• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It just goes to show what an opportunity wasted the semi-final defeat was for us. I thought Fleetwood were absolutely dreadful and for that reason I actually feel for Burton; they were much the better side.

Karma Karma Karma - that is all.

Football is the winner today, Burton's long ball, diving, time wasting antics failed to surface today in the poorest quality match I have witnessed in a long time. The attendance, lack of atmosphere and poor standard of football was not a great advert for league two today - luckily the right outcome happened.

Personally (bitter most certainly) took great pleasure in seeing Lyness cost Burton with a huge error, maybe it was a flashback/reaction from his phantom head injury.

I also took took great pleasure in seeing the Burton players rush about and fetching the ball to try and speed up Fleetwood on that last fifteen minutes. Then best of all was when the camera zoomed in on a Burton fan (lady) as a Fleetwood player slowly got up following a clash of heads.....she was booing and you could lip read her shouting 'Time wasters'. Brilliant and as I said Karma today as football was the real winner.

Bit of revenge required next season. At least Burton is far nearer than that long trek up to Fleetwood.
They could have held that Final in Manchester, probably would have attracted a rather larger crowd than 14,000.
You may be able to invest in a team, but you can't buy supporters, as our north Essex rivals illustrate all too well. Good luck to Fleetwood but with average gates, well under 3,000, buying success without fans is surely going to cost more and more.

It just goes to show what an opportunity wasted the semi-final defeat was for us. I thought Fleetwood were absolutely dreadful and for that reason I actually feel for Burton; they were much the better side.

What game was you watching, Fleetwood dominated the whole match!!!

Bring back re-election and kick out these non league clubs ....

The beauty and romance of the English game means that it is (or used to be) possible for a tiny team to work their way up the football ladder. Wimbledon did it famously from non-league to FA Cup winners. The Premier League and the fairly recent proposals would - if they had their way - make the top two leagues a "closed shop" so that the likes of us would never break into it.

Re election was pretty much that; only 8 teams ever got into the league by being elected in. Automatic promotion and relegation between all leagues keeps the competition alive and provides hope for smaller sides that one day they can get their odd season of glory. Once you take that hope away, the game will die at the lower levels.

Good luck to Fleetwood. It will be unsustainable - as it was with Rushden & Diamonds and as it will prove to be with Stevenage, Crawley and all the other small sides punching way above their weight, but bloody good luck to them while they are there and I hope they enjoy the ride.

"I also took took great pleasure in seeing the Burton players rush about and fetching the ball to try and speed up Fleetwood on that last fifteen minutes. Then best of all was when the camera zoomed in on a Burton fan (lady) as a Fleetwood player slowly got up following a clash of heads.....she was booing and you could lip read her shouting 'Time wasters'. Brilliant and as I said Karma today as football was the real winner."

One cannot agree more!

"Good luck to Fleetwood. It will be unsustainable - as it was with Rushden & Diamonds and as it will prove to be with Stevenage, Crawley and all the other small sides punching way above their weight, but bloody good luck to them while they are there and I hope they enjoy the ride. "

Wigan do OK though!

Bit of revenge required next season. At least Burton is far nearer than that long trek up to Fleetwood.
They could have held that Final in Manchester, probably would have attracted a rather larger crowd than 14,000.
You may be able to invest in a team, but you can't buy supporters, as our north Essex rivals illustrate all too well. Good luck to Fleetwood but with average gates, well under 3,000, buying success without fans is surely going to cost more and more.

Would love to beat them last game of the season and see them relegated.

What game was you watching, Fleetwood dominated the whole match!!!
Admittedly I missed the first half-hour but in the second half Fleetwood were camped in their own half throughout from what I could see.

Well done to Fleetwood i thought they were much the better side and deserved to win the match.

"I also took took great pleasure in seeing the Burton players rush about and fetching the ball to try and speed up Fleetwood on that last fifteen minutes. Then best of all was when the camera zoomed in on a Burton fan (lady) as a Fleetwood player slowly got up following a clash of heads.....she was booing and you could lip read her shouting 'Time wasters'. Brilliant and as I said Karma today as football was the real winner."

One cannot agree more!

"Good luck to Fleetwood. It will be unsustainable - as it was with Rushden & Diamonds and as it will prove to be with Stevenage, Crawley and all the other small sides punching way above their weight, but bloody good luck to them while they are there and I hope they enjoy the ride. "

Wigan do OK though!

True... but Wigan is not a small place, it's just a Rugby town. Because of the money David Whelan has invested, they have a decent stadium and being Premier League and Championship have therefore "converted" many fans to follow them. The likes of Fleetwood, Stevnage, Crawley, Burton, Morecambe etc don't have the population to convert! As was said when George Reynolds built the 30,000 capacity Reynolds arena for Darlington, there probably isn't an event of any description that would attract 30,000 people. I can't remember which of Fleetwood or Burton it was, but one of them only had an entire popluation of 27,000!

Back