• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will Daniel Bentley go in this transfer window?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
The transfer window shuts on Tuesday, September 1, at 6pm - a day later than you might expect, as the Monday is a Bank Holiday and the window has to close on a working day.

Will Daniel go in this window or not, and who do you think will bid for him??

Think he will be staying.

Haven't heard any rumours since qpr were knocked back

I still think Ron Martin will still try and push a move through at the right price:unsure: don't the window shut at midnight Tuesday ?

PB would have been on the lookout for a short term replacement by now if he was going anywhere, so no, maybe in the new year.

I still think Ron Martin will still try and push a move through at the right price:unsure: don't the window shut at midnight Tuesday ?

Extract from the Prem league site:

Although the transfer window closes for most European leagues on 31 August, because this day is a bank holiday in the United Kingdom, the deadline has been extended to the next day.
Unlike many past deadline days, the hour when the window closes on 1 September will be 6pm BST. This is to allow clubs who are taking part in the UEFA Champions League to submit their squads before 11pm BST the same day.

As before, clubs can be granted an additional two hours after the window closes if they submit a deal sheet in the two hours before the deadline.

I honestly think that Ron Martin genuinely thinks we are going for promotion this year and he wants to keep hold of his best assets. When you read what every player that has come here has said, they all have the impression that Southend are going places despite what us as fans think. Martin and Brown both said in the middle of last year that we can achieve back to back promotions so I can't see Ron selling Dan. Within his bubble he sees us as non-selling championship club. I think that is the kind of vision Brown iludes to when convincing players to come here too. As I say, regardless of how realistic we see the club.

Bents to stay! 3 year deal on Wednesday :winking:

When you read what every player that has come here has said, they all have the impression that Southend are going places despite what us as fans think.

Pretty much every player who signs for every club says something along them lines. You don't hear a player sign for a club and say this club are not very good etc?

Pretty much every player who signs for every club says something along them lines. You don't hear a player sign for a club and say this club are not very good etc?

I understand what your saying but more specificly high profile players like Hunt saying "the manager sold me the vision of the club" etc. You don't get that at Accrington...
Additionally I'm just stating what people have said. Even Coker was talking about promotion. I'm not for one minute suggesting that's what I think we will achieve but you bet Ron will believe it, viable or not and he will sell that vision to Brown who will in turn outlay that to his players. Will this wash with Bentley, who knows. But we haven't seen a transfer request yet and Ron hasn't sold him so maybe Dan believes in the 'vision' too.

Doesn't look like it. But we need him to sign a new deal now or we look a bit silly this time next year

Wonder whether the Coventry directors box will be populated by managers and scouts tonight doing a final check on DB before the deadline expires at 6pm tomorrow. An ideal opportunity to have one more peep. Probably a bit late in the day to be doing so unless a prospective bidder has just been knocked back on another keeper.

Still think someone will try their luck with a cheeky low bid or two just to see if we can resist the money on offer, we don't want a keeper here who doesn't want to play and give 100% and we can't stop him from a good move if it comes about, he could just get the hump and see out the final year of his contract and we won't get anything near we want for him, just hope when it happens it's good for both sides, 1.5 million up front and he must go, think he wants a London club move also:smile:

Wonder whether the Coventry directors box will be populated by managers and scouts tonight doing a final check on DB before the deadline expires at 6pm tomorrow. An ideal opportunity to have one more peep. Probably a bit late in the day to be doing so unless a prospective bidder has just been knocked back on another keeper.

A good observation. Lets hope he has a real stinker tonight letting in shed loads of goals so he can stay then?:winking:

No idea if he will go or not but I heard his dad saying at the Swindon match that he wants a move, so I wouldnt have thought that whether he wants to stay or not was a secret? If a higher club will actually come in for him now QPR have signed a keeper is another matter.

I actually think that he knows he is good enough to attract bids from higher clubs, either now, in January window or next season. I also think his own pride will not allow him to just see out his time with us before a move. So, if I'm right we don't have problems on the playing front. Our big issue (good title for a magazine?) is over a possible transfer fee. It's been said before, but maybe a new much improved contract is the answer with an escape clause for a minimum fee of £xx.

I actually think that he knows he is good enough to attract bids from higher clubs, either now, in January window or next season. I also think his own pride will not allow him to just see out his time with us before a move. So, if I'm right we don't have problems on the playing front. Our big issue (good title for a magazine?) is over a possible transfer fee. It's been said before, but maybe a new much improved contract is the answer with an escape clause for a minimum fee of £xx.

Or maybe if he runs his contract down and he is available on a free more clubs will be interested.

Or maybe if he runs his contract down and he is available on a free more clubs will be interested.

Tricky call, I agree, but if we make the offer good enough then he would be a bit of a numpty to turn it down, in the certain knowledge that we would let him go later.

Back