• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

God Actually Does Hate Cleveland

EastStandBlue

Life President
Spare a thought for the Cavs who, tomorrow night, must beat Memphis or they will equal the League record for a single-season losing streak.

They've already broken the franchise record...

And if that wasn't bad enough, the draft doesn't look great, either...

Spare a thought for the Cavs who, tomorrow night, must beat Memphis or they will equal the League record for a single-season losing streak.

They've already broken the franchise record...

And if that wasn't bad enough, the draft doesn't look great, either...

Do you think their owner is still 'totally confident' that the Cavs will win a Championship before the LeBron and the Heat?

Maybe the D-League I suppose....

I'm tipping the Bulls this year. They're playing great, have some young, athletic and hungry players. As much as I'd like to see the Tics win one more with KG/Truth/Allen, I think they'll begin to wane in March on tired legs.

And there it is. The Cavs lost last night setting the NBA record of 24 straight losses in a single season. With Dallas up next tomorrow night, I dont see the run ending any time soon.

The Bulls are a good shout to go deep into the playoffs. Rose has been phenominal this seaon. San Antonio's record this season also cant be ignored, having lost only 8 games so far. Kobe needs some help from the likes of Gasol to win a third championship in a row.

On the UK front, Essex Pirates have lost 18 out of 18 this season, tho I must say watching them over at Garons Park is a nice family evening out.

And there it is. The Cavs lost last night setting the NBA record of 24 straight losses in a single season. With Dallas up next tomorrow night, I dont see the run ending any time soon.

The Bulls are a good shout to go deep into the playoffs. Rose has been phenominal this seaon. San Antonio's record this season also cant be ignored, having lost only 8 games so far. Kobe needs some help from the likes of Gasol to win a third championship in a row.

Rose and Rondo are, IMO, two of the strongest PGs in the league at the moment... Driving force behind Chicago/Boston.

Rose and Rondo are, IMO, two of the strongest PGs in the league at the moment... Driving force behind Chicago/Boston.

Definately. Some of the numbers Rondo is putting up are obscene. He hasn't scored the points Rose has, but when your getting near-20 assists most games, with Garnett, Pierce and Allen finishing off the plays, you dont need to score 20 points.

Definately. Some of the numbers Rondo is putting up are obscene. He hasn't scored the points Rose has, but when your getting near-20 assists most games, with Garnett, Pierce and Allen finishing off the plays, you dont need to score 20 points.

I love Rondo to pieces (of course I would)... He's just an exciting player to watch and he's capable of things only a handful of players are. I watched Rose play for Memphis in March Madness the year he was drafted and knew instantly he'd be the #1 pick that year, even though that was probably one of the most talented drafts of recent years (subsequent drafts haven't been anywhere near as good, although Blake Griffin tickles my fancy from '09).

The last couple of drafts haven't really been all that inspiring. Says a lot that this season Landry Fields, taken 39th overall by the Knicks, has been one of the top 2 or 3 (behind Blake Griffin whi has been incredible in his delayed rookie season) rookies this season. Being a Knicks fan of course, I'm not complaining about getting such a great steal in the second round!

For a while, I thought Landry Fields was a college football stadium.

'Big' game this weekend. Cavs, probably still on their losing run at that point, will be at home to the Wizards, yet to win away this season. Something's gotta give!

I backed Cleveland for under 30 wins this season - reckon I'll be seeing a payout there.

Cleveland's streak is finally over at 26 consecutive losses after beating the Clippers in OT last night.

Knicks last night acquired Carmelo Anthony, Chauncy Billups and a few other players from the Nuggets for Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Timofey Mozgov and some draft picks and cash. Also the Knicks have finally shedded the weight of Eddy Curry, both in terms of his $12 million contract and his stature, and traded Anthony Randolph to the Timberwolves for Corey Brewer.

As much as I liked Gallinari, Chandler and Felton as Knicks, I love this trade! Chandler was likely off in the summer in free agency and Felton was realistically a stop gap until Chris Paul or Deron Williams become available. Gallo was looking better this season and has potential, but 'Melo is an All Star and top 10 in the league player now. Also, they kept Landry Fields, who was mentioned in trade negotiations, which is very good given how many starters the Knicks gave away in this trade and his potential.

Agreed, that's a great trade for the Knicks and one that really could benefit them for a few years.

Yeah, this is great for the Knicks, who can now build around two of the ten All-Star starters from Sunday. I think it would be too much to say the NBA needs a strong NY team, but it certainly makes the league a more interesting place.

As an aside, I'd highly recommend listening to Bill Simmons' interview with NBA Commish David Stern http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/simmons/ I always find Stern such an interesting man to listen to. He's run that league for nearly three decades now and is such a clever bloke.

Bollocks... I've always rated Perkins, he's decent in the center and he's thoroughly useful on D too. If KG picks up another late-season knock like last year, I think the Tics will have big problems, like last year.

Love the comments from Paul Pierce as the Clips downed the Celtics last night. 'We guarded their star player and forgot about everyone else'. Mo Williams looks like a definite upgrade over the woefully inconsistent Baron Davis at the point - I like LA's other team to be a six or seven seed next year.

Derrick Rose has now led the Bulls to the top seed in the East, and I can see them staying there until the end of the season. If Rose isn't MVP its a travesty IMO.

Have to say I quite enjoyed the Heat's losing streak too.

Back