• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you listening to right now? Post Video links please.

Let It Be - Some band called the Beatles.

Oddly this album has always passed me by, no idea why. Possibly as it contains two of my most hated Beatles Songs (The Long & Winding Road and Across The Universe). Heard "One After 909" on t'radio last week, and it's a proper balls-out rocker.

To celebrate 25 years since Automatic For The People was released, 6Music did a two hour show last night deidicated to R.E.M. Not just their songs, but tracks that were inspired them, or ones with a connection to the band - e.g. Billy Bragg's "You Woke Up My Neighbourhood", which featured Michael Stipe and was co-written by Peter Buck.

All good stuff and an excellent two hours of radio. They also played an R.E.M. cover of this song which I'd never heard before. And I'm glad I have now.

[video=youtube;gw1ZDzBoUf8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw1ZDzBoUf8[/video]

I never really liked Automatic For The People or Out Of Time however Near Wild Heaven is probably my favourite REM song.

I preferred their 80's stuff.

I never really liked Automatic For The People or Out Of Time however Near Wild Heaven is probably my favourite REM song.

Fussy git. They're superb albums - from hence on they became patchy in the extreme. The resignation of Bill Berry compounded it IMHO. A lot of their later works, bar the occasional single, are terrible.

The 1-2-3 punch at the end of "Automatic" of "Man On The Moon"-"Nightswimming"-"Find The River" is as good an end to an album as any.

That said, I do tend to like the earlier stuff more - "Murmur" and "Fable Of The Reconstruction" vie for favouritism depending on my mood.

Fussy git. They're superb albums - from hence on they became patchy in the extreme. The resignation of Bill Berry compounded it IMHO. A lot of their later works, bar the occasional single, are terrible.

"New Adventures In Hi-Fi" is really good. But yes - those last three or four albums have very little to recommend them beyond the singles.

I honestly don't remember it. I'm no fan of E-Bow the Letter.

Certainly a curious choice for first single off the album! Quite a long album - over an hour - but well worth a revisit some 21 (!) years on. "Electrolite" is a just about perfect final track too.

I managed to pull my earphones out if the monitor socket yesterday and the office was treated to a blast of Illusion by Imagination.

Back