• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Absolutely disgraceful, cannot beat 10 men unlike Plymouth who can. The only positive from this match is Jack Payne

Don't think we should panic yet though, lets see where we are after 10-12 games in the league

Over reaction?? Go on mr smooth tell us how it's all alright ....

Never said it was alright, but calling for Brown to be sacked after losing in a cup that some really don't care about is an over reaction IMO.

Jack Payne scoring twice is obviously a positive and should start at the weekend.

We lost due to a great strike in the last minute against the run of play, but missed our chances again.

As soon as that goal went in, some posters who haven't posted through the whole match pop up with the negative posts and that might just be a coincidence which I highly doubt.

The trouble is, Shaq and Weston seem to be the biggest two culprits for missing the chances. Not Corr and not Barnard. They are of course creating these chances through their pace though.

So just the FA cup run then... Poor to lose this one. Pb cannot blame the officials this time. Over on the Afcw forum they are having to pinch themselves they've won this.

Poor at both ends of the pitch. Look shaky at the back compared to the end of last season and we just cannot keep missing so many chances at the other end. Sounds like Payne was the only positive.

None of our forwards could score against ten men. Coulthirst and Weston seem to need about thirty shots to score. Corr badly out of form and playing too deep, when on the pitch, it's not looking good in the final third.

So then, leaky defence and can't beat 10 men and 2 first teamers can't even score from 12 yards:Worthy:

Whist everyone has been banging on about strikers, I wrote this after the Plymouth game.................

"Yet, whilst everyone is venting their frustration about our inability to score, I still have some concerns about the other end and these started last week at Carlisle. From what I heard, I pointed out my worries about the ease at which they opened our defence to CP. If they had a quality striker, we could have been embarassed even allowing for all our possession and shots on and off target. His reply was that we had one of the best defensive records in the division. Well we ain't got Egan and Sokolik at the back any more and is it beginning to show? Whilst Prosser seems to be pretty steady, Bolger hasn't started by oozing the confidence and quality that many had hoped for, although it's early days yet and one hopes he will develop with experience. Not sure that Thompson and Prosser do it for me.........perhaps Mads will step in and steady my central defensive nerves?"

Corr and Barnard are NOT good enough. I know it's pens.... but we need players. I hear Tyrone Barnett was minutes away from sealing a move to Oxford last night. Loan with a view to a permanent? WHY are we not going for this type of goal scorer? Ron can sell the FF dream...

I'm amazed he would consider moving to League 2.

Oh god, yet other overreaction just like Stan Smith from American Dad!! We lost to a last minutes goal and on a penalty shoot out, that football, it's happen, move on!!

Christ, we all have different opinions but most of us put winning before some fixation on an individual. Personally find the comments by rayleigh boy and bkdside pathetic and anti SUFC. Do you think Brown and the players are happy we lost

Yogi, whilst you correctly highlighted defensive frailties, the whole tenure of the commentry I listened to constantly emphasized our failure was down to creating too many chances where strikers didnt work the keeper, including about 8 efforts blasted wide by Shaq alone. Paul Clark " Southend had chances galore but not hitting target again" This was very clearly the main reason, including only 50% penalties going in!

Oh god, yet other overreaction just like Stan Smith from American Dad!! We lost to a last minutes goal and on a penalty shoot out, that football, it's happen, move on!!

Yes we lost to a last minute goal... The result isn't what concerns me. It's that we leaked a goal from ten men when we had a vast majority of possession. 14 shots on target and two goals against ten men isn't going to set this division alight when we come up against full strength better sides. As shown in recent matches.

This isn't an overreaction - we need to act on the problems now. PB keeps banging on about not finishing our chances... well something needs to be done about it now - whether a new striker or a change of starting line up...

Back