• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deegan still very close to signing and others to follow

Evening Echo

The News
BLUES boss Phil Brown has revealed midfielder Gary Deegan is still very close to signing a new contract with the club.

More...

Seems to be very quiet on the Thomson front; be more upset if he didn't sign than Deegan

You can't help thinking that maybe finances are an issue in signing anyone right now let alone Deegan, not looking great at the moment, jury out

SK is on holiday, I'm pretty sure that's whats holding a lot of these things up.

For those doing down on Deegan. Whilst he wouldn't be a first XI member in a fully fit squad, his contributions to the squad shouldn't be forgotten. This is a guy who got rid of Chelsea's FA youth cup winning captain.

SK is on holiday, I'm pretty sure that's whats holding a lot of these things up.

For those doing down on Deegan. Whilst he wouldn't be a first XI member in a fully fit squad, his contributions to the squad shouldn't be forgotten. This is a guy who got rid of Chelsea's FA youth cup winning captain.

I've liked your comment for the first bit, not the second. He didn't get rid of Chelsea's FA youth cup winning captain, that was the manager! Clifford certainly didn't go because Deegan was better!

I've liked your comment for the first bit, not the second. He didn't get rid of Chelsea's FA youth cup winning captain, that was the manager! Clifford certainly didn't go because Deegan was better!

Deegan is better though. Clifford hasn't even had a contract offer at newly promoted League two Barnet...shows his level.

I wouldn't play down deegans contribution to the squad, not just on the pitch but off it.. We're talking about someone who has played in different leagues, won league titles in Ireland. And also played rather well in champions league qualifying rounds before. Playing different teams, different styles, and in different scenarios, great experience to have in and around the squad. Also we don't have another player who can do his job. If his passing was better or even just more consistent he would be playing higher level I would think.

I think Deegan's role in the squad is more important than some here are giving him credit for. We don't have anyone who can play that destroyer role anything like as well as Deegan can. He'll be a bigger asset in League One, where teams won't sit back and wait for us to attack them, than he was in League Two.

Deegan sort yourself out or sort ya agent out, if you wanna sign then sign, about time a club called the shots over contracts and not the players or there agents, other players are out there and problem cheaper also.

Yawn. It's ridiculous how long this has dragged in. He's hardly bloody Messi.

Completely agree with this. I think this is the 3rd story exactly the same this. Like the other 2 potential signings, if he don't want to sign then move on. The start of the season is getting closer and closer.

Needs to have a serious think about changing agent, this is ridiculous. The club need to say now 'sign by x time and x date or its off the table'

Completely agree with this. I think this is the 3rd story exactly the same this. Like the other 2 potential signings, if he don't want to sign then move on. The start of the season is getting closer and closer.
Did you read the article? It says it's being held up because SK is on holiday and hasn't drafted the paperwork, doesn't say anything about Deegan not wanting to sign it.

Back