• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you renew/buy a season card?

• Yes, I will renew

Votes: 84 59.2%
  • Yes, I am getting a new one

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • No, I am not renewing

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • No, I don't have one and won't next season

Votes: 33 23.2%
  • Only if we gain promotion

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Only if Brown leaves

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Bart/Abstain

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
Just been advised that it is actually FIVE years that the season tickets have been frozen for....what else has stayed the same price for 5 years? Can't think of a single thing that hasn't gone up.

Tinks, the loos are being monitored carefully now, the floor in the cubicles is now at least dry and the sign has gone back up on the outer door. I will be checking them tomorrow! :winking:

Petrol! Tha's gone down (I think)

How do the prices compare to other teams in this league ?

Its a bit hard to compare some prices as other grounds still have standing terraces.
But this season I think we were one of the highest.
Not sure many clubs have announced next seasons prices yet, so cant compare for next season and of course we don't know what division we will be in yet!

No probs from me, no rise for 5 years and then a rise of less than a £1 per game. Think it's completely reasonable. £450 for me and my son for the season. Will be renewing Monday.

How do the prices compare to other teams in this league ?

Most other clubs have different price structures across the ground. We don't. You pay the same price whichever stand you use, wherever you sit. I think I am right in saying we are one of the cheaper clubs compared at the top price level but one of the more expensive when compared at the lower price level.

Says the man whose firm has cut services and charge a lot more.

You on a wind up Kev?

I'm just a poorly postie at the bottom of the ladder; nothing to do with me !!

If people are happy to pay more for it ; then fair enough!

No probs from me, no rise for 5 years and then a rise of less than a £1 per game. Think it's completely reasonable. £450 for me and my son for the season. Will be renewing Monday.

I don't have a problem with it, as long as I can pay in installments. May have to go down the Credit Card 0% interest route if not

That's a horrid decision I'm afraid! What's worse is putting up match day prices as well! Being 20 quid just doesn't represent good value for money, especially after a rather turgid amount of home performances, so putting them up isn't going to help bring in the floating punter! A lot more thought and imagination needs to be going on behind the scenes IMO!

Oh bore off when was the last time the season tickets went up anywhere near inflation??? 90p a game more your saving well over that each time you fill up with fuel

Oh bore off when was the last time the season tickets went up anywhere near inflation??? 90p a game more your saving well over that each time you fill up with fuel

He's entitled to his opinion Scott, but here's a surprise, you and I are singing from the same hymn sheet here!

To be fair, no customer says "Oooh! It's more expensive - that's great news!"

Inflation is a financial necessity in the world, that's the way life is.

Just been advised that it is actually FIVE years that the season tickets have been frozen for....what else has stayed the same price for 5 years? Can't think of a single thing that hasn't gone up.

Tinks, the loos are being monitored carefully now, the floor in the cubicles is now at least dry and the sign has gone back up on the outer door. I will be checking them tomorrow! :winking:

I can.... my wages and therefore disposable income! Might not be able to renew for next year as a result.

Just out of interest for the people who are very unhappy about the small price increase. Would you be happy if we had to sell one of our better players at end of season to subsidise the money instead?

Inflation aside I think it's the fact that at £350 it is well overpriced to begin with. Like most people I've been a st holder for so long that I will renew, like the vast majority going to football is a habit far more than something I view as value for money.

For what it's worth I think spending the £370 on five or six away games would be far more enjoyable than an entire season at Roots Hall.

For what it's worth I think spending the £370 on five or six away games would be far more enjoyable than an entire season at Roots Hall.

Me too. I will renew aswell as going to RH has become part of the furniture for me rightly or wrongly!

Thanks Kay. Could certainly do with dry floors and hot water. Washing my hands in freezing water is not good when it is so cold outside. X

Are match day prices going to increase as well,

Yes.

Inflation aside I think it's the fact that at £350 it is well overpriced to begin with. Like most people I've been a st holder for so long that I will renew, like the vast majority going to football is a habit far more than something I view as value for money.

Did you read my response earlier about how we compare to others?

Back