• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think if Argentina ,Brazil,Germany,Spain and of course England all quit together then FIFA have nothing because the smaller nations will follow suit leaving Blatter with a pointless WC played by minnows or nations who the public do not want to watch.

Take your point though.

What I meant by every country was really every important country. However, you could argue that doesn't include us!

The FIFA debacle is excruciating for fans because not only is it destroying the game we love, we have absolutely no power to affect change.

We believe that the problem stems from the top and the first step to reform is to remove Sepp Blatter.

FIFA sponsors, potentially UEFA (but probably not) and agents of the law (SFO / FBI) might affect change, but we're left venting on the sidelines - mainly through these forums, and Twitter...

We're a group of football supporters who want to unite the voices of the fans online - at https://www.change.org/p/fifa-remov...nk&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

We're aiming for the largest ever protest on Change.org

What effect will this have? Honestly, we don't know yet. But up until now, there hasn't been a quantified online protest from the fans, and we want to give everyone a place to go, to act on their grievance.

The protest is going well so far after 3 days with almost 200 fans signed up and great support through Twitter including support from former Wales Goalkeeper Neville Southall. But we want to take it up to the next level which is why we're reaching out to Football forum communities to extend the message..

Thanks for your time and hopefully your support.

The RemoveBlatter.com Team
@Remove_Blatter on Twitter

Good luck.

To be honest I think behind Blatter are a dozen people equally as bad. Removing him just makes one of them fractionally more wealthy. I think a fan-led boycott of FIFA sponsors would be more productive but appreciate that some people are doing something anyway.

Seems the FBI are now involved after death threats were recorded.

Sorry mess.

Good luck.

To be honest I think behind Blatter are a dozen people equally as bad. Removing him just makes one of them fractionally more wealthy. I think a fan-led boycott of FIFA sponsors would be more productive but appreciate that some people are doing something anyway.

Thanks!

We agree that the most effective route to change in this situation is either through pressure on sponsors, or through legal channels. Both of these avenues are being progressed by other groups... we merely hope to provide an easy means for fans around the world to unite their voice against 'him'

Thanks again,
RemoveBlatter.com Team

http://news.sky.com/story/1433137/qatar-world-cup-fifa-recommends-winter-dates

Shortened.........YES!!!............why not? I suggest a week, with teams playing around the clock. We could arrange the different matches to fit into respective countries peak-time television viewing, allowing TV companies to maximise their advertising profits. A week long tournement wouldn't intefer too much with the European schedules nor with the all important Sky Sports coverage. Ridiculous??? YES.......but certainly no more ridiculous than this whole corrupt and pathetic circus has already become.

The top European clubs just won't stand for this. A proper **** storm is coming...

And deserved so James,the whole thing is a farce from start to finish.. One person running these global sports is ridiculous..

Blatter and Ecclestone are a match made in heaven,

It's a shame that many fans and the media will focus on the stupidity of the original decision, and the disruption to schedules, rather than the fact that THOUSANDS OF FORCED-LABOURERS (SLAVES) MAY DIE BUILDING THESE STADIA.

This is a modern day scandal, and yet it's buried, much like the poor souls who have roasted to death in the desert to build nice shiny pointless football grounds.

The top European clubs just won't stand for this. A proper **** storm is coming...

Australia said they would look into legal action as well. Their argument is that their bid was put forward based on a summer competition, not a winter one, which is their summer. They said they believed they should be compensated for the money spent on the bidding process.

Australia said they would look into legal action as well. Their argument is that their bid was put forward based on a summer competition, not a winter one, which is their summer. They said they believed they should be compensated for the money spent on the bidding process.

Yes, I won't often say this but...I have a lot of sympathy for the Aussies here.

It's a shame that many fans and the media will focus on the stupidity of the original decision, and the disruption to schedules, rather than the fact that THOUSANDS OF FORCED-LABOURERS (SLAVES) MAY DIE BUILDING THESE STADIA.

This is a modern day scandal, and yet it's buried, much like the poor souls who have roasted to death in the desert to build nice shiny pointless football grounds.

Good point well made. There is absolutely nothing good coming out of this whole farrago. Football's shame.

This is pretty much spot on...

Hmm, don't seem to be able to embed tweets...

@dannykellywords

FIFA's Qatar 2022 document summed up..

F**k European leagues
F**k Christmas
F**k stadium workers
F**k human rights
F**k you
F**k everything

Of course, you're right but adding that dimension just makes me even angrier than I already am.

Spain's LFP has issued a statement stating their opposition to the winter scheduling, while Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says: "We expect the clubs to be compensated for the damage that a final decision will cause."

B-nkCoTUsAA_NFw.jpg

Back