• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He was asked about the future so not quite the 'all about him' that some have claimed.

What a prize ****. Quite simply, he is revelling in the drama of all this. Boosts his ego and gives him more media attention. Since his initial appointment it was always going to go this way if he had any success with us. He's not practising what he preaches as far as the players are concerned and this has to be resolved now with his departure, one way or another. I still think that with the right appointment we could have a good crack at the play offs next year. If an uncommitted Brown is still here, we will go down.

Brown does a radio interview after a drubbing at top placed Wigan and all and sundry are searching for the meaning of his words.
I gave up trying to understand most things he says. Constant talk of changes and little happens. The team are probably the same, finding it difficult to understand his tactics.
Looking forward to another close season, where a couple of our best will move on and no one coming in until the season starts.
Brown is not the star manager we yearn for but he is not the worst either, and you can say the same about most of the team.
Brown could hardly say everything is sunshine and roses because we all know that having watched the season disintegrate.
The faith we had early season in Hunt, Mooney, Leonard, Coker, Barratt and defensive strength has withered away.
Barnett was brought in to add goals but our set up rarely gives a striker any chance of regular goals.
As to Browns future, that will be in the agents hands and most likely, player power.

We have two good defenders out on loan even though we are leaking goals, (one of them has 'shed claret'for the cause, to quote PB) because of a rift with Brown. We had a striker leave for a lower division club because of the tactics played, others frozen out for periods of time because they dared to speak up, 1st team choices left on the bench whilst others played out of position in their place instead, loan players who don't get played and some really weird tactics, formations and substitutions.

No wonder the players will not perform for Brown!

We have two good defenders out on loan even though we are leaking goals, (one of them has 'shed claret'for the cause, to quote PB) because of a rift with Brown. We had a striker leave for a lower division club because of the tactics played, others frozen out for periods of time because they dared to speak up, 1st team choices left on the bench whilst others played out of position in their place instead, loan players who don't get played and some really weird tactics, formations and substitutions.

It's an utter mess !

Far too many "bad days at the office" for my liking,none if us can expect 46 fantastic performances,but being fair around 70% of games we should be giving a decent account of ourselves,where we can all say "yeah that was decent" win lose or draw!

Actually both of them have. Our central defence is not good enough, there is no dominant header of the ball in there and repeatedly Thompson and Barrett seem to go for the same ball so there's no communication.

This situation with PB needs to resolved very soon. I am not sure how it will be resolved.What does everyone else think will be the final outcome????

This situation with PB needs to resolved very soon. I am not sure how it will be resolved.What does everyone else think will be the final outcome????

Outcome? PB will go soon, with Horton too.
AB and Cocko will take over temporarily while Ron lines up a permanent (well 2 season!) replacement.
Chris Powell may be fancied by many here but his appointment is unlikely; Teddy Sherringham is local and may figure as a surprise "young gun"; Justin will also be on a "wish list" for obvious reasons.
What does Ron want? I suggest a steady, experienced bloke who knows the Leagues and can convince players to sign.

Truthfully Rob, I'm at the stage when I'm not sure I care. That said, I think Brown will stay but I don't see how he will re-energise the squad if he does. The finish to the season and the ongoing Bolton bollocks will have left some scars on the squad.

I think he'll go to Bolton in the next month or so.

Though I've supported him throughout his tenure, I'm getting the feeling he is losing the dressing room a little and key players don't seem to be performing.

It's more than just an end of season thing now.

Bolger departing and Prosser before seem to have caused internal issues amongst other players.

We've won 3 games since the 6th February.

2 of those on TV.

For once, I'm starting to feel a disharmony in the squad, which is not a good thing.

Outcome? PB will go soon, with Horton too.
AB and Cocko will take over temporarily while Ron lines up a permanent (well 2 season!) replacement.
Chris Powell may be fancied by many here but his appointment is unlikely; Teddy Sherringham is local and may figure as a surprise "young gun"; Justin will also be on a "wish list" for obvious reasons.
What does Ron want? I suggest a steady, experienced bloke who knows the Leagues and can convince players to sign.

Teddy Sherringham's name is a surprise. He first managerial experience at Stevenage did not go well at all.

I think Martin Allen might be a good choice if Justin Edinburgh was not tempted to return to Roots Hall

By the way, on the question of a possible successor to Phil Brown, Danny Crowley should also be considered. He has done a fantastic job to take Braintree to the verge of the play-offs on a very small budget, and must be one of the most promising young managers in the non-league scene.

I agree. PB has definitely by his behaviour and statements alienated a large section of supporters and also a number of players. I am at a stage where I am losing interest in it all and cannot see him being able to rejuvenate the team next season.
Hope he goes and soon which appears what he wants so a new manager and plans for next season be made.

Can anyone actually translate what was said on the radio as i am at work and it wont play for some reason.

Thanks

By the way, on the question of a possible successor to Phil Brown, Danny Crowley should also be considered. He has done a fantastic job to take Braintree to the verge of the play-offs on a very small budget, and must be one of the most promising young managers in the non-league scene.

Problem for me with this type of manager is he isnt going to have the contacts that you need or know the players at this level to the degree he needs to so I would be worried about his. Had we been league 2 I might have felt different.

Also I think you will find he is a full time teacher so is he really going to give up that job for a management role? Possibly I dont know.

Problem for me with this type of manager is he isnt going to have the contacts that you need or know the players at this level to the degree he needs to so I would be worried about his. Had we been league 2 I might have felt different.

Also I think you will find he is a full time teacher so is he really going to give up that job for a management role? Possibly I dont know.

Doesnt seem to have stopped eddie howe from going practically from the basement to the top. Of course having major backing does help , but tactics and team motivation are in you or they are not.

Posh have always had Barry fry as director of football for such things and let the manager get on wth just managing the club.

I haven't read all this thread completely but surely this all boils down to a commercial contractual issue where Ron has no intention of blinking first and giving up the not inconsiderable compensation. Why give PB a 3 year contract and then waive the financial benefits to the club built in - God knows we (he) need the money !

I realize why and sympathize when fans get upset at the way PB has conducted this, but for all his many faults, Ron is quite right on this occasion in my view. The fact that a section of fans get hot under the collar because PB has 'betrayed' them and the club counts for little as compared to the cold hard cash the club (Ron) gets if he plays his cards right.

I haven't read all this thread completely but surely this all boils down to a commercial contractual issue where Ron has no intention of blinking first and giving up the not inconsiderable compensation. Why give PB a 3 year contract and then waive the financial benefits to the club built in - God knows we (he) need the money !

I realize why and sympathize when fans get upset at the way PB has conducted this, but for all his many faults, Ron is quite right on this occasion in my view. The fact that a section of fans get hot under the collar because PB has 'betrayed' them and the club counts for little as compared to the cold hard cash the club (Ron) gets if he plays his cards right.

Great so Ron forces PB to stay and he just runs the club into the ground in order to get the sack and move away free from any contractual obligations.

If he doesnt want to be here then just let him go. Or tell Bolton they will have to stump up say 50-100k compensation.

Then get Chris powell in and let us build a tight nit squad for next season.

This situation has reached 'Breaking Point'. PB clearly wants to leave and this has over the last few months effected moral and team performances without doubt. We are in terrible form and the players are not playing for him anymore.

PB position is 'untenable' and needs to be let go.

I think Danny Crowley is a very quick learner, knows how to operate on a tight budget, and has sound judgement. Of course, I would agree with DTS that he would not have the sort of contacts that a more experienced League manager typically has.

But I think we have all seen people in the game who have fantastic contacts and know soccer inside out, but do not make successful managers because they somehow lack the sort of qualities that Crowley has already demonstrated.

Back