• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think the 4 wins makes this current situation even more depressing. they ever so slightly get your hopes up, you think things are looking up and that the team are going to improve..then POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER!!!!! Same old ****ing ****** Southend. We all knew the problem last season...Goals..and tonight was no different. White scores, Weston puts the penalty away..game over. Barnard should have started just to give him another game and build on the last game. I've been a fan of PB but his selections are baffling at times

My two problems with Phil Brown are: his reliance on slow-tempo passing game that is so utterly dull to watch and his utter inability to end a winless run in any respectable time. But apart from those minor criticisms he's alright.

Another game we should have won but lost 1-0. Simply not good enough again. Don't care about passion, commitment, work rate, bad luck. I care about seeing my team score goals and win games or at least draw games. We have some very good league two players but they are not being utilised correctly. Some of the tactics and selections are baffling. I know we are only two points outside the play offs but it's about more than that. I may get set down here, but I've had enough of PB post match bull ****. Time to go, get Devonshire , Edinburgh even Martin Allen. Someone to get us excited again.

PB do me a favour either get rid of these so called strikers and get some decent ones or RESIGN. Weston is on of your signings and i got a 5 year old daughter can kick a ball harder than him.hes pathetic.

We were poor but should have won the game. We're no worse than recent seasons and we'll come good soon. League 2 is all about runs...we're just on a bad one for now.

Great effort from all those who travelled. Unexpectedly chilly, predictably disappointing.

Message to Hawkwell Blue.

According to him Phil as manager, after very uninspiring team talks didn't blow games against Oxford, Burton and Exeter!

How predictable that the would put in a save Phil reply. Pathetic, you and Tango, after a dressing room speech from him it went badly wrong having been head and shoulders the best team in the first half against these three. This jumped up clueless idiot will take us nearer relegation than promotion but i suppose cause he's got a higher division pedigree and a Towie tan you have fallen for it as usual!

Last edited by a moderator:
Message to Hawkwell Blue.

According to him Phil as manager and very inspiring team talks didn't blow games against Oxford, Burton and Exeter!

How predictable that th would put in a save Phil reply. Pathetic, you and Tango, after a dressing room speech from him it went badly wrong having been head and shoulders the best team in the first half against these three. This jumped up clueless idiot will take us nearer relegation than promotion but i suppose cause he's got a higher division pedigree and a Towie tan you have fallen for it as usual!

So you are saying we will finish bottom half then?

Are penalty takers not nominated anymore or is it just a lack of attention to detail?

PB said in his post match interview that GC remarked to him that he thought Corr would take it but Weston put himself forward.

Jam - Gives me no pleasure. can you see what I mean. we continue to be unconvincing in the final third. why I said realistically the other day when we were5th, we were in a slightly, very slightly false position. but we can be good enough to be there when we are more dominant, ruthless and clinical. Oh, and perhaps a lone forward if we can get one. Lee Barnard won't be able to cope with playing continuously I'm afraid. I know forwards are hard to come by and just hope that's the reason we've failed to get one thus far.

League tables don't lie, we are where we deserve to be, as we deserved to be where we were a week ago.

One penalty today and we would be 6th again. Close margins.

If you are saying we were lucky to be in there before then we were unlucky today, the better team for most of the game, a missed pen and then concede from one of their first chances. You wont no doubt see it that way of course...

And slipping 5 places in the meantime. 5th to 10th sort of backs up my argument which I hope is temporary. Could it see it coming unfortunately.

We're now 13 games in and Brown has absolutely no idea of his best team, system or partnerships. It's all a bit late in the day to still be tinkering with things when we should have overcome our early season bedding in and kicked on 3 or 4 games ago (at the very least). For a team who's sole aim is promotion, it quite simply isn't good enough. I appreciate people are well entitled to their opinions but you have to wonder how much longer some on here can carry on defending the results.

We dominate possession, create chances and get shots in, but couldn't score in a brothel with a grand in our back pocket. Sometimes that's just the way football goes, but we can't have just been unlucky for the whole of this season and the last, there's obviously an underlying issue. I'm not in the 'lets just start Williams and Layne' fan club, but I do understand where they are coming from at times. What's the worst that could happen, they don't score? I'm sure we won't miss much!

I've backed Brown for so long and will support him for as long as he's here, but I'm losing the will to live. Yes we play better looking football than we did under Sturrock, but the big man got the results, so it makes Phil's nice football irrelevant. I hate hoofball with a passion, but if that's what you need to do to get out of this godforsaken division then let's just hoof away and go back to playing football when we're in a division with teams who want to do the same as us and actually play football.

I'm all out of ideas. Barney isn't the answer, Corr's a bit too delicate these days and It just isn't happening for Shaq. We need a decent striker asap otherwise this season will just go down in flames.

Don't know about the finish but we keep heading that way at the moment.

I remember an opposing fan coming on here last season after betting on us being there, he went with his tail between his legs and Im sure it will be the same again.

Whether we can make a genuine promotion push remains to be seen, but we know how form can come and go. We went 4 without a win, 4 wins in a row, now 4 without, so we will obviously win our next 4 :smile:

The inconsistency is beyond tedious now, its been going on way too long! It needs to stop!

No point in winning 4 on the bounce if we're then going to lose the next 4!

Yeah, I know this doesn't help I'm just venting my frustration!

Frigging hell, this is so simple, make me manager, just play a settled side and play that side around jack Payne who when given a free attacking role will punish defenders in this league, just play him please:thumbsup:

How I see it is that the opposition manager must go let them have the ball for an hour or so going nowhere using energy up they won't hurt us and the we will step up a gear or 2 when they are bit leggy and frustrated. Job done

I remember an opposing fan coming on here last season after betting on us being there, he went with his tail between his legs and Im sure it will be the same again.

Whether we can make a genuine promotion push remains to be seen, but we know how form can come and go. We went 4 without a win, 4 wins in a row, now 4 without, so we will obviously win our next 4 :smile:

I did the same thing last season to two Chesterfield fans on Twitter when I told them to come back to me when they were still in League 2 come the end of the season.

Hats off to them, they remembered me 4 months later... :sad:

Back