• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Decent enough performance, still lacking a bit of penetration in the final third despite the pace but better than it has been prior to Oxford.

Thought the two centre halves did very well today and liked the look of Murphy when he came on.

Leonard took a battering for the whole match, and what on earth was Wrestlemania about with White? Didnt see what started it but their player would not let go would he ?

Decent enough performance, still lacking penetration in the final third despite the pace but better than it has been prior to Oxford.

Thought the two centre halves did very well today and liked the look of Murphy when he came on.

The joy of an opinion, I felt defensively we seem a bit shaky at times, and something needs to be done about the way we mark set pieces. Against a better team we would have been punished.

Murphy looked a little lost, but hopefully with more time with the team will show a bit more than he did today..

Didn't particularly enjoy that performance, but will take the result! Play-offs back in our own hands!

Didnt the goal come from Murphy ?

He made a couple of good runs into the box and came very close to scoring from a lay off from Fred certainly had more of an impact in his appearance than Loza did 2nd half and thought he looked our biggest threat.

Just had a look at the league two scores, all but 2 were 1-0/or 0-0, not a day for goals galore then :smile:

Dan 7, not much to do, poor kicking, slightly slow coming for ball 2nd half
Coca Cola 7, fair game, got forward well. Struggled when they put late quick lad on.
Whitey, 6, wrestle mania! Seems over his shoulder worries, poor distribution, 2 good but high shots.
Shoot and Socklick, 7 each, not sure about set piece marking.
Lenny, 8, got fouled a lot, a touch of Grants? Always up for a challenge.
Tims, 6, not at his best.
Atko, 7 worked hard, not a wide player, naturally but tried to get forward.
Kevan 6, good 1st half, average 2nd.
Barney 7, good worked, almost got a great goal, won a lot of headers, tired before being subbed.
LozaLovehim 8, all action, another great display, lucky handball in goal build up.

Subs
Murph, 6, some runs but looked a bit bewildered after we scored and then lost our attacking intent.
Fred 7, some good hold up, good snap shot finish, GOAL from 3 yards, got stuck in the corner!
Laird 6, won ball several times then gave it away sometimes.

Didnt the goal come from Murphy ?

He made a couple of good runs into the box and came very close to scoring from a lay off from Fred certainly had more of an impact in his appearance than Loza did 2nd half and thought he looked our biggest threat.

Just had a look at the league two scores, all but 2 were 1-0/or 0-0, not a day for goals galore then :smile:

Yes the results went with us today. All those around us seem to draw so 2 pts gained on the rest. looking a lot better than it did a couple of weeks back when I thought we were doomed.

Tense was the word today.....boys battled hard but couldnt get the passing game going today against determined opposition.
Bentley 6 not a great deal to do
White 6.5 done ok but I felt his reluctance to overlap restricted us a bit
Egan 6.5 fairly solid
Sokilokiloki 7.5 MOM dominant CB with composure on the ball
Coker 6.5 solid enough
Hurst 6 huffed and puffed
Atkinson 6.5 good work rate as ever
Timlin 6 seemed to play within himself today
Leonard 6.5 got kicked a lot
Loza 5 done nothing at all
Barnard 6 worked hard and some decent moments
Eastwood....7 legend that is all
Murphy 6.5 some skill on the lad
Laird 6 something not right with him

We really lacked any dynamism from midfield today but what a massive result today......can not wait for Cheltenham away next week. ...play off destiny in our own hands now

Performance wasn't great but managed to get the result we needed. I wasn't that impressed by Murphy who looked like he didn't want to be there at times. He needs to actually run and put a bit more effort in. Not quite sure how Sokolik managed to get the ball over from a yard out and could have cost us had Freddy not scored. On a positive note, it is nice to see that both Barnard and Eastwood have scored this week, which may lead to a few more from the pair. Three very important points indeed.

Not it the best performance by us by far. Why do we always seem to sink down to the level those we should be beating? I'm hoping Murphy will come good, showed little flashes of skill but didn't seem up to pace for much of his appearence.

Not quite sure how Sokolik managed to get the ball over from a yard out and could have cost us had Freddy not scored.

The linesman had already flagged offside so wouldn't have made any difference at all!

Bentley 6 not a great deal to do lucky in 1st half when didn't come for a cross
White 6 done ok but he never seems to close the opponent down
Egan 7 Solid
Sokilokiloki 8 almost MOM some great tackling
Coker 6 solid but not as effective as on Monday against Oxford.
Hurst 5.5 what does he have not to do to be rested
Atkinson 6.5 good work rate as ever
Timlin 6 pitch was very bumpy and the ball kept bouncing over him
Leonard 8.5 MOM got kicked a lot but got up and got on with it. Thought he wanted it most!
Loza 5 done nothing at all, looked young and inexperienced.
Barnard 7 worked hard and some decent moments
Eastwood....7 experience showed through especially when keeping the ball in the corner.
Murphy 5 poor ball control looked out of his depth
Laird 5 something not right with him, should have seen what Freddy and Coker were doing in the corner to see out time but didn't do the same and gave the ball away in a dangerous position. Seemed a yard short on pace

Ref 9 until the White wrestle mania where I (and those around me) thought that he asked the wrong assistant referee (furthest away) what happened so an 8

Torquay: Cheating time wasters and bullies. Got what they deserved ...... i.e. Nothing!

Performance wasn't great but managed to get the result we needed. I wasn't that impressed by Murphy who looked like he didn't want to be there at times. He needs to actually run and put a bit more effort in. Not quite sure how Sokolik managed to get the ball over from a yard out and could have cost us had Freddy not scored. On a positive note, it is nice to see that both Barnard and Eastwood have scored this week, which may lead to a few more from the pair. Three very important points indeed.

I thought Murphy looked the better of the new boys when he came on and looked dangerous with the ball at his feet. Loza had the beating of their back four all day but they were sitting so deep he had very little room to run into behind them and holding the ball up with his back to goal didn't look one of his strengths. Would love to see him teamed with Corr who could win more headers and flickons than Barny, although I thought he had a good game today. All the back four I thought were solid with Cocker as my mom. Torquay looked auwlful especially that lump with the huge arse up front who had his arms all over the place but when it was done to him , moaned at the ref insistently. I was surprised they didn't sub him sooner with their new guy from Totham, Shaquile Coulthirst, who looked to have a bit of speed and urgency about him when he came on, which is more than I can say about their keeper. I was counting how long it took him to take goal kicks but that all changed when they went one down and it looked as if someone had put the video on treble speed all the sudden.

It was a little bit 'After the Lord Mayors show' for me today. I have to admit that my levels of expectation after Monday were a little bit too high in hindsight. There was no way that Loza was going to repeat his Monday performance, neither was Murphy going to instantly produce the goods. Neither was out of place but thank god for Fred today. I know the majority of us are despatching him to Room 101 at the end of the season, but today.........I love the bloke again. 3 hard earned points and other results going in our favour, bring on Cheltenham. I just hope we don't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!!

A laboured performance and possibly not what we were expecting after Monday, but against a side fighting for their lives at the bottom of the table it's never going to be easy. Results elsewhere seem to have gone our way and it was great to see Barney improving and Freddy get a goal. Defensively yet another clean sheet and another very solid performance.

Bentley 7 Did what he had to do, not a lot to do but when called upon he did the job
White 7 Solid and defended well, did well going forward too
Sokolik 9 MOTM Won every header and every tackle, we're very lucky to have him
Egan 8 Like Sokolik, solid and defended well
Coker 7 Got forward well and no problems at the back
Atkinson 6 As usual, worked hard, but didn't really make much happen
Timlin 5 Nothing came off for him, every pass went to a yellow shirt
Leonard 8 Battled hard and was in the wars but did his role well
Hurst 6.5 Looked tired/lazy at times but his delivery was good
Loza 7 Not as effective as Monday night, got kicked around a lot and dominated in the air but used pace well
Barnard 6.5 Showed glimpses of the old Barnard, getting sharper with every game
Subs
Murphy 6.5 Pace, didn't know when to pass and too determined to get forward, potential is there
Eastwood 7 Didn't do too much but got the winning goal, it was all he had to do
Laird 6 Not his usual self but hard to impose himself in such a short time

Have to say that the ref today was one of the best we've seen at this level in a long time, other than the wrestling affair with White on the halfway line, he had an almost faultless performance, as we're often the first to criticise it's only fair to praise too.

Torquay look pretty destined to go down now, and you could tell it today, especially after going down they looked desperate and frustrated.

Such a relief when Eastwood goal went in. Felt like one of those days where we'd miss our chances and Torquay would snatch it. Fair play to Torquay in that they defend well but can't score for toffee. Very physical though, bordering on thuggery.

Struggle to understand how Leonard gets 8+ every week from some people, I must watch a different player, Opinions opinions eh?. Don't think everyone was completely at the races today, but its fantastic to win a game when we dont' play too well. Sign of a good side as they say.

Would probably give MOTM to one of the two centre halfs (halves?!), 4 games without conceding is an unbelievable stat and a testament to the pair of them.

Torquay parked the bus and hoped to get something to steal a 1-0. Difficult to criticise and the manager has little at his disposal.

we looked equally like we would get one at some point

the positives are
Barney starting to look like his old self (I.e. Very good)
the back 4 is very solid defensively and if they stay fit we will not concede many from here in
a combination of more goal threat and fewer conceded makes me more confident we could yet have a successful campaign.

BTW if a guilt edged chance falls to someone you'd still want it to be Freddy

Good job the officials didn't notice Murphy's handball in the box just before he passed across for Fred to score!!

A laboured performance and possibly not what we were expecting after Monday, but against a side fighting for their lives at the bottom of the table it's never going to be easy. Results elsewhere seem to have gone our way and it was great to see Barney improving and Freddy get a goal. Defensively yet another clean sheet and another very solid performance.

Bentley 7 Did what he had to do, not a lot to do but when called upon he did the job
White 7 Solid and defended well, did well going forward too
Sokolik 9 MOTM Won every header and every tackle, we're very lucky to have him
Egan 8 Like Sokolik, solid and defended well
Coker 7 Got forward well and no problems at the back
Atkinson 6 As usual, worked hard, but didn't really make much happen
Timlin 5 Nothing came off for him, every pass went to a yellow shirt
Leonard 8 Battled hard and was in the wars but did his role well
Hurst 6.5 Looked tired/lazy at times but his delivery was good
Loza 7 Not as effective as Monday night, got kicked around a lot and dominated in the air but used pace well
Barnard 6.5 Showed glimpses of the old Barnard, getting sharper with every game
Subs
Murphy 6.5 Pace, didn't know when to pass and too determined to get forward, potential is there
Eastwood 7 Didn't do too much but got the winning goal, it was all he had to do
Laird 6 Not his usual self but hard to impose himself in such a short time

Have to say that the ref today was one of the best we've seen at this level in a long time, other than the wrestling affair with White on the halfway line, he had an almost faultless performance, as we're often the first to criticise it's only fair to praise too.

Torquay look pretty destined to go down now, and you could tell it today, especially after going down they looked desperate and frustrated.

Long time meaning Monday night??? If he was better than the ref against Oxford, he must have been bloody good! What have we done to merit good referees in two consecutive games?

Back