• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I wasn't going to offer opinion on individual players, but I've decided to do so in Aton Ferdinand's case. I though he gave a masterclass of defending today and the highlight for me was that pocket he had in his shorts into which Vaughan fitted very nicely. Hope to see you back fit and raring to go next season Anton.

Loving the very unexpected positivity from everyone. Disappointing not to get into top 6 but 7th is still the mark of a good season.

Well done PB and co

Great season IMO and the noise when the Millwall game went to 3-3 was amazing.
Wont score players on today's game , but thought Fortune was immense.

Indeed ! That moment during today's game will stick with me for a long time, around the 74th minute when the word was going around that Brizzle had equalized against M'wall, it was euphoric! Incredible!

I reckon we've made huge steps forward this season, we have a decent crop of players, 4-5 decent signings away from top 2 next year.

I wasn't going to offer opinion on individual players, but I've decided to do so in Aton Ferdinand's case. I though he gave a masterclass of defending today and the highlight for me was that pocket he had in his shorts into which Vaughan fitted very nicely. Hope to see you back fit and raring to go next season Anton.

Please could you kindly stop making statements I agree with.
Enough is enough. Thank you.

That's enough looking back... lets start the threads about who's going and who to sign :smile:

Did what we had to today, but the start and end months of the season have cost us. But 4th season under Brown and 4th season of improvement so we must focus on the positives. Rebuilding job required in the summer as the league will be equally as tough next season. Think quality and depth in the squad key, as not sure we had sufficient this season. Hope the big players stay and we go again in August! Well done to PB and the boys

A real roller coaster of a season which, in retrospect, has been thoroughly enjoyable. Well done PB and the lads.

We need to hit the ground running next season. With Wigan and either Blackburn, Birmingham or Forest coming down to League One we will have our work cut out but I'm confident that we can secure automatic promotion next year provided we keep our team together and add a couple of shrewd buys in the summer. Come on Lads!!!

Desperate disappointment,have needed a few beers.Memorable afternoon,so I'll try and be positve(ignore Timlins passing) and praise McLaughlins return to form and the phenomenal Fortune'! IF ONLY Brown had played him against a crap Charlton.....

nd praise McLaughlins return to form and the phenomenal Fortune'! IF ONLY Brown had played him against a crap Charlton.....

..... and not taken him off after 30 minutes at Bristol when he was clearly the main threat.

Excellent today, well done to all. However I think it did highlight why we didn't make the pay offs i.e. lots of possession, lots work rate, very little result. Not scoring when in dominant situations (or closing a game out) has cost us dearly. :'(

Had a few hours to reflect.

Taking the game in isolation, it was a pretty dreadful match.

After we went 1-0 up, I don't think either side knew whether to stick or twist. There were nerves, sure, which can account for errors, but sometimes even the basics were sadly lacking.

Often I hear people say the oppo weren't up to much and I don't tend to agree, but I really don't know what Bury were trying to do. I lost count of the times their own players were arguing with each other. Where someone would be telling someone else where they should be. They played with three centre-halves and even at 1-0 down, the two wing-backs barely got out of their half. James Vaughan was a threat and Danny Mayor, bizarrely only a sub, added a bit of quality to their play, but overall they were pretty dire.

I felt we worked really hard and there was no "bottle" on show, today. We look an edgy lot, though. Players not prepared to commit right forward. We had numerous opportunities to run into the penalty area with the ball, but stopped to play a pass or got tugged back and went down, instead of muscling on through.

In the end, the match was almost surreal and the final 10 minutes was just plain eerie. I've never been to a match where pretty much the entire crowd were checking their phones, with half an eye on the actual action.

Ultimately, Millwall pipped us. But, on reflection, we weren't quite good enough, anyway. However, we really have a solid base now to push on.

Walton 6.5 - It's an old cliché to say the keeper didn't have a save to make, but he actually didn't. Bury had 2 shots on goal and both were off target. I've marked down slightly, as his kicking was a little off, today.

Demetriou 6.5 - A nervy performance. I do wish he would run and take on the last man down the outside, more, when attacking the wing-back.

Ferdinand 7 - Sloppy start, but in complete command after that.

Thompson 6.5 - An OK game. Kept a cool head when needed.

Timlin 6.5 - No issues with Tims, apart from slicing a number of balls out of play.

Leonard 6.5 - Can't recall Lenny doing much wrong, but wasn't overly influential, either.

Atkinson 6.5 - Another one who carries the ball so far and then seems to need oxygen, approaching the penalty area.

McLaughlin 7 - Yep, much improved. Had an excellent first half and that vital goal was just what we needed.

O'Neill 5 - I've tried to make excuses. Rustiness and so on, but what a bizarre selection for this match. Thought he had a poor game.

Cox 6.5 - Fantastically aware, as always, but his shooting was woeful. How he scuffed that first half chance, I have no idea.

Fortune 7.5 MOM - The best of the lot. Dangerous, quick, clever, willing and unlucky not to score. Top performance.

SUBS :

Amos 6.5 - Not on long enough.

Robinson 6.5 - Same, but did have a little more influence on the game.

I guess we go again, but that was a numb feeling leaving the ground, today. Just weird.

Last edited:
There I was trying to fill the top 5 in the thread box....d'oh ( x 5), funny old game....South Lower today....ground atmosphere buzzing...esp the v.noisy young bloke with a beeny next to me....good on him, with knowledge and passion :thumbsup:.

As said before, most fans were following the Brizzle/Millwall match on their phones....and it all went a bit Pete Tong when we believed that it was 4-3, lordy lordy haven't seen scenes like that at "The Hall" for a long time....sadly not to be :thumbdown:

The atmosphere was almost as surreal in the karaoke bar! People wondering why I was dancing around like a maniac for a few minutes then sitting down with a beer looking at the phone intensely for around a further 10. I've said it before the OMTs are invaluable for nutty exiles. Now back to bed to get some more sleep before a beach BBQ today. Slightly hacked off we haven't signed anyone yet ha ha.

Forgot to mention this on Sunday, but how did that busker get on the pitch to do those Oasis numbers, before the start? :blush:

Security really has to be tightened up, next season!

Another forgot to mention............... The look on the guy's face in front of us when he met the incoming match ball full on his forehead and nodded it back to the pitch. He then stood up and took a bow accepting the applause of T block, West Stand. Class mate, real class.

Another forgot to mention............... The look on the guy's face in front of us when he met the incoming match ball full on his forehead and nodded it back to the pitch. He then stood up and took a bow accepting the applause of T block, West Stand. Class mate, real class.

Ah yes, that raised a laugh with a few of us over in block S as well!

Back