• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Haven't felt so angry and frustrated at losing a game for a long long time. Swindon deserved nothing from that game at all. They are probably in the top 3 or 4 teams in this division, and were so bad that they were time wasting for a point. They hardly ventured into our final third, didn't have one single corner, and we cut them apart at the back loads of times.

Payne had a great chance, Hunt had two, one from about 4 yards. Westons header, Piggotts volley. Swindon had the goal and a tame shot from 20 yards on target. That was it.

Even their manager has said they were lucky to get anything. We are just not getting the luck at the moment, but I hope it changes before we are in a losing rut that is difficult to get out of.

Their number 10 ran though massive gaps numerous times, supported by 2 or 3 other players. We defended well but there were huge voids in the middle that Swindon exploited. Our midfield had a mare and just kept opening up in the middle. On another day we could have conceded 4 or 5. Thought Prosser did well alongside Barrett, good distribution. Barrett had a rough time against the 9, Smith, who held and pulled Barrett until he was subbed, but Barrett coped well.

Anyone else seen how lazy Leonard was for there goal? I thought it at the time but didn't have the best of views but now I have seen the highlights that lack of effort is in-excusable IMO. Great player but I think he needs a reality check as he's maybe not as good as he thinks he is. Seems to strut around too much for my liking and does look lazy at times. I no Leonard is highly rated and I get why but it doesn't matter who you are that shocking defending is not good enough.

Anyone else seen how lazy Leonard was for there goal? I thought it at the time but didn't have the best of views but now I have seen the highlights that lack of effort is in-excusable IMO. Great player but I think he needs a reality check as he's maybe not as good as he thinks he is. Seems to strut around too much for my liking and does look lazy at times. I no Leonard is highly rated and I get why but it doesn't matter who you are that shocking defending is not good enough.

No more than Ben (can do no wrong) Coker. Besides where were the rest of the Mid-field and Barrett and Prosser never covered themselves in glory. We love to find a scapegoat on the zone but this is one of the many goals conceded that are either a) a good goal by the opposition or b) the whole team could have defended better.

What an incredibly hard working team we have. There was not a single player on the pitch for us yesterday that did not work hard and give his best. Can you ask for more?
Pre-match nonsense about the 4-3-3 proved rubbish again by the selection and a performance so clearly 4-5-1. If we had gone 4-3-3 we would have had two players up with Hunt that could benefit from his flicks. We might even look scary going forward.

Dan Bentley 7 - Did fine with everything. Nothing that much to do.
John White 7 - Steady Eddie that performs without really exciting but does his job.
Ben Coker 7 - Works well but needs help. The ball is so predictably fed out to him and at least three times yesterday he has had to turn and send the ball back because there is no movement in front of him. The opposition had this outlet well sussed.
Luke Prosser 7 - Never flapped. Coolly did his job and looked comfortable despite knowing he was out of position and if he made a mistake the boo boys would have a field day with him.
Adam Barrett 6.5 - Works hard and no doubt contributes experience to the team but will not be fussed to see him become a sub from now on.
Ryan Leonard 7 - Worked well today. His covering is essential in front of the back four. His throws are still a waste of time and space.
Will Atkinson 6 - Not much goes right for him. Worked hard yesterday, as always, and has a great engine. There is a really good player in there somewhere but I am beggared if I can work out where he plays or contributes best.
Michael Timlin 6 - Has a work ethic and at times a good eye and equally good touch. Can sometimes be a loose canon and his play yesterday would have been red carded if he stayed on the pitch. The side cannot afford to play with ten or miss out on his contribution. Needs to show responsibility for his team.
Jack Payne 6 - What can I say? Worked hard, has skill, but looked like a bluebottle and the Swindon players a fly swat. His effort did not add to contribution and should have been hauled off at half time.
David Worrall 7.5 - Joint MOM - If he had more than Hunt that had any idea what to do with his crosses and passing we would have won easily. Great engine, big heart and skillful.
Noel Hunt 7.5 - Joint MOM - Good experience, good brain, good skill. Worked really well for first thirty minutes but fitness levels won out. Lasted the game and continued to contribute best he could. Looked increasingly frustrated at being up top alone and nobody taking a gamble on his flicks.

Subs;

Myles Weston 6 - Got in a header but apart from that was anonymous.
Anthony Wordsworth 5 - Something amiss with him. Maybe fitness/match sharpness but his performance did not smack of someone relishing his opportunity.
Joe Pigott 6 - Brought on too late. I think he has good potential but its going to remain buried if he is continually restricted to cameo performances.

Well PB, as last season, is so lucky to have a team of players that work their socks off to salvage something from games despite the rubbish spouted from the manager and his ridiculous team selections.
PB did not get us promoted last season, the players did, and that was despite PB's best efforts to ruin it. Those that credit the manager so much are really doing those players a disservice.

Its all about percentages and we do not score enough because a) we play the lone striker and b) The players who are expected to get forward are not strikers and do not have that 'box savvy' to make the best of the numerous situations our side creates. Not their fault. Its not their skill set.

Their number 10 ran though massive gaps numerous times, supported by 2 or 3 other players. We defended well but there were huge voids in the middle that Swindon exploited. Our midfield had a mare and just kept opening up in the middle. On another day we could have conceded 4 or 5. Thought Prosser did well alongside Barrett, good distribution. Barrett had a rough time against the 9, Smith, who held and pulled Barrett until he was subbed, but Barrett coped well.

Check the stats, no corners, 2 shots on target, 1 the goal, and the other in the first half from outside the box. They had 3 or 4 attempts on the break after we were pushing forward looking for the equaliser. Only got in behind us about 3 times in the whole game.

Play like we did yesterday and we will definitely win more games than we don't, it was just one of those days.

Leonard should have picked up their number 10, before he passed to Robert to score the winner.

We played pretty well and the effort was there in very hot conditions. Hunt was stand out for sheer ability. He might be 6 inches shorter the a traditional target man but actually gets up higher!

if we found a quality goalscorer to play alongside him we would win games like yesterday's by 2 or 3 goals.. If only we could find some cash under the floorboards to sign a Reuben Reid to play alongside Hunt

No more than Ben (can do no wrong) Coker. Besides where were the rest of the Mid-field and Barrett and Prosser never covered themselves in glory. We love to find a scapegoat on the zone but this is one of the many goals conceded that are either a) a good goal by the opposition or b) the whole team could have defended better.

People can make excuses as much as they want. Excuses aren't going to fix anything. Sorry but Leonard was lazy and for me a big reason why that goal went in.

We are now 9 without a win,I include Wembley as we never beat them in playing time.

Hunt needs a partner without question IMO ASAP,Mooney or Pig,oh go on try it Phil.

Absolute rubbish, our midfield kept them quiet for the entire first half, why do you think they couldn't get their passing going ? We outfought them and outplayed them for most of the match. If what you claim was true they would have won 4-0, the stats don't lie, they had 2 shots on target, fact.

Gutted,hugely disappointed with the start, like everyone else was hoping for better. Then I realised that as we are running the Club on a shoestring budget, what do we really expect? For me the survival of SUFC is the most important issue here, results are important but not the be all and end all. COYBB.

Absolute rubbish, our midfield kept them quiet for the entire first half, why do you think they couldn't get their passing going ? We outfought them and outplayed them for most of the match. If what you claim was true they would have won 4-0, the stats don't lie, they had 2 shots on target, fact.

No idea what game you were watching but the middle of the park was like the parting of the red sea at times, especially for their goal. First half was more apparent as they were playing towards the South Stand and the middle of the park was just empty at times, the number 10 must have been very happy

Swindon keeper looked very good and confident to me, will go on to play for a bigger club for sure, best keeper I've seen at league one level for a while.

Play like we did yesterday and we will definitely win more games than we don't, it was just one of those days.

Not if we can't score we won't. Play like all you like. If the ball doesn't hit the net it's irrelevant how you play

Swindon keeper looked very good and confident to me, will go on to play for a bigger club for sure, best keeper I've seen at league one level for a while.

Really? Thought he made a couple of decent stops but overall thought he looked really dodgy and was disappointed that we didn't pressurize him a little more.

Back