• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BenA

Just wondering, what teams do we go to/what teams do we recommend to got to-especially in lower on non-leagues - when Southend aren't on (or in mid-week)?

Thinking of going with a mate to one this week but not really sure what team is the best....

The usual suspects locally are Concord Rangers, Canvey Town or Great Wakering Rovers. A bit further afield are Chelmsford City and Braintree Town. Bowers have also featured this season. There are smattering of ex Blues players amongst them and Chelmsford have some of ours on loan. It depends on what you fancy really and how easy it is for you to get there. All are good value in their own way.

The usual suspects locally are Concord Rangers, Canvey Town or Great Wakering Rovers. A bit further afield are Chelmsford City and Braintree Town. Bowers have also featured this season. There are smattering of ex Blues players amongst them and Chelmsford have some of ours on loan. It depends on what you fancy really and how easy it is for you to get there. All are good value in their own way.

Cheers, was thinking of going Bowers but good to see some other options. Might consider GWR as well....

I often go to Billericay Town as my father-in-law is a lifelong fan and goes most weeks. Have also been to watch Southend Manor and White Ensign this season, and I'm hoping to get to a Chelmsford City game before the end of the season.

I used to watch Southend RFC quite a bit when in the area. Might be an option worth bearing in mind if you're interested in egg-chasing, even if the club aren't having the best of years.

I often go to Billericay Town as my father-in-law is a lifelong fan and goes most weeks. Have also been to watch Southend Manor and White Ensign this season, and I'm hoping to get to a Chelmsford City game before the end of the season.

I've been manor, as I live quite close.

I think I've seen a derby match (I think) on a youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/aysAwayd) between Billericay and Brentwood, was good atmosphere.

Cheers for the suggestions :)

I used to watch Southend RFC quite a bit when in the area. Might be an option worth bearing in mind if you're interested in egg-chasing, even if the club aren't having the best of years.

Rugby is ok but I don't think I'd ever choose it over football, good suggestion tho, might go when I have nothing else to do...

I played against those two so many times in my youth, but strangely never thought to mention them for watching. Same with Stambridge, Rayleigh Town and Hullbridge Sports.

Rugby is ok but I don't think I'd ever choose it over football, good suggestion tho, might go when I have nothing else to do...

No it's not, played by blokes with odd shaped balls. Don't do it!

You been there? If so, how far or easy is it to get there? Cheers.
Easy from where I live. 2 stops from Streatham so from the other direction I think it's a train from London Bridge. 5 mins walk from East Dulwich station.

Here you go:

Dulwich Hamlet 4-0 Harrow Borough. Nice ground, good atmosphere, more women than I have ever seen at any ground, more families, bigger ethnic mix, more.....beer! Pints under £4 and you can bring your own and drink on the terraces. First time of hearing a football crowd sing Dead Kennedys songs. 2,000 crowd is 5 times what you'd expect at that level due to the inclusive nature of their PR. Only 25 mins on a train from where I live. And saw ex Southender Damien Scannel score with a lovely chip over the oncoming keeper.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/news/dulwich-hamlet-4-0-harrow-borough-1560288.html

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/dulwich-hamlet-non-league-football-109?utm_source=vicetwitteruk

Agree but I have been along to a few games and the standard of play and fitness has been poor, I know it is amateur/some semi pro but it wasn't very good.
I sometimes watch a Sunday League game, any game over Priory Park and believe me that is better spectating..............sometimes.

Bowers absolutely. Friendly and accommodating club. Massive game against FC Romania on Thursday!

Depends on how far out you're willing to go.

I have been to Brentwood, Great Wakering Rovers, Chelmsford, Briantree and East Thurrock United over the past few seasons and enjoyed them all. My personal favourite is probably Great Wakering Rovers in terms of the standard of football on offer, and their truly excellent chips. Probably worth the trip for the chips alone, actually.

East Thurrock isn't a bad little club to watch. Had a barnstorming season this year as well by their standards.

If you're looking to see Jack and Jason, City have only two more home games - 16th v Gosport / 30th v Basingstoke.
additionally 16th is designated as "Ladies Day" ...

http://www.chelmsfordcityfc.com/news/ladies-day-at-chelmsford-city-fc-1590212.html

Good London grounds are Wingate and Finchley, Dartford, VCD and Wealdstone. All worth a tues or weds night but involve travel.

Back