• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

May have completely made this up but I remember hearing that there is a football league rule preventing added time being shown.

Could the scoreboard show the actual time as well? It would be just easy to work out the additional time that way instead.

Perhaps not national lottery numbers but the half-time draw ticket number(s)?

Aaaah, perfect timing Stephen, I have a couple of suggestions that I was given for the Supporters Forum tonight, so might as well go straight to the engineer.....

Could the team players names be left scrolling across the scoreboard as the crowd come in during the build up to kick off?

NOTE TAKEN ---^

At the end of each half could the match clock be left running to show the added time rather than just stop at 45:00 or 90:00?

Answer Above.

And lets be realistic, there is not a humongous amount i can put on it, but anything in particular?

1. Players Names & Subs : Back on 28th Feb (Subject to getting team list at a proper time)

I will try and put forward any not thought of.

P.S Nice red patch on scoreboard now and again : not even i know why its there ;)

Whilst they have been on there before, I personally haven't seen half time scores from our league recently. Having said that, it could just be because I wasn't looking at the scoreboard!

You could put the day's league two fixtures up on there before kick off? Not everyone gets a programme. Could also highlight our rivals scores at half time, Col U & Orient mainly, its funny when they lose. :thumbsup:

This is correct as it would interfere with extra time added on each half by the ref.

Thanks, Stephen, did think that might be the case.

Strange thing about it is that if you were watching a televised game and had a television on in a box or had it streaming to SkyGo on your smartphone or some such then Sky do it.
Never really seen why it should be a problem as it's always emphasised that it's the minimum time added on and that it's the ref's final decision as to how much is played but there must be some obscure reason in the minds of the football hierarchy......:unsure:

Anyway, rules is rules. :sad:

Quite often , when the game drifts into a dull patch and the atmosphere lulls into a library style snooze fest (usually the whole of the 2nd half ), can you flash some motivational encouragement ? Just simple COME ON YOU BLUES , BLUE ARMY , COME ON SOUTHEND might just awaken the fans from their slumber + tempt them into singing along.
:footballer::footballer::footballer::footballer::footballer:

Back