• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What do you think of the new home shirt?

• Love it

Votes: 66 40.0%
  • It's ok

Votes: 54 32.7%
  • Hmm not fussed

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Don't like it at all

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Bart

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Love/Like it wont buy it due to sponsor

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters

Jam_Man

Life President
Not had a poll yet, so lets see what people think of this one...

KrbTiw9z.jpg

Attachments

• 20140727_2977.jpg
    20140727_2977.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 23
I really like it, makes a nice change to have all the white there. Looks really smart. I saw the Peterborough kit has hoop striped socks, I think they'd have looked even better, but still, my favourite kit for quite a while.

Maybe a bit too white as the back of the shirt is all white but I love it?

Does it make us the Blue and Whites this season? If so those signs on the A127 will have to be changed....

For the benefit of them youngsters, can someone clever get a picture of the old Access kit up on here? That's what this new one reminds me of.

Would've preferred the blue and white the other way round but I think it's growing on me. Looks better when it's tucked in on the players.

Would have preferred it if the back wasn't all white but it might look better once the names and number are on there.

As much as I'm disliking the idea of Martin Dawn sponsoring us. The least they could of done was to create a new logo, one that was a bit more bold. I can just see the sponsor material just peeling/falling off. :blush:

As much as I'm disliking the idea of Martin Dawn sponsoring us. The least they could of done was to create a new logo, one that was a bit more bold. I can just see the sponsor material just peeling/falling off. :blush:

I like the fact that the logo is pretty understated, dont like it when the sponsor takes over the shirt like Insure and Go did.

When I looked at the away shirt close up yesterday the logo did look like a cheap stick on, I do hope its more robust than it looked! Maybe it was a demo and not the actual finished article?

Looks good to me. I think a lighter colour shirt will be much better for games under floodlights (especially at some of the more 'historic' grounds we play at where it can be quite gloomy). I wonder if we'll be swapping to white shorts a bit because the ref might judge the home kit to clash with other teams with a quite white home shirt. Our away kit has black shorts which doesn't help.

I think its a really nice looking kit, first kit I have considered buying in years although I do think the £44 price tag is just way too much but that's the way all kits are going now.

Even though I don't actually think that the Martin Dawn logo doesn't look too bad on the shirt itself I just do not like the idea of that company being our sponsor. Plus I may be wrong but I would have thought we have now lost a massive chunk of money as no way can I see the deal being worth anything like the insure and go one.

I like the homage of sorts to the early 80's shirts, something a bit different from the normal colour scheme.

A reverse of the new away top really would have been a bit too close to the 2002/3 kit!

southend_united_2002-2003.gif

Back