• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So, we nearly have :moon:, just :pig: to go. It would make typing post match comments a bit easier.

We are also taking ex-Man Utd RB Richard Eckersley on trial. Spent last few years in MLS playing for Toronto and New York Red Bulls.

I wouldn't be that bothered if Pig signed to be honest. I will always be thankful for his goal in the final but never rated him that much.

:pig: always looked far better alongside Cassidy than he ever did up top with Corr.

True but on occasions he looked a bit lazy to me and what with Corr leaving we need a team of hard workers IMO. Also looks like Deegan is asking for a bit too much money at the moment judging by Browns comments.

Lazy??

Pigott worked his socks off for us. The work rate of him and Cassidy was one of their strengths.

Striker David Mooney set for medical at Southend United

DAVID Mooney will undergo a medical with Southend United today as he moves closer to signing for the Shrimpers.

More...

Surprised by some of the reaction on here already, before he's even kicked a ball for us (if he signs!). I think he's a decent signing. Orient fans are hating and crying "overrated" because he's deserting a sinking ship and seems to think (rightly) that he can do better next season than staying with them. He'd have been too good for a drop into L2 in my opinion. He scored 10 goals in a relegated team in a season where none of their players realy performed, and scored 20 the season before when they made the playoffs. He's proven at L1 level, he has goals in him and he's definitely an upgrade on Corr. Just the sort of signing we should be making to state our intent on our return to L1.

Now for Wordsworth please!

Surprised by some of the reaction on here already, before he's even kicked a ball for us (if he signs!). I think he's a decent signing. Orient fans are hating and crying "overrated" because he's deserting a sinking ship and seems to think (rightly) that he can do better next season than staying with them. He'd have been too good for a drop into L2 in my opinion. He scored 10 goals in a relegated team in a season where none of their players realy performed, and scored 20 the season before when they made the playoffs. He's proven at L1 level, he has goals in him and he's definitely an upgrade on Corr. Just the sort of signing we should be making to state our intent on our return to L1.

Agree with what you say, but a definite upgrade? Thats a strong statement and time will tell on that.

Any good?

I wandered lonely as a cloud

Also glad to see in Mooney, Wordsworth and maybe Eckersley that we are casting our net out wider rather than Brown reeling off the names of some loanees we've had over the last few seasons and telling us that he wants to re-sign them!

Only time will tell if he is an upgrade on Corr... His finishing certainly seems better but then he is a different type of player, not the targetman type like Barry.

Agree with what you say, but a definite upgrade? Thats a strong statement and time will tell on that.

Not a direct replacement IMO. Mooney doesn't seem like a targetman but more like a poacher.

I'm just off to go and register the domain moonpig.com as a tribute site for hopefully next season's up top pairing.

It is a strong statement and time will tell. However, and obviously I can't say for 100% certain, but I really think Corr would have struggled to make an impact in L1 - L2 is his level IMO. Mooney however is proven at L1 level in the last 2 seasons so I would strongly believe him to be an upgrade.

Any good?

I wandered lonely as a cloud

Haha, witty!

Surprised by some of the reaction on here already, before he's even kicked a ball for us (if he signs!). I think he's a decent signing.

I think people remember the two games against us the other year in the LDV, he was awful in front of goal. If he was an in form striker we wouldn't of got to Wembley all the chances came to him. The year after he hit 19+.

Cant judge him until he plays for us as he might suit our style of football

I think people remember the two games against us the other year in the LDV, he was awful in front of goal. If he was an in form striker we wouldn't of got to Wembley all the chances came to him. The year after he hit 19+.

Cant judge him until he plays for us as he might suit our style of football

I'm hoping he might cause a change to our style. Get the ball into his feet!!!

Back