• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sadly, there is no loyalty at all in the Premiership, but after their results this season so far in the league neither is this a surprise.

The players have to take the blame, here.

Turning it on in the Champions League and beating Man City 4-2, yet losing constantly with p*** poor performances.

Hope he gets a huge pay-off and a job where a decent Chairman and loyal players might give him half a chance.

Really likeable and humble guy. Deserves so much better.

Utter disgrace!

To coin a phrase 'Tin Pot Leicester are going DOWN'

Their players and board should hang their heads in shame - outrageous way to treat their guy :sad:

Last edited:
Correct call. They looked hopeless and they were going down.

It's a results business and no one is bigger then a club.

Such a shame for him, one of the very few likeable managers at the top level.

Correct call. They looked hopeless and they were going down.

It's a results business and no one is bigger then a club.

Indeed it is.

Winning the Premier League and being in an advantageous position going into the 2nd leg of a Champions League last 16 tie, whilst spending a minimal amount of money in comparison to other clubs.

Pretty good results, if it was my business.

Indeed it is.

Winning the Premier League and being in an advantageous position going into the 2nd leg of a Champions League last 16 tie, whilst spending a minimal amount of money in comparison to other clubs.

Pretty good results, if it was my business.

I think you're playing up the underdog angle a bit too much there. Leicester spent £69 million on transfers this year (admittedly £30 million of that was financed by the Kante sale), it's not a lot compared to the champions league clubs but it's a lot more than most premier league managers have spent, not to mention the wages players like Vardy are on are much higher than most teams could afford. Yes winning the league was a miracle but that was last year, this year given the amount of money they've spent it's a disaster that Leicester are in a relegation battle, and I imagine they will have serious financial difficulties if they went down with the wage budget they have.

I couldnt give a toss about Leicester, i hope we do get to play them in the Championship next season,at least the club i care about would have had a great season should that come true,as for there manager ,he went the way of many other managers and what most were calling for at the beginning of the season for our manager, but i have no doubt he wont be out of a job for very long.

I think you're playing up the underdog angle a bit too much there. Leicester spent £69 million on transfers this year (admittedly £30 million of that was financed by the Kante sale), it's not a lot compared to the champions league clubs but it's a lot more than most premier league managers have spent, not to mention the wages players like Vardy are on are much higher than most teams could afford. Yes winning the league was a miracle but that was last year, this year given the amount of money they've spent it's a disaster that Leicester are in a relegation battle, and I imagine they will have serious financial difficulties if they went down with the wage budget they have.

I was thinking more of last year, when they spent around £20 million assembling a squad which won the Premier League.

I doubt any of the money spent at the start of this season, wasn't already in the club's coffers or was out of a planned budget for getting into the Champions League, so money that Ranieri's management has effectively won for them with the help of the same players who have let him down this season.

I was thinking more of last year, when they spent around £20 million assembling a squad which won the Premier League.

I doubt any of the money spent at the start of this season, wasn't already in the club's coffers or was out of a planned budget for getting into the Champions League, so money that Ranieri's management has effectively won for them with the help of the same players who have let him down this season.

indeed, and considering Ranieri only spent a net sum of £39m (Only !?!) it's not a great deal in terms of the PL. Take Manure for example, they spent more than double that on one player, and currently sit outside of the top 4. There is a fine line between success and failure.

The whole point this emphasises is the hideous amount of money slushing around in the Premiersh!te, and these parasitic foreign owners are ruining the game. I still reckon Ranieri would have 'done a PB' turned it around.

It's not the same squad though, Kante is gone. Whilst most of the focus was on Vardy and Mahrez he was really the driving force of the team, there's a reason Chelsea paid £30m for him, he's arguably the best defensive midfielder in the world. Huth and Morgan are OK but they're 32 and 33 respectively which makes them very slow, that was alright when Kante (who has apparently made more tackles in 2 years than any other premier league player has made in 3) was in the squad because he could track back and cover them if they were being outpaced but with him gone they've lost that protection and as a result are horribly susceptible to being outpaced.

They've tried to replace Kante with Mendy and Ndidi but it's not really worked (which isn't to say they are bad players, they're just not the engine Kante was). Leicester fans have been calling for either Huth or Morgan to be dropped for one of the other centre backs for months but Ranieri hasn't done it, presumably he isn't confident in the back ups but he had the money to buy a new centre back if that was the case.

Some senior players told the club owners they were unhappy with Ranieri after the Sevilla game.

Back