• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should be a great atmosphere at the Hall on Saturday. Going 2-0 to us, might even have a tenner on the result !:thumbsup:

Cox will be back and start, most likely alongside the rested MAF in attack.
Other than the injured Kites the midfield will be Dru, Tims, MacL AND Theo who will be given his chance to show if he can step up to the plate better than Flash did (at Bury).
Defense;- no change
Replacing Kightley at left midfield is difficult.If only Mantom were fit! Pity we don’t still have Hendrie.Apart from speed ,McG offers very little,Robinson even less! If Cox and MAF are up front,I’d play either Harrison or Ladapo out wide.

I was playing golf with my Coventry City supporting mate recently, and he was telling me they were aiming to smash the League 2 attendance record held by Portsmouth, when they played Accrington last week. The attendance was recorded as 28000 plus, yet the ground looked half empty on the highlights. 14000 tickets were given away free to local schools, and adults got in for a fiver. Clearly most of the free tickets never attended, but were still included in the attendance figure.

Looking forward to this one immensely. I wonder whether Josh Wright is close enough to be ready to slot into midfield with, presumably Dru moved slightly wider - or to play the 3 CMs with McLaughlin switching at will?

Get behind the boys and let's give Anton a decent reception please.

Looking forward to this one immensely. I wonder whether Josh Wright is close enough to be ready to slot into midfield with, presumably Dru moved slightly wider - or to play the 3 CMs with McLaughlin switching at will?

Get behind the boys and let's give Anton a decent reception please.

The only CM we've had in the past few years that hasn't looked ineffective out wide is Atkinson, putting Yearwood out wide is going to cause confusion just like it did under Brown. McGlashan isn't great but plenty of players have looked revitalised under Powell, he should be given a chance imo, it's not like he's never had a good game for us.

One thing that you can't fault McGlashan for is effort and commitment. Two things you can't fault McGlashan for are effort and commitment and blistering pace. Three things you can't fault McGlashan for are...... etc.

I didn't expect a Spanish Inquisition but I am pointing out that McGlashan does have some clear strengths and within our revitalised team under SCP's watchful eye he may achieve the potential that he clearly has - give him a go Chris.

Could be close to the highest of the season :-

Charlton - 9,588
Blackburn - 9,257

Club just tweeted that the x block is now open with 8600 sold , inclusive of pompey who have filled the north bank out.

Should be a good game.

The ticket sales routine has returned a figure of 7012 home tickets sold so far. Assuming Portsmouth turn up in big numbers (2k quoted) then it will certainly be a big gate. Hopefully the crowd will be absolutely

attachment.php

Last edited:
The ticket sales routine has returned a figure of 7012 home tickets sold so far. Assuming Portsmouth turn up in big numbers (2k quoted) then it will certainly be a big gate. Hopefully the crowd will be absolutely

attachment.php

Pompey as expected have sold there allocation

The only CM we've had in the past few years that hasn't looked ineffective out wide is Atkinson, putting Yearwood out wide is going to cause confusion just like it did under Brown. McGlashan isn't great but plenty of players have looked revitalised under Powell, he should be given a chance imo, it's not like he's never had a good game for us.

One thing that you can't fault McGlashan for is effort and commitment. Two things you can't fault McGlashan for are effort and commitment and blistering pace. Three things you can't fault McGlashan for are...... etc.

I didn't expect a Spanish Inquisition but I am pointing out that McGlashan does have some clear strengths and within our revitalised team under SCP's watchful eye he may achieve the potential that he clearly has - give him a go Chris.

I do like McGlashan but think he is far better and more effective as an impact sub.

Back