• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And your looking at a gate of around 6,300 tomorow and that's including away supporters if they can get down here, won't be anymore at the game.

If it's down to RM, then I still don't see the financial sense in playing it tomorrow, unless he needs the cashflow more than we think.

The Bolton match worked quite well being delayed last season, as it was a good crowd when it was played.

I really cannot see tomorrow’s game going ahead.

We’ve got some kind of icy sleet / frozen rain thing going on at the moment, and more snow forecast, then rain tomorrow morning. I guess RM must be determined to get this game on, so reckon we won’t know until around mid morning tomorrow. The club are also asking for help clearing the pitch tomorrow morning

It’s ok to have the game going ahead if the pitch is clear and ok but what about people getting to and from the game. I am sure lots will stay away purely because some of the roads are still not good to drive on and most of the pavements have not been gritted and are like ice rinks.
Good point! i recall a game called off because of car park etc in the past.

If it's down to RM, then I still don't see the financial sense in playing it tomorrow, unless he needs the cashflow more than we think.

The Bolton match worked quite well being delayed last season, as it was a good crowd when it was played.

That's not how I remember it - we were on a roll but the game was postponed ......... and then we lost the rescheduled game. All I can see is 0 points when the result could have different ........ and we know how tight it was at the end of the season.

The weather forecast is looking a bit better now - maybe we will play the match after all........

That's not how I remember it - we were on a roll but the game was postponed ......... and then we lost the rescheduled game. All I can see is 0 points when the result could have different ........ and we know how tight it was at the end of the season.

I was referring to income rather than the result of the match.

In other words, we didn't lose out financially in the long run and probably gained.

So there were people complaining about the getting to Oldham and the game being called off - surely we are about to do the same to the Walsall supporters - it has to be seriously in doubt so why wait - pitch has to be frozen!

The vast majority of supporters already have tickets for the game anyway so I’m not sure how much increased revenue would be gained by playing it tomorrow. There are probably only a couple of hundred of supporters that would pay on the day. Everything else would just get deferred until the rearranged game.

Well I'm in harlow today and it's been snowing since 2.30 this afternoon non stop and could go on untill 1.00 am in the morning, just hope this snow isn't on the way to the Southend area as you've had enough already:unsure:

So there were people complaining about the getting to Oldham and the game being called off - surely we are about to do the same to the Walsall supporters - it has to be seriously in doubt so why wait - pitch has to be frozen!
Would like to think if there’s any chance of it being called off it will be done at around 9am rather than midday.

Almost every other game is now off, it is chucking it down with snow at the moment, it is below freezing, there is still 2 foot of snow on the pitch that needs to be cleared, the AA thing says 3 hours from Walsall to here, Snow predicted in Walsall......there is a few clues here as to why it might be prudent to make a decision.

Subtle, very subtle. Very good indeed.

attachment.php

Is that Trevor?

Can I remind everyone that this is THE Football League. The first league in the world, the original league.

My generation goes to games, the next 2 generations are already going and past generation after past generation has been going for more than 100 years. The first league games were in 1888 - that is some 130 years ago and the game was being played long before that ......... in all weathers.

There is a schedule of matches published at the beginning of the season and each club is obliged (if not bound) to do everything they can to see that the matches take place on the date and time scheduled.

The events at Rochdale and Oldham are unfortunate but they should not mitigate against Southend United Football Club operating at the best possible level to ensure that the game takes place.

This is England. We are Southend United. This is the best league in the world.

Ron has a plan.

He is going to breathe on the pitch. After all, hot air melts ice, doesn't it?

Can I remind everyone that this is THE Football League. The first league in the world, the original league.

My generation goes to games, the next 2 generations are already going and past generation after past generation has been going for more than 100 years. The first league games were in 1888 - that is some 130 years ago and the game was being played long before that ......... in all weathers.

There is a schedule of matches published at the beginning of the season and each club is obliged (if not bound) to do everything they can to see that the matches take place on the date and time scheduled.

The events at Rochdale and Oldham are unfortunate but they should not mitigate against Southend United Football Club operating at the best possible level to ensure that the game takes place.

This is England. We are Southend United. This is the best league in the world.

Not sure what the point is here?

So the club is expecting around 100 fans to turn up in morning to help get the game on, I applaud everyone of them and hope the game gets played but I think your all fighting a lost battle against our south stand end unless you all turn up with powerful hair dryers:omg: goodluck everyone:thumbsup:

Back