• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Waiting for PB to say that it was a point gained, especially in view of our defensive problems at CB. If he says we are on an unbeaten run so we must be doing something right then............!!!

Put it in context. Frustrating, but given the issues we had in the centre of defence I don't think that's a bad point. He's set us up like that though - a central midfield of Deegan and Leonard shows a man that's taking no chances. Replace them with Timlin and Clifford and we'll create more, but won't be as solid.

We need to go to Oxford and win.

I really don't enjoy watching this team. Payne was like a headless chicken today. Leonard was woeful. Need to bring Clifford back in. Shaq has the shot of a school girl.
It all just look a bit hit and hope to me.. No one seems to have any ideas. Same old subs.. Boring, no goals again. Pretty ****ed I went now

A good point and unbeaten in 5 which will do the players confidence no harm. Injuries have resulted in team changes and blank sheets do give you a chance to win.
The last 3 goalless draws at home, could have been wins with a bit of luck and we would no be in the top 3.
2 tough but winnable games at Oxford and Portsmouth to come so looking forward to upward progress :smile:

Honestly we should have won that game, I think there were three scrambles in the box where somehow the ball didn't go into the net, luck isn't going our way at the moment. We didn't play badly we just need someone who knows where the net is.

I'm sorry , but as hacked off as I am with a third consequtive 0-0 at home , PB started with 3-5-2 due to lack of defenders and never went with less than 1 up ( that's for you Mrs B as you failed to support again. ).
With the defenders he had , he needed Deegan and Leonard but I thought the 4 other forward payers busted a gut and gave it a go against a good team.
2-3 very good saves by their goalie and Bentley had nothing of note to do.
ffs some of you on here are real doom mongers and seem to want us to fail.
Go and support someone else or get down to the Hall and give our boys support.
yep. , far from great , but if we are , then Plymouth have big problems.

well done brown , made the best of what u had today.

looking at the starting line-up, there are not many goals between those players and its shows today. Plymouth were much better in the first half and could have been up at HT but Southend came back in it 2nd half. Have we ever had 3 successive 0-0 home draws?

I find it extraordinary Phil Brown continues to exclude Conor Clifford from mid-field and never even brings him on as a late substitute when the failings of the current mid-field line up are all too obvious. Southend's mid-field is crying out for a combative player who can score goals.

looking at the starting line-up, there are not many goals between those players and its shows today. Plymouth were much better in the first half and could have been up at HT but Southend came back in it 2nd half. Have we ever had 3 successive 0-0 home draws?

We've certainly had 3 successive defeats, to put it in context.
The last couple of seasons we've fallen apart over the winter months which has ultimately cost us promotion. This season we're still picking up points it seems. For that reason I'm hopeful.

Back