• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I love his reaction, you can tell there's a great team spirit.
Now we wait for Ron & Kavanagh's video :happy:

Last edited:
One of the things I like about Phil Brown is that he is prepared to be cheeky about Ron Martin! I think there is more chance of the stadium being built than Ron taking up this particular challenge though!

Am I the only one who has no ****ing clue what the **** this is all about? Have I seriously missed something? I know the Falklands isn't as cut off from all the news as Afghan but I just don't get this!

Is he your son then?
As you very well know, no, he isn't. He is a family member though which is why we do go to watch Charlton sometimes these days.

Am I the only one who has no ****ing clue what the **** this is all about? Have I seriously missed something? I know the Falklands isn't as cut off from all the news as Afghan but I just don't get this!

It's to promote awareness of ALS, hence the ALS ice-bucket challenge. ALS is also known as Motor Neurone Disease, and if you watch no other You Tube clip, watch this one:

[video]http://www.playbuzz.com/katewalker10/this-is-the-only-als-ice-bucket-challenge-video-you-and-the-whole-world-need-to-see?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=page-posts&utm_campaign=this-is-the-only-als-ice-bucket-challenge-video-you-and-the-whole-world-need-to-see-22-8-14[/video]

It's to promote awareness of ALS, hence the ALS ice-bucket challenge. ALS is also known as Motor Neurone Disease, and if you watch no other You Tube clip, watch this one:

[video]http://www.playbuzz.com/katewalker10/this-is-the-only-als-ice-bucket-challenge-video-you-and-the-whole-world-need-to-see?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=page-posts&utm_campaign=this-is-the-only-als-ice-bucket-challenge-video-you-and-the-whole-world-need-to-see-22-8-14[/video]

Ah, fair enough I thought it was just a stupid craze like the 'neknomination', people need to make it more clear for what its about because all i've seen on facebook and the news is 'look at [enter publicity whore's name here] pour icy water over their head' No mention of it being for a charity.

As you very well know, no, he isn't. He is a family member though which is why we do go to watch Charlton sometimes these days.

I had no idea he was related to you

Ah, fair enough I thought it was just a stupid craze like the 'neknomination', people need to make it more clear for what its about because all i've seen on facebook and the news is 'look at [enter publicity whore's name here] pour icy water over their head' No mention of it being for a charity.

Has anyone actually dontated anything after doing it? seems like a load of bollocks to me.

All I've seen is a load of self promoting celebrity type people getting in on the act and suggesting others of their ilk to do the same. Have any of these so called celebrities actually donated to the ALS cause? I doubt it, but then I also doubt that's the reason their doing it is it? I would even go so far as say there are also ulterior motives for your normal joe public doing it and posting the videos on YouTube and Facebook. Lets see how many likes, shares and views I can get shall we ;)

Don't get me wrong. If it's highlighted the cause of ALS then that's great but I think it says a whole lot more about the celebrities and non celebrities posting the videos than it does about their true reasons for taking part and doing it.

Has anyone actually dontated anything after doing it? seems like a load of bollocks to me.

Normally the case, people just want a bit of face time rather than donating and seeing the actual point to it.

Bizarrely, Charlie Sheen's challenge seems to be of the most benefit; as instead of a bucket of water, he tipped a load of notes over his head and said instead of splashing water around, he'd donate the £10k to the cause. Not as fun, but I doubt many videos will have generated a larger amount in donations.

It started as you were supposed to donate $10 if you did it, and $100 if you didn't, but most people don't even mention the charity in their video and seem to do the challenge as it's fun or cool, and don't donate. Other charities are jumping on the bandwagon now too, including Macmillan. I was nominated yesterday, and won't be doing it, I don't need to be bullied into charity. I have donated to MNDA, the british Motor Neurone Disease charity.

Fair play to ALS though, they probably never dreamed it would take off like it has, and have done very well out of it.

I'm going to tip a bucket of puppies on my head to save all the stray dogs in Iraq and Afghanistan

Back