• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Browns attitude

I agree that those that ARE ABLE to get to these away games are treuly dedicated and deserve huge respect. However, it does annoy me when people use the term 'these are the real supporters'. Im 41 have been going since i was 6, ive seen home and away well over 1000 games. Before i had children i traveled all over the place supporting Southend. My son is now 10 and we have now started going to a few more away games, but Newport away on a Tuesday night is just simply not doable. But that doesn't surely make me not a real supporter does it?? Ive been a season ticket holder for more years than i can remeber, my son is now in his third year. The fact that i put my hand in my pocket (£420) this season and committ to the club in this way, and for very little reward mainly, surely makes me as much of a real supporter as these poor sods who traveled last night.

Part timer.. :winking:

He is a lucky manager, a missed penalty, missed chances & Newport scored with their first shot!

He would have saved it with his wrong hand if anything.

As for the thread, managers and players should always show their appreciation no matter how disappointing the result

Guess thats certainly a factor, maybe he expected to get abused. A quick gesture would still have done though.

Very true Jam Man he should have just wave or smiled at least......mind you after Luton maybe two fingers would have been his gesture :winking:

As for the thread, managers and players should always show their appreciation no matter how disappointing the result

Guess thats certainly a factor, maybe he expected to get abused. A quick gesture would still have done though.

LOL!

I remember that thread.

As for the acknowledgement at the end of the game, I guess the fans don't always applaud the team and very often boo them off. If the players and management stood around to applaud that it would be like rubbing salt in the wound.

I think 'quick gestures' are what Brown was worried about :winking:

Maybe clapping is the wrong gesture in the circumstances and a wave goodbye more appropriate?

I'm with TrueBlue on this. It's a bloody long way to go on a Tuesday night, and win or lose, I think the supporters deserve some acknowledgement from the manager. Managers are full of it when things are going well, but it goes both ways.

Last edited:
I was there last night but can't say that I am bothered if he came over to the supporters or not. In fact, I would prefer it if he stormed off to the dressing room p...ed off that we didn't get the result.

Back