• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

bess30

First XI
What was that about at full time he came over clapping the fans then all of a sudden started raging at a certain section as if someone in other words said do one mate, anyone else see this?

Yes it's on Facebook on southend utd page .two yobs shouting dog abuse apparently

Yes it's on Facebook on southend utd page .two yobs shouting dog abuse apparently

I saw Ferdinand telling them to do one. Looked around and there were a couple of late 40s blokes shouting abuse. I couldn't really work out why as ferdy did ok and the team did too, so I came to the conclusion that they were idiots.

They are an idiots as Anton has so many problem off the pitch in last few months & if wasn't for football, he would have gone to pieces.

I left quite sharpish on the final whistle so I didn't see any of this but after another defeat on the road I think fans are, within reason, entitled to vent frustrations.

Obviously any personal abuse is totally uncalled for

What's worse is that those people who are happy to shout abuse at players are the same ones who will be all over Facebook, twitter etc crying about how the mean footballer shouting abuse back.

Fed up with these idiots, stop berating our own players! Blimey, people are quick enough to moan when they don't come over (see the comments directed at Brown).

i'm not on facebook, what is the flavor of what its being said- I hope the two 'fans' are getting grief. Would have thought that these 'fans' would gave been too knackered with no voices left to have hurled abuse -

I don't agree in personal abuse but players are quick to lap up the praise but don't like criticism after a poor performance.

There was a middle age bloke , standing up by the front rail in the second tier giving the Charlton fans the cutting throat action right before a steward couldn't believe nothing was done.
Some fans are just beyond help,but as said in match report the support was brilliant,a few odd idiots spoil it for the majorityUTS

"Some fans are just beyond help,but as said in match report the support was brilliant, a few odd idiots spoil it for the majority"

That's true of many things though.

Do you face that sort of "criticism" in your job?

Nope but if I was as **** in my job and got clapped off and got paid a small fortune id be laughing all week. It's simple the players get out what they put in. Charlton were the better side and we lost.

I wasn't one of those shouting abuse and didn't shout any at Rotherham. Phil Brown has been given possibly the biggest budget of any Southend manager and the team look inept, old and mostly crocked.

There was a middle age bloke , standing up by the front rail in the second tier giving the Charlton fans the cutting throat action right before a steward couldn't believe nothing was done.
Some fans are just beyond help,but as said in match report the support was brilliant,a few odd idiots spoil it for the majorityUTS
I couldn't help but see that as well, and had a young lad with him ( son?).

Nope but if I was as **** in my job and got clapped off and got paid a small fortune id be laughing all week. It's simple the players get out what they put in. Charlton were the better side and we lost.

I wasn't one of those shouting abuse and didn't shout any at Rotherham. Phil Brown has been given possibly the biggest budget of any Southend manager and the team look inept, old and mostly crocked.
It might be the biggest ever budget for a Southend manager. But I would think it is still only the 10th to 15th biggest budget in League 1 this season. I think we had around the 12th biggest budget last season.

Do you honestly believe that players go out to play badly.Anyone who has played the game knows sometimes things don't happen as you want.100% effort is what I expect and I will always applaud the players who show their appreciation after a defeat.At the moment confidence is low and getting behind the players and not critising them when things are not working during the game is essential to turn things around.Anton reacting to these kn*bs show that he's hurting .Get behind the team not at them,and to the players show you appreciate the support and ignore the few idiots

. Phil Brown has been given possibly the biggest budget of any Southend manager and the team look inept, old and mostly crocked.

I would argue Barry Fry had a much bigger budget. More to the point, Peter Taylor spent almost £600k on just 3 players! Thomson, Dublin and Willis...

Back