• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rayleighboy

Schoolboy
Just been reading on the football ground guide that if driving to Morecambe you should use Junction 35 of the M6 and take the A601(M)/A6/A5105 rather than Junction 34 due to loads of roadworks currently ongoing!!

Also is it worth using the M6 Toll? Does it save much time??

Yer, and the unmarked police cars that got me some years back. They make a fortune from it apparently.

Yeah always use the toll. Definitely worth £4.80 or whatever it is.

I live in Bolton, and when we have a day out to Morecambe, i always use junction 35, signposted, Morecambe/Carnforth. saves getting caught up in the roadworks in Lancaster, and it takes you straight to the seafront.

I live in Bolton, and when we have a day out to Morecambe, i always use junction 35, signposted, Morecambe/Carnforth. saves getting caught up in the roadworks in Lancaster, and it takes you straight to the seafront.

Nice one, we're travelling from Wigan and will probably do the same.

I always use A50 brings you out at Stoke has always served me well. Cuts out fair bit of the M6

If your going that way then the toll road is a must, £5.50 last week when we headed up to Bury. It saves a fair amount of time and stress

Do you think 9am is early enough to leave to drive up? Or would I be better off leaving earlier? Never done a journey up there before so anyone who knows would be good to know

I would certainly leave earlier than that myself.

Its a 5 hour drive having to take in the joys of the M25 and M1.

Whenever we go to the Lake District we normally head off by 6am and we are up past the worst of it and stop at the M6 toll services for breakfast.

have to admit never bothered using the toll road at weekends as time wise there is not much in it as never encounter traffic on that M6 area at times I have gone. Technically the toll road is a fraction longer. If your going in rush hour its a different matter though. Also I find out hard not to speed on Toll road as so empty and have to be careful with unmarked police cars etc!

Do you think 9am is early enough to leave to drive up? Or would I be better off leaving earlier? Never done a journey up there before so anyone who knows would be good to know
I'm driving up with 4 in my car and last pick up is from Basildon at 8.15am. I am estimating 5 hours of drive time + 1 or pos 2 short breaks on top. I aim to be there about 1.30/1.45pm, but this could be optimistic if there are any big hold ups. Hope this helps and enjoy the trip.

We have done it in just over 4 hours 15, but will leave at 8am for this just in case traffic issues as its a game you dont want to miss :)

Set off early, get some breakfast somewhere. Avoid the works on the M6 and it's a bank holiday weekend so traffic could be heavier than usual.

If anyone needs a match ticket and space in a car from SWF / Wickford area. I have one, will be setting off around 6.30am

Im leaving Billericay at 8.00am, expecting to do it in around 4 1/2 including quick comfort brake.

Definitely leave earlier. I'm going in one car, with 4 other people. We, 3 of us to start with, are leaving Rochford at 7:15, picking my dads mate up from Southend, then to Laindon to pick up another friend of my dad's.

With three people in the back, we decided to allow some time to stop more frequently. To be honest though, as my dad said, if there was just the four of us like there normally is, we would probably leave Rochford at 7:45 anyway. (including the short stop at Laindon).

All in all then, i'd say leave at 8:00 at the latest. Should be there in plenty of time then :thumbsup:..........unless the M6 is up to its usual tricks...:thumbdown:

I think its also the Morecambe carnival down on the seafront this weekend. Wouldn't have thought it would affect the traffic that much but anyone thinking of parking at the seafront and walking up might hit a bit of congestion.

Back