• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy Eastwood's chance to say bye to Southend United's fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see the two usual suspects delighting in derailing yet another thread. Can't wait until we win a couple of games so one of them gives the rest of us a break for a while.

I reckon they are the same person. I doubt there are 2 people with a deeply unhealthy obsession with slagging off Freddy who 'live' on shrimperzone.

Nobody is slagging off Freddy. But surely anyone who has watched Southend United in the last two years can see he contributed next to nothing - while taking the highest wage.
Why does that deserve another send-off? Is absurd.

If there is no preparation involved in pre-season games - then we should not bother playing them. If we are preparing for the season ahead - then why waste a position on a guy who will not be with us?

Our season won't be made or broken by giving 20 minutes to a single player in a game in which a number of trialists are likely to be playing for both sides.

Our season won't be made or broken by giving 20 minutes to a single player in a game in which a number of trialists are likely to be playing for both sides.

Agreed.

As I mentioned before, it's Brown's decision. Personally I'd be looking to move on, but a cameo from Freddy will allow fans to see him off, and it'll probably help our finances a little.

Of course not.
However, while Freddy was incredible first time around. He pretty much stank the place out second time. I think it wise to simply draw a line under his second spell and pretend it never happened.

Of course not.
However, while Freddy was incredible first time around. He pretty much stank the place out second time. I think it wise to simply draw a line under his second spell and pretend it never happened.

Fine. Then stop going on about it for goodness sake.

Clearly other people disagree with you. Can you not just respect that? If you don't want to go then don't go. If you do want to go and boo Eastwood or turn your back when he comes on then do that. It is fine. It's a free country. I just don't get why you're going on and on about it here.

Freddy disappointed us in his return so lets not give him a goodbye clap.

The guy gave us 5 years, its not a testimonial its a cameo in a friendly.

Still not getting why anyone cares in a negative way about it.

Still baffled.

Fine. Then stop going on about it for goodness sake.

Clearly other people disagree with you. Can you not just respect that? If you don't want to go then don't go. If you do want to go and boo Eastwood or turn your back when he comes on then do that. It is fine. It's a free country. I just don't get why you're going on and on about it here.

It seems ok to keep banging on if you want to big Freddy up. If you are talking about him in a negative way, it's not ok. Funny that

Heart of hearts, if it was A.N.other player who had performed so poop as Freddy has, would you be so positive about him?

It seems ok to keep banging on if you want to big Freddy up. If you are talking about him in a negative way, it's not ok. Funny that

Heart of hearts, if it was A.N.other player who had performed so poop as Freddy has, would you be so positive about him?
That's a totally contradictory statement, surely the point is the reason people talk so positively about him is because of his OVERALL contribution to SUFC. There isn't A.N. other player that has contributed so much in recent years so your point is........well.......pointless !!!

That's a totally contradictory statement, surely the point is the reason people talk so positively about him is because of his OVERALL contribution to SUFC. There isn't A.N. other player that has contributed so much in recent years so your point is........well.......pointless !!!

This thread so far has roughly 50/50 split for or against !Would have thought if the overall view was positive then more would be in favour?Just saying like.

This thread so far has roughly 50/50 split for or against !Would have thought if the overall view was positive then more would be in favour?Just saying like.
Where did I mention percentages and where did I address you in my post ? Shouldn't you be out scouting some pacy forwards ? :smile:

Not pointless. As has been said, Freddy was appreciated when his first stint ended. If this cameo is because of his first stint, then that is just really bizarre. It should be because of his second stint but as I said before, if A.N.Other player had performed the way Freddy had in his second spell, he would have been give a boot up his arse on his last day.

I can totally understand the furore over the return of Freddy, the hopes and expectations that the golden days of Freddy were returning and I wanted that as much as the next man (or woman) but it was apparent it wasn't going to happen.

In fairness, he has been a bit of a millstone around our necks this time round and I just hope that everyone that remembers Freddy will remember his first stint and not his second stint. I have so many wonderful memories of his first stint, but don't want to taint those memories with his second spell. There has been so much adulation and love for Freddy this time round, but that love should be directed at what he did for us the first time round, not this time. On that basis, I can't see why this cameo is warranted. I won't be going, more about the money really.

There are so many that swoon at Freddy the legend but in reality, can anyone include anything he did this time round into making him that legend?

Any player who had given 5 years with us deserves a chance to say goodbye in my book.

Really? I don't see a 50/50 split, I see 4 people saying firmly they are against it and considerably more in favour. As someone else said (apologies, can't remember who), Fred didn't really get the chance for a goodbye last time as he was injured so where is the harm in giving a meaningless 15 minute cameo in a meaningless pre-season game to someone who has genuinely achieved "legend" status and is a member of our Hall of Fame to boot?

Really? I don't see a 50/50 split, I see 4 people saying firmly they are against it and considerably more in favour. As someone else said (apologies, can't remember who), Fred didn't really get the chance for a goodbye last time as he was injured so where is the harm in giving a meaningless 15 minute cameo in a meaningless pre-season game to someone who has genuinely achieved "legend" status and is a member of our Hall of Fame to boot?
come on now.

I would be shocked if he even plays !

The for/against is many more than you suggest BUT it's a free world and if you or others want to go then that is great,I would have thought Fred playing against lesser opponents such as Wakering/Billericay and the like would have been more fitting as he will have better chance of scoring and more importantly the Ipswich game could easily be very close then Fred comes on we get busted and paying customers go home happy or annoyed..You decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back