £30
Adult long sleeved: £35
Kids short sleeved: £20
Kids long sleeved: £25
Shorts: £10.00
Printing/Naming etc: £5.00

View attachment 2359

On just website it was £25.00 for 7 or more. They will be making a profit too, so what would a badge & two transfers cost? Very little! £3-4? The club must be making 100% profit on these shocking shirts!

with respect, what profit do you think they should be making ? 100% is not at all excessive for something in this price range. My brother in law had four mens clothes shops, minimum priced item £40, minimum profit margin 100-- and despite ahuge turnover rates/rent meant it still wasn't worth it

ps here they are £12 short and long sleeve, and thats to the public buying 7 or more -- so we should be getting them for this price or less
http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Prod...otball-Teamwear-Midnight-NavyWhite-47092.aspx

with respect, what profit do you think they should be making ? 100% is not at all excessive for something in this price range. My brother in law had four mens clothes shops, minimum priced item £40, minimum profit margin 100-- and despite ahuge turnover rates/rent meant it still wasn't worth it

ps here they are £12 short and long sleeve, and thats to the public buying 7 or more -- so we should be getting them for this price or less
http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Prod...otball-Teamwear-Midnight-NavyWhite-47092.aspx

Fair point, but I was just making a point based on the first website I found with the kit on it. On the basis of 100% profit is reasonable, then the club are making nearer twice that considering the website is going to make a similar margin!

The website you found is even scarier, as they will be making a hefty profit too. Maybe we should buy a few & do a few fake copies just to make a point. We all know that the shirts cost Nike about 10p to make!

Fair point, but I was just making a point based on the first website I found with the kit on it. On the basis of 100% profit is reasonable, then the club are making nearer twice that considering the website is going to make a similar margin!

The website you found is even scarier, as they will be making a hefty profit too. Maybe we should buy a few & do a few fake copies just to make a point. We all know that the shirts cost Nike about 10p to make!

Do you know if you can buy iron on Southend logo's or insure and go logos anywhere?

All navy with that shirt would be horrible and bland. It can be salvaged with white shorts.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

View attachment 2359

And again, the price is not set by the club. Even so the club is not a non-profit organisation, I think shirts should be around £30 -35 personally, but its not the club who decide anyway.

For me it should be;

Adult Short Sleeved: £30
Adult long sleeved: £35
Kids short sleeved: £20
Kids long sleeved: £25
Shorts: £10.00
Printing/Naming etc: £5.00

Those look like the kind of prices Id say were more reasonable as well.

Short sleeve adult shirt (likely to be the best seller)

£42.50 - 20% (VAT) = £35.42 (Net selling)

Net cost £9.85 including embroidered badge and 2 sponsor logos.

Means the clubs get roughly £10.65 (which is 30% of Net sell) per shirt

JustSport get £14.92

The club will also require new kit and training wear for the players, which would look as though this will more than eat any revenue from shirt sales.

To kit the squad out in home and away kits and benchwear (training kits, tracksuits, polo shirts etc), you're looking roughly and £450-£500 each. x20 players is £10K!

The shop would have to sell 400 shirts before anyone begins to make any profit. (and with that shirt, that is going to be a tough target to reach!)

Short sleeve adult shirt (likely to be the best seller)

£42.50 - 20% (VAT) = £35.42 (Net selling)

Net cost £9.85 including embroidered badge and 2 sponsor logos.

Means the clubs get roughly £10.65 (which is 30% of Net sell) per shirt

JustSport get £14.92

The club will also require new kit and training wear for the players, which would look as though this will more than eat any revenue from shirt sales.

To kit the squad out in home and away kits and benchwear (training kits, tracksuits, polo shirts etc), you're looking roughly and £450-£500 each. x20 players is £10K!

The shop would have to sell 400 shirts before anyone begins to make any profit. (and with that shirt, that is going to be a tough target to reach!)

Pfff, you are talking like you know what you are talking about chap.

You clearly have no knowledge.

:hilarious:

Back