• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well for the first time in quite a few years I will be buying the home shirt as it's a rather nice design compared to the recent seasons. Quite honestly if you're going to boycott the shirt then you might as well go the full distance and boycott games and anything else SUFC-related.

I understand that everyone is frustrated about the lack of information re finances and FF however there is more than likely commercial sensitivities that are preventing RM from passing on any good or bad news. I'm sure news will be forthcoming prior to the next Fan's meeting with SK.

It keep running though my mind . A question to ask P B as yet he has not signed a new contact and i do not by into the story that there is no rush as he has a year to run yet .Is it that one he is not happy about the delay of the new ground .2 Does he not agree with the shirt sponcers .Because it does not seam to give him money to use on players .

People will buy the shirt regardless but I agree the point needs to made somehow to RM that the fans want, and have a right, to know what the genuine situation is with FF. If the whole thing is in serious trouble, tell us. If nothing's likely to happen for at least another 12 months, tell us. We'll get over it. I'm not in favour of divisive demonstrations etc, but maybe a an on-line petition which can be forwarded to the club, and the Echo, to make sure it gets publicity? I wouldn't have a clue where to start with such a thing but someone on here might? Just a thought..
WORTH A TRY none of us want to harm the club ....can anyone set this up on SZ

Anyone going to MTB on Sunday try and get something out of PB ?

You think the manager is privy to that sort of information?

I doubt the CEO gets to hear half of it.

Even if he was he would never divulge it to a stranger at a fans day.

I don't think I am going to be popular here .......... but whilst I am interested in receiving information about the new ground I would not want any update to be counter-productive to discussions and negotiations that (I hope) are ongoing.

I am afraid that Ronald Martin has all the cards, he is keeping them to his chest (whilst wearing the new away shirt) and we have to wait (only a matter of days :winking:) to see what hand he has ...............

............... whilst hoping that Sainsburys can screw some money out of its suppliers, pay its staff the minimum wage and shaft the shoppers with "special offers" rather than say good-bye to Ronald. :facepalm:

Meanwhile, the S.U.F.C. website has adverts for a North American pizza chain whilst the local pizza man to the ground is being closed down.

Oh, what a lovely world we live in ........................

Hahahahaha brilliant. You keep believing that ;-)

Made my night that had

Glad to have cheered you up. I hadn't realised that SUFC was in fact a highly profitable business which without Ron Martin bleeding it dry would be reporting massive profits on an annual basis. Clearly I've missed something somewhere?

Glad to have cheered you up. I hadn't realised that SUFC was in fact a highly profitable business which without Ron Martin bleeding it dry would be reporting massive profits on an annual basis. Clearly I've missed something somewhere?

You don't need to be highly profitable to bleed things dry or play corporate pass the parcel.

Look even for those most optimistic fans they must now accept that we are now in high summer and therefore the fact that we are not 'on site in spring' at FF (as promised by RM before the Hull FA Cap game on national radio) must equate to that all is still not well re FF.

May I make a suggestion that I'm sure will be subject to initial misgivings by some - but nevertheless needs I believe to be put out there on the basis that the fans have such little leverage over the club these days.

The suggestion is that fans simply refrain from purchasing the new shirt emblazoned with the motif of 'Martin Dawn' until such time that the club come out with a substantive, credible update with regards to FF. I'm not calling for a boycott of matches or demonstrations during the game - far from it. I'm simply calling on the club's hierarchy AGAIN to treat us with a little more respect and this seems like a good way of sending a clear, coherent message - without damaging the club fatally.

As an aside can anyone really contemplate wearing a shirt emblazoned with the name of a company so intrinsically linked with the club's current, perilous predicament? The club's first (and I sincerely hope last) own goal of the season!

Never will be on site and sponsored by Martin Dawn, enough said!

Understand your point, but, Ron is going nowhere. To now suggest that we boycott buying the new shirt will just penalise the club further. I will never understand those that don't go to games in protest. We can do our bit by at least putting money into the club through ticket sales and merchandise etc

the stadium won't be any time soon. apparently the compulsory orders to force the remaining shops to go can't be done because those orders are not in place despite Mr Martin saying to the contrary. also the s10 legal agreement is not in place as alluded to a few weeks back by smiffy

Understand your point, but, Ron is going nowhere. To now suggest that we boycott buying the new shirt will just penalise the club further. I will never understand those that don't go to games in protest. We can do our bit by at least putting money into the club through ticket sales and merchandise etc

Haha.....penalise the club for a few grand.....pinprick in Ron's world!

the stadium won't be any time soon. apparently the compulsory orders to force the remaining shops to go can't be done because those orders are not in place despite Mr Martin saying to the contrary. also the s10 legal agreement is not in place as alluded to a few weeks back by smiffy
Went passed the ground a couple of days ago and saw the Pizza place on the corner of Victoria Avenue & Fairfax Drive was having the outside repainted, so they are clearly not moving out anytime soon???

Im long done with the whole stadium debacle.....and in fact the ron martin debate. ...I protested my little butt off when trying to get rid of Vic Jobson.......we are stuck with the man and his plan......especially with no obvious alternative.
I have simplified it all.....I love going to roots hall and cheering on the boys...end of
I really like the new home kit so I will buy it....if I dont buy it ron will still be in charge.

The reasons MD is the sponsor is twofold - firstly no one is willing to pay the asking price for the sponsorship, and secondly it is beneficial to him to do it from a tax perspective as it counts as a cost to MD even though the money doesn't change hands. Although people are gullible enough to she'll out the best part of £50 per year on a new shirt and will continue to do so, I think that having MD on it will certainly reduce the number that will be sold.

On the point of Fossetts Farm, did anybody believe him when he said late spring (not only radio, but also on national television)? I have not believed anything he has said on the matter for about five years - leaving aside the fact that I am against the whole thing in the first place.

All this about 'penalising' and 'robbing' the club is nonsense - the money goes straight into Ron's back pocket. When was the last time he paid for a player - what happened to the money from the likes of Kane Ferdinand?

Back