• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I see Ranger is the latest scapegoat!

Let's be honest, he's not been playing well, but bar one or two, I can't think of many who've been covering themselves in glory as of late. He's just moved to Southend which will hopefully stop him being late to training. As I've said before, I don't think we play to his strengths with our style of play. He needs constant balls in the box to attack with his height and strength. Too often this season I've seen him used for hold up play, which is a waste of his talents. Look how prolific Corr was when he went to Cambridge and played for a team that was built around him.

If we can get some decent service to him, Cox will also prosper from the knockdowns, saves etc. It's easy to criticise by looking at some numbers, but I think the criticism is a tad harsh.

He's been poor all season and if he has to move to Southend to be on time then he's as immature as I first thought. We've given him way too many chances IMO, the next misdemeanour he should FO.

Here's a test for the oldies.......how about George Duck? Maybe he fits the bill? COYBB

Here's a test for the oldies.......how about George Duck? Maybe he fits the bill? COYBB
Never was a player more aptly named. What about Ron Fogg, although I think he went on to score lots of goals for Aldershot.

I was wondering if someone would mention Neville Roach. My abiding memory of Roach was seeing him played in with a weighted ball to feet, 2 yards out with an open goal and executing an air-kick. I believe he was an international too!
He was called up by the Cayman islands I think, although for some reason he wasn't eligible.

From memory I seem to remember him having a fantastic debut then spending pretty much the rest of his time with us offside.

From that era I remember neil Tolson having a few injuries but his strike partner's name eludes me but i'm pretty sure he never really scored many for us

He was called up by the Cayman islands I think, although for some reason he wasn't eligible.

From memory I seem to remember him having a fantastic debut then spending pretty much the rest of his time with us offside.

From that era I remember neil Tolson having a few injuries but his strike partner's name eludes me but i'm pretty sure he never really scored many for us

Was Barry Conlon around about then?

Never was a player more aptly named. What about Ron Fogg, although I think he went on to score lots of goals for Aldershot.
The best thing about George Duck was we played Millwall in part of the deal and beat them 4-1 , George left us and went to Wealdstone where he became a goal scoring machine and is still a legend there .

He got 11 goals in 19 games at Hereford where he was partnered with another young loanee a certain Theo Robinson who was on loan from Watford, with Ben Smith supplying the ammo. Theo got 13 goals that season.

Hooper is 30 in January so maybe their partnership will be reformed in a couple of years time.

We didn't really let him go - we did get £175k plus a chunk of his £2.4m sell on to Celtic.

One of Tilly and Brush's few failings which they readily acknowledged - they couldn't get the best out of him. I think he needed pace up there with him rather than a target man. Wasn't his dad a bit of a pain interfering?

Actually,Gary Hooper’s most prolific spell at Hereford that season was in a 7 game partnership with a different loanee-Sherjil MacDonald from WBA-Theo Robinson remained a substitute.In those 7 games,Hooper scored 5 and MacDonald 6!

Tolson and Curruthers , Tolson banged in 10/11 one seasons , Curruthers ended up around 20 , our team was s**T but our strikeforce pretty decent in 2000

Not sure they could be classed as strikers Sturrock and Irofa are 2 thatbspring to mind.

Not quite. One on his debut, two against Scunthorpe in a 2-0 win and one at Chesterfield next season.

4 in 26 starts.
what a shame he wasn't in the same side as Lou Costello, who although a defender, also was tried up front as a desperate measure during a couple of seasons in the early sixties.

Back