• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues keen on signing Charlton striker Ajose

Would be a great signing... Torn us apart a couple of times. Charlton isn't a nice place to be around this season and 7 in 28 in that kind of atmosphere isn't bad...

Good player, the Ajose.

Swindon fans didn't really want to let him go*

*I've made that bit up, but it could be true.

If this is on a perm, is it a sign of the Bentley money filtering through?

Or is it "one in, one out" hence the groundsman paying the price?

I have a feeling that the Charlton fans were really slagging him off after their game here on NYE, wasn't he subbed off early?

He was and I did think he was a bit anonymous that day, but we would play far more to his strengths, I think.

He was prolific at Swindon last year but hasn't been great elsewhere. Was pretty underwhelming in his spell at Peterborough certainly. I can't see this being a permanent deal considering the amount they spent on him in the Summer but a loan until the end of the season with him coming in to compete with Cox and Fortune for a start could suit all parties.

According to t'internet Charlton paid Swindon somewhere between £600k-£800k for him? I doubt we will pay anywhere near that if it is a permanent deal?

Don't know much about him, but looks a similar style of player to Cox, which begs the question on how he'd fit into the team in consideration that Cox would be one of the first names on the teamsheet...

According to t'internet Charlton paid Swindon somewhere between £600k-£800k for him? I doubt we will pay anywhere near that if it is a permanent deal?

Don't know much about him, but looks a similar style of player to Cox, which begs the question on how he'd fit into the team in consideration that Cox would be one of the first names on the teamsheet...

Maybe the club wants to blow the Bentley money regardless?

He could play wide of Fortune and Cox, in a sort of Macca role.

You can still score goals from a wide position, as Macca has proved.

You can still score goals from a wide position.

Alot is said that most of his goals are tap ins a 'fox in the box' type player. Not the sort you want to stick on the wing.[video=youtube;l88qojbpPgw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l88qojbpPgw[/video]

Fair point 'Jim', but for the moment, just can't see him starting ahead of Fortune and Cox, so having a goal threat from wide, drifting into the box, would be better than having him on the bench, I think.

From that video, you're right, there's a fair few poachers goals in there, but also a number where he breaks quickly and finishes well on the run.

He's only similar to Cox in that they're both the guy who plays off of the Targetman. Cox is much bigger, stronger and more clever (and frankly Cox is just a better footballer). Ajose has decent technique on the ball. He's quick and direct with a good finish on him. You could play them both together with Cox dropping off but I'd imagine that Phil Brown would rather have Fortune/Ranger/Smith + one just because of the way he tends to play.

Back