• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What's the tumbleweed for?

If the new stadium isn't built, Sainsbury's will have Roots Hall anyway I presume as part of a deal RM has done with them.

The tumbleweed is there to show that we've had this argument many times before on SZ.

As I understand it, the terms of the covenant are that Sainsbury's (or anybody else) can't develop RH until an alternative home is found/built for us.

What makes you think that any deal the Chairman has made with Sainbury's coud circumvent this?

The tumbleweed is there to show that we've had this argument many times before on SZ.

As I understand it, the terms of the covenant are that Sainsbury's (or anybody else) can't develop RH until an alternative home is found/built for us.

What makes you think that any deal the Chairman has made with Sainbury's coud circumvent this?

We have nothing to worry about then. We can keep RH forever.

Thank you so much for clearing that up

We have nothing to worry about then. We can keep RH forever.

Thank you so much for clearing that up

Frankly, I'd be happy to groundshare with Canvey, if it meant that the Chairman finally walks and we have a new owner who cares for the club, rather than just his investment in it.

AFC Southend United holds no fears for me.Though I love Roots Hall as much as anyone.

Last week on the Football League Show I noticed several clubs with one stand closed while it's being rebuilt. Why could that not happen at Roots Hall unless RM has other incentives?

Because it would probably cost as much to bring RH up to scratch as building a new one. The money is only there if RH is sold and if you could invest large sums in RH what would be the point? A stadium for once a fortnight. We have that now and cant afford to run it.

Do you not think that has been suggested? Ron is his own man, he will do what he wants, when he wants and will tell who he wants. End of.

Meantime, "we" work tirelessly in the background trying to ensure we have the capacity to step in, if and when necessary. Knocking quiz nights isn't really helpful on your part is it?

Actions Kay! the trust have little!

Explain plan B then should the trust need to step in?

Why not? Thought there was a covenant on the ground.:tumbleweed:

Sadly I seriously doubt the covenant is worth the paper it is written on. The players involved, Sainsburys, have more than enough lawyers to beat that old chestnut and I do not believe our council would give a monkeys.

Sadly I seriously doubt the covenant is worth the paper it is written on. The players involved, Sainsburys, have more than enough lawyers to beat that old chestnut and I do not believe our council would give a monkeys.

Correct !

RH is used 25/30 times every year and no covenant on earth will stop so called progress,Imagine the council rubbing their hands in glee at the thought of 200 properties being built,Work for many and shiny new places for people to live.

So you are seriously saying that a 3/4 empty, 3 sided stadium which is difficult to access is better than redeveloping RH which is in a central location with public transport, parking and easy to walk to? Do you not think there are other reasons for RM wanting the stadium?

Said it before but I will say it again the trust are WEAK Ron should be at that Q and A anybody else on the stadium issue is pointless
Why don't you and your band of little boys in the Blue Voice march on Ron's home and demand he comes out and talks to you, then you can tell us all on here?.:smile:

If that really were the case, then you'd need to explain just why we haven't been forced to vacate Roots Hall at any time since 2007.

So you are seriously saying that a 3/4 empty, 3 sided stadium which is difficult to access is better than redeveloping RH which is in a central location with public transport, parking and easy to walk to? Do you not think there are other reasons for RM wanting the stadium?

Bottom line is that Roots Hall requires far too much money spent on it to bring it up to spec. We have to move to a new stadium and that has to be financed by Roots Hall being developed. Staying at Roots Hall is not an option as there is no way to generate the money required to make the required improvements.

Roots Hall is past it's best, The main stand is ok but the facilities are poor.
IMO the only way we could stay would be to take out seating in areas such as the old paddocks and lower south AND still it would not be good and in ten years the club would still need to move on.

Unless people are lost from hope of returning to the Championship and staying there?

Roots Hall is past it's best, The main stand is ok but the facilities are poor.
IMO the only way we could stay would be to take out seating in areas such as the old paddocks and lower south AND still it would not be good and in ten years the club would still need to move on.

Unless people are lost from hope of returning to the Championship and staying there?

Spot on. I would 'green' you for talking sense but I have to spread it around at bit first (at my age?)

Bottom line is that Roots Hall requires far too much money spent on it to bring it up to spec. We have to move to a new stadium and that has to be financed by Roots Hall being developed. Staying at Roots Hall is not an option as there is no way to generate the money required to make the required improvements.

Kay I am waiting for an answer still on what is the trusts plan b?

Kay I am waiting for an answer still on what is the trusts plan b?

I doubt things have changed very much since you were part of the committee Scott, if you have direct questions, then you know who you need to talk to.

Back