• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It is worrying that;
a) he would stoop to want to make a bad news story.
b) he, and his team, thought they would get unchallenged coverage when they faked it.

If that is an example of his thinking then heaven help the Labour Party and the British public if he becomes the re-appointed, official leader of the opposition.

I don't understand the hate or dislike to JC. I went to a JC BAME rally this week and I can't see how anyone can disagree with his policies or what he stands for? Are people scared what equality would like? What opportunities for all no mater wealth or race would look like?

How can can anyone disagree with a man that stands up against the wrongs in life. Racisism, hate, discrimination and tax avoidance

Interesting that the poster who has just been forced to admit that he/she is a liar cannot understand why people dislike Corbyn. People don't like dishonesty masquerading as a 'social experiment'.

'There were bags' is my new favourite excuse.

Sorry i didn't come to work today, there were bags.

sorry i couldn't come up with a more witty bit here, there were bags.

now, i may be a cynical moderate, Blair-ite evil Tory-lite and etc, but that sounds to me like a lie.

I'm sorry there is no honest, straight-talking politics that you were promised, but there were bags

pathetic. This election isn't just about the leader, it's about do we hold the people of this country in contempt and do we think they are stupid? do we think their opinions of Corbyn are stupid? do we think they are honestly stupid enough to be hoodwinked into thinking Corbyn is up to the job of leading this country?

he'd need to deal with Putin and Isis, he can't even negotiate with a commuter on the 11:40 to Newcastle! :hilarious:

I don't understand the hate or dislike to JC. I went to a JC BAME rally this week and I can't see how anyone can disagree with his policies or what he stands for? Are people scared what equality would like? What opportunities for all no mater wealth or race would look like?

How can can anyone disagree with a man that stands up against the wrongs in life. Racisism, hate, discrimination and tax avoidance

Consistent PB dream! JC makes up a story on his arse and train and you make up a transfer (non) story. The issue isn't anything more than honesty, truth, reality...........................

What an arse. He lies and his staff lie. He gets caught with is pants round his ankles and it's all the fault of the mainstream media and big business out to get him :hilarious:

It will be interesting to note how TUIB and *** spin this little web of deceit.

What an arse. He lies and his staff lie. He gets caught with is pants round his ankles and it's all the fault of the mainstream media and big business out to get him :hilarious:

It will be interesting to note how TUIB and *** spin this little web of deceit.

Traingate? I spend a bit too long on Twitter and not much on Shrimperzone at the moment and you can really get bogged down in some very tedious detail if you like.

Strangely Richard Branson tweeted a photo of Corbyn walking through a carriage where you could clearly see that there reserved tickets sticking out of the headrests. Image if Jez had nicked someone's reserved seat!
Anyway numerous people have since posted photos of themselves sitting on the floor in the same part of the train and backed up what he said. You can read more below if you really want to.
Seems to be - politician on very busy train - politician exaggerated how busy train was says owner of train company - no he didn't exaggerate say various people on the same train.

Meanwhile the Tories are dismantling the Human Rights Act.

http://www.beyondtheheadlines.co.uk/2016/08/23/the-london-to-newcastle-virgin-train-was-ram-packed/

https://skwalker1964.wordpress.com

'There were bags' is my new favourite excuse.

Sorry i didn't come to work today, there were bags.

sorry i couldn't come up with a more witty bit here, there were bags.

now, i may be a cynical moderate, Blair-ite evil Tory-lite and etc, but that sounds to me like a lie.

I'm sorry there is no honest, straight-talking politics that you were promised, but there were bags

pathetic. This election isn't just about the leader, it's about do we hold the people of this country in contempt and do we think they are stupid? do we think their opinions of Corbyn are stupid? do we think they are honestly stupid enough to be hoodwinked into thinking Corbyn is up to the job of leading this country?

he'd need to deal with Putin and Isis, he can't even negotiate with a commuter on the 11:40 to Newcastle! :hilarious:
'Sorry I didn't come to work today...' - but he did go to work. He went to a debate with Owen Smith - I've seen the debate from start to finish - I can assure you he did go to work.

�� �� as I suspected. Cherry pick quotes and pieces to fit. Seats weren't reserved. There were seats available when he boarded the train. Once filming was over he and his enterage miraculously found those un reserved seats. Funniest moment of the whole sorry saga was one of his defendants who was apparently there going on and on about bags on seats, small people and children sitting alone in seats but when confronted with evidence to the contrary couldn't adequately explain it. The whole party is in a mess.

�� �� as I suspected. Cherry pick quotes and pieces to fit. Seats weren't reserved. There were seats available when he boarded the train. Once filming was over he and his enterage miraculously found those un reserved seats. Funniest moment of the whole sorry saga was one of his defendants who was apparently there going on and on about bags on seats, small people and children sitting alone in seats but when confronted with evidence to the contrary couldn't adequately explain it. The whole party is in a mess.
They didn't find seats the train crew found them seats, along with the other people sitting in the corridor, after upgrading some other passengers in order to make room.

Corbyn wants to nationalise the railways as each franchise comes up for renewal and took a photo opportunity. The owner of the most complained about train company in the country wanted to defend his franchise. The fact they both want to put a different spin on that is not unexpected. The level of analysis of the details on seat availability on this particular train is quite surprising though.

If you want further reading and watching this popped up on Twitter - JC says there were no two empty seats together and he needed to sit with his wife to go through some paperwork.

Riveting stuff.

http://news.sky.com/story/angry-corbyn-clashes-with-sky-news-reporter-over-train-row-10549755

Oh, and the time stamped CCTV video footage proves his story is complete cobblers. Just want to put that out there to lol

Does it? All I can see is Corbyn walking through a carriage that's full of seats with reservation tickets. Then later it shows Corbyn sitting down in an empty seat.

I frequently get the train from Manchester/Sheffield/London/Leeds/Birmingham, and I've lost count of the number of times I've not been able to get a seat when I've not had a seat reservation. There have been times where I have had a seat reservation and still not been able to get a seat (because when it's really really busy the seat system conveniently 'breaks'). To be fair to Virgin they are pretty good about announcing if there are empty seats and where they are. Trains can go from 'ram-packed' to empty when they pass through a major station.

Not quite sure why Corbyn is coming in for so much **** about this, he's had a filmmaker following him around for months and the photo was a bit of opportunism to make a point, but his point about the trains are valid - they're overpriced and you get terrible service.

I'm not even that big of a fan of Corbyn, just to declare my interest.

They didn't find seats the train crew found them seats, along with the other people sitting in the corridor, after upgrading some other passengers in order to make room.

Corbyn wants to nationalise the railways as each franchise comes up for renewal and took a photo opportunity. The owner of the most complained about train company in the country wanted to defend his franchise. The fact they both want to put a different spin on that is not unexpected. The level of analysis of the details on seat availability on this particular train is quite surprising though.

If you want further reading and watching this popped up on Twitter - JC says there were no two empty seats together and he needed to sit with his wife to go through some paperwork.

Riveting stuff.

http://news.sky.com/story/angry-corbyn-clashes-with-sky-news-reporter-over-train-row-10549755

Funny how he didn't need to sit next her while he was being photographed sitting on the floor. Just an observation.

Team Corbyn have shot themselves in the foot with the train episode. The problem is that he is trying to do politician photo opportunity stuff which doesn't sit comfortably with him and he's not very good at. He is going to continue getting flak now over it, but it doesn't change the fact that a lot of the train companies in this country are getting huge amounts of money for very poor service, Southern trains being a good example. And don't get me started on Abelio Greater Anglia getting a renewal of their contract. Back to Corbyn, other politicians would try the same stunt and get away with it. Poor old Jeremy is always going to get slaughtered in the press and on here by some, purely because he is Jeremy.

Team Corbyn have shot themselves in the foot with the train episode. The problem is that he is trying to do politician photo opportunity stuff which doesn't sit comfortably with him and he's not very good at. He is going to continue getting flak now over it, but it doesn't change the fact that a lot of the train companies in this country are getting huge amounts of money for very poor service, Southern trains being a good example. And don't get me started on Abelio Greater Anglia getting a renewal of their contract. Back to Corbyn, other politicians would try the same stunt and get away with it. Poor old Jeremy is always going to get slaughtered in the press and on here by some, purely because he is Jeremy.

I disagree that Corbyn gets flack just because of who he is. Stunts aren't his thing as you say, now Boris who is a idiot gets away with it. Corbyn isn't a idiot which is why he gets found out when his team try to get him to act like one. Photo oppotunities just ain't his thing I'm afraid.

Back