• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think no one should be particularly taken a back by this article, this is simple what open borders create. There is no utopia with being tied to the EU, whatever they or the main political parties might have you believe.

I think no one should be particularly taken a back by this article, this is simple what open borders create. There is no utopia with being tied to the EU, whatever they or the main political parties might have you believe.

Certainly not utopia but the free movement of labour between EU countries makes sense.

Personally,I'm glad to be one of the 1.8 million Brits living outside the UK in another EU member state.

Certainly not utopia but the free movement of labour between EU countries makes sense.

Personally,I'm glad to be one of the 1.8 million Brits living outside the UK in another EU member state.

Only if your benefiting from the free movement, to many in our society there is absolutely no sense in this.

Lack of affordable housing, school places, hospital capacity and transport infrastructure to accommodate this influx of people means that poorer people's living standards have been squeezed.

While many businesses and individuals may have reaped the benefits of mass immigration, poorer households have borne the cost.

Only if your benefiting from the free movement, to many in our society there is absolutely no sense in this.

Lack of affordable housing, school places, hospital capacity and transport infrastructure to accommodate this influx of people means that poorer people's living standards have been squeezed.

While many businesses and individuals may have reaped the benefits of mass immigration, poorer households have borne the cost.

That is the chicken and egg question though isn't it? For the most part immigrants come here to work. So what came first, the immigrant or the job?

The question then becomes why are there jobs for these people? The other question for me is how did these immigrant manage to start their own businesses where non-immigrants couldn't? For example, nearly all car washes I see are staffed by young immigrants. How come young Britons didn't think to set these up, rather than sitting on their backsides bemoaning the lack of jobs?

That is the chicken and egg question though isn't it? For the most part immigrants come here to work. So what came first, the immigrant or the job?

The question then becomes why are there jobs for these people? The other question for me is how did these immigrant manage to start their own businesses where non-immigrants couldn't? For example, nearly all car washes I see are staffed by young immigrants. How come young Britons didn't think to set these up, rather than sitting on their backsides bemoaning the lack of jobs?

I guess it's two fold there's the guy in work who is having his wages driven down because of increased competition for work, cant afford to get on the housing ladder etc, then there's those unemployed which you describe above.

Either way the impact of free movement is more felt by those in low skilled / paid jobs and the communities they live in.

I certainly think that there is a mindset issue among many unemployed which prevents them from successfully gaining employment, and would agree that more needs to be done to encourage them into work that is being taken up by people from outside UK.

A quick mea culpa for when I described Farage as a millionaire banker who with his immigrant wife and kids has been taking an annual six figure sum off from the EU.

I should have of course called him a millionaire tax-dodging banker who with his immigrant wife and kids has been taking an annual six figure sum off from the EU.

A quick mea culpa for when I described Farage as a millionaire banker who with his immigrant wife and kids has been taking an annual six figure sum off from the EU.

I should have of course called him a millionaire tax-dodging banker who with his immigrant wife and kids has been taking an annual six figure sum off from the EU.

Not a fan then?

Not a fan then?

No, I think he's been completely useless as a MEP.

He's got the 759th worst out of 764 voting record in the European Parliament and of the only 5 worse than him, 2 are UKIP.

Yet despite this he's claimed a staggering amount of expenses - earlier this year he claimed he was given a general allowance of £3,580 a month to spend "as I see fit" and he did not have to provide receipts.

I think people voting for UKIP are wanting change, but he epitomises all the things that they want to change. He's a proper snake oil salesman if ever I saw one. Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

UKIP offered an alliance of "idiots and fools" with German dadaists in the European parliament.:smile:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...fer-to-save-ukip-group-in-european-parliament
If they are hanging out with Dadaists maybe they should have tried to get Bonzo Dog rather than ex Tory rapper Mike Read in to provide the music. After the steel drum band deserted them at their Croydon 'carnival' it's self satirising to go calypso.

Read's lyrics reminded me of the band on Phoenix Nights singing about being sent the wrong shoes:
'send em back, send em back,
I ordered the white ones,
they sent me bloody black'

Nice to see the Farage Balloon trying to cosy up with Polish racists so extreme (JKM) that not even the French National Front wanted anything to do with them.

UKIP finally make their EU deal with a holocaust denier who even the FN wouldn't touch.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...deal-with-far-right-to-save-european-grouping

Would it really kill you to post something that isn't so blatantly full of ****. Even the link makes no mention
of the actual MEP who has joined ever having the same views as his party leader. More misleading rubbish from both that leftist rag and you, the middle class commie.

Would it really kill you to post something that isn't so blatantly full of ****. Even the link makes no mention
of the actual MEP who has joined ever having the same views as his party leader. More misleading rubbish from both that leftist rag and you, the middle class commie.
To be fair the views of the party leader would be something you would take into consideration when you are deciding wether to stand for a party or not. The guy is widely reported as saying that Hitler was probably not aware of the Holocaust. UKIP lose around a million pounds of EU funding if their group do not have enough members and the fact that they are willing to make allegiances with such dodgy characters for the sake of getting more public funding shows them up as being as bad as all the others they accuse of being on the take.

It's a story reported widely in the national press - do you say it is full of **** just because it is bad news for UKIP that it has come out? Farage must have known it would come out but his decision was 'I'll take the money please'.

See ***'s post above for a rebuttal of your comments,which fully reflects my own views.

I suppose I might be deemed middle class by virtue of my profession,(joint) house ownership,education etc and also in the sense that we're all middle class now-if you've got a job that is.

However, my parents were most certainly working class.

Btw,I'm an ex-communist and haven't been a member of any political party for over 35 years now.

Back on topic, I see that Robert Iwaszkiewicz thinks that men hitting their wives can "help them come back down to earth." :stunned:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-29704036

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back