• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Club in talks to sign Pigott and McLaughlin

I'd have both back happily.. Would be really excited about mac coming back, think he can develop into a really decent championship level player.

The jury's still out abit on the pig, great start to his spell here, then went quite and lost his place in the team, then there was THAT goal! Would be good to see how he can develope with regular football

I'd have both back happily.. Would be really excited about mac coming back, think he can develop into a really decent championship level player.

The jury's still out abit on the pig, great start to his spell here, then went quite and lost his place in the team, then there was THAT goal! Would be good to see how he can develope with regular football

Spot on....add a Phil brown pre season into the mix and piggy would be a threat I reckon

I think those not fancying piggy have short memories...The first part of his loan spell he was electric....half a dozen goals in 7 games I think. And of course that goal. Showed he can score goals given the right service and is young too. I think both would be good signings.....another striker a must though.
With Corr out of the way Piggott will score consistently:smile:

I would be very happy for the pig to return, thought he did well when he arrived he went a bit quiet but still thought he did ok, was impressed with him during the play off semi's when he had to deal with Stevenage bully boy tactics against him.

The key about both players is they're a) young b) available on frees and c) obviously have something about them. If they were the full package we wouldn't be in with a shout of landing them. Our aim should be to bring them in, knock the rough edges off them and hopefully move them on at a profit having benefitted from their ability. That's the only sustainable model we can hope to achieve.

Ah - the voice of reason. Well said - it's partly about development and getting that blend in the team of young (and hungry of course) and experience.

Would be pleased signing both. Piggots technical ability is class and he is still young. He has the potential to play at a higher level.

Think of some of the quality of the goals Pigott scored - Stevenage away, Daggers away and of course Wembley. 90% of forwards we churn through at Southend cannot score goals like that. He clearly has finishing ability, has an excellent touch and is a clever player at a young age. If he's available on a free he's exactly the sort of player we should aim to sign.

FAQ: DTS, are you sure it's a done deal? I noticed that Charlton signing couple of forwards in, that could block the Pig path to first team.

Would be pleased signing both. Piggots technical ability is class and he is still young. He has the potential to play at a higher level.

Really? Cauley Woodrow had technical ability. Piggott just had a run of form. And when he wasn't scoring goals, unlike some other forwards, he didn't do much for the team. Agree with those who would have tried the unknown instead.

I havent seen much of either player ,just the matches agaist Stevenage and Wycombe via a stream, but on what i saw i believe both would be good signings for SUFC,i liked the composure of Piggott and the way he took that goal in the final,was calm ,cool and collected, given more experince i think he will be a valuable asset .

Really? Cauley Woodrow had technical ability. Piggott just had a run of form. And when he wasn't scoring goals, unlike some other forwards, he didn't do much for the team. Agree with those who would have tried the unknown instead.

Yep really. I agree he has things to work on still but he is still young. He has a great touch and is a natural finisher. Some of his goals would of been snatched at by the majority of lower league forwards.

Can some of the posters who have "insider knowledge" answer what the heck is it that is stopping the Deegs and Thommo signatures?
Sign both Mac,Pig and hold pn to Deeg, Thommo: and we are ready for Fleetwood AND looking strong.

Can some of the posters who have "insider knowledge" answer what the heck is it that is stopping the Deegs and Thommo signatures?
Sign both Mac,Pig and hold pn to Deeg, Thommo: and we are ready for Fleetwood AND looking strong.

Still need a couple of more players but I am happy for those to "emerge" from triallists at the pre-season friendlies. :thumbsup:

Charlton player told me its basically a done deal.

Not sure other players are always the best sources of what is going on at their club, but let's hope he's right on this one.

I've no idea why Pigott's gone from being loved by everyone to not being rated. He's a young, talented player. Would be a great signing.

Back