• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Outrights 14/15

Got on that offer, £20 on Sturridge.

Had a fiver on Sheff United/Luton double the other day, both to win the league pays 50's!

Portfolio so far:-

Southampton to get relegated 9/1
Man Utd to Win Prem League 11/2 (E/W)
Wolves, Bristol City, Luton, Eastleigh 1 x 4 Fold, 4 x Trebles, 6 x Doubles E/W
Doncaster to be relegated 18/1
Forest to beat Blackpool 8/13

Portfolio so far:-

Southampton to get relegated 9/1
Man Utd to Win Prem League 11/2 (E/W)
Wolves, Bristol City, Luton, Eastleigh 1 x 4 Fold, 4 x Trebles, 6 x Doubles E/W
Doncaster to be relegated 18/1
Forest to beat Blackpool 8/13

They may as well pay you out on that last one now!

I fancy Arsenal for the Premier League but not sure enough to put too much on.

I've taken Nahki Wells e/w at 33s to be top scorer in the Championship and will put a bit on Rooney to be top scorer in the Premier League with that Paddy Power promotion.

The Racing Post published their big pre-season guide today.

Pompey and Shrews the picks in Division Four (no great surprise there) but they also suggest backing Southend in a match bet with Stevenage - i.e. which team will finish higher. It is even money with Powers and their recommendation is a 5pt bet, i.e. five times whatever your normal stake is!

Deliberating over a couple of extra bets now...

Stoke to win without the Big 6 - Reasonable price at 18/1
Arsenal to be top at Christmas - Ladbrokes have gone best price at 6/1, so I'll take that.

Backed PNE for Division Three and Barnet for the GM Vauxhall Conference. Martin Allen is an utter gobshite, but he knows what it takes at that level.

Taken Rooney, Soldado (backed again on principle that he's 3x the price of last season), Fryatt and Orient on the handicap (sorry).

I've also backed Craig Westcarr at 25/1 to be topscorer in L2. 17 goals for Walsall so should compete.

Done my usual winner in each division 50p lucky 15.

Man Utd, Derby, Preston & Southend. That's £7.50 I wont see again!

Haha. Sorry not been on much to brag about my betting successes lol! Ive done very well on my golf this year as it goes.I say very well, i mean im in profit :smile:

Just so long as you post your pre-season football bets now and not on May 10th then it's all fine :smile:

Suppose it is time I did my season ante-posts. Is it worth doing a lucky 15 or a straight, 4 fold accumulator?

Suppose it is time I did my season ante-posts. Is it worth doing a lucky 15 or a straight, 4 fold accumulator?

Well the Lucky 15 provides greater insurance - if one part of an acca goes down, you lose the lot. On the other hand, as a Lucky 15 is comprised of 15 bets - four singles, six doubles, four trebles and an acca - it costs more. Just by way of comparison, let's do a couple of sample bets, made up of the four divisional favourites, with three winning selections and one loser

£1 acca:

Chelsea 19/10 - WIN
Derby 8/1 - WIN
Sheffield United 11/2 -WIN
Portsmouth 15/2 - LOSE

Returns - £0

£1 Lucky 15, costing £15

Chelsea 19/10 - WIN
Derby 8/1 - WIN
Sheffield United 11/2 -WIN
Portsmouth 15/2 - LOSE

Return - £291.50

Bury, Luton and Southend will be there or thereabouts.

Portsmouth, I'd rather have £2 on the lotto, thanks.

Great, just noticed this BetZone.

Southend United - Champions < I got 18/1 best price with bet365 - it was 20/1 the other day, these signings have already changed things slightly. I did each way 1st, 2nd, 3rd automatic promotion places.

Not that I want it to happen, in a million years, but fancy Millwall to finish in top six - best price 12/1 at the moment.
I said when Holloway kept them up, that with his experience, motivation and camaraderie, that a top six finish is realistic.

Saints to go down is quite interesting. A good shout.

Back