• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Fair play. That's an interesting one.

Excellent. Was going to do Chelmsford, but will be going to this one instead. I assume poor old Chelmsford will now be facing our U21s.

Yes - well done S.U.F.C.

Just the caveat about quite who will be on the pitch but it looks to be one to interest the fans.

Kavanagh has already said the west ham game cancellation was playing it safe. The pitch is due to be ready about then, but they couldn't risk it. So another three days may make all the difference.

Saw Rafa Benitez in charge of Real Madrid in October. 9 months later he'll be at Roots Hall! What a come down he's had this year.

£10 and £5 concessions for season ticket holders is a decent price so fair play to the club on this one, even if they put out a very weak team it'll be good to see someone different for a change.

We've had Nile Ranger for one day and we already get marquee friendlies. What a signing.

Would probably tried to avoid the West Ham game as not a fan of pre-season games and that fixture in particular but Newcastle has far more appeal to me and will certainly not be missing it.

Wow, that's different for recent times. Don't normally do friendlies but think I might for this.

I love the fact that we're more excited about Championship Newcastle coming down for a friendly that we are for the Hamsters.

Nothing to do with it being only a West Ham XI either; Newcastle are a real big club :net:

Yes I have been very critical of late but credit where credit is due on this one - makes a change to play a team like Newcastle

Its ok Scott, you can go back to your default position as it appears the club deserves doesn't derserve as much credit for this as people assumed. Having said that it would be interesting to know why we were on their short list

“We were sent a circular by Newcastle asking for a friendly and we jumped all over it straight away,” said Brown, who grew up supporting Sunderland.
“I think we were one of a handful of clubs they contacted and we’re really pleased to have got it sorted.

Its ok Scott, you can go back to your default position as it appears the club deserves doesn't derserve as much credit for this as people assumed. Having said that it would be interesting to know why we were on their short list

“We were sent a circular by Newcastle asking for a friendly and we jumped all over it straight away,” said Brown, who grew up supporting Sunderland.
“I think we were one of a handful of clubs they contacted and we’re really pleased to have got it sorted.

Given it is sandwiched between two games on the continent, proximity to a 'London' airport was probably one of the factors.

Back