• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As I understand it the company messed up, equipment malfunction I believe when laying our pitch. Surely we have a case for said company to be responsible financially in some way???

What do those blokes that fork about at half time actually do?

If you watch next time you will see some repairing the divots, one or two have a bucket that they sprinkle something where the divot came up from, and then replace the divot. Ground staff also rake and fork the pitch before, at half time and after a game because it aerates the pitch and improves drainage, making the turf softer. The big guy that doesn't seem to be forking or repairing properly, I'm told the club are being very nice.

After yesterday, I think that pitch is probably now a lot worse than the worse pitch ever.

Mind you there didn't seem to be any gigantic divots yesterday but rather a lot of sand particularly in the north east corner and a number of grassless areas.

According to the BBC weather forecast it's going to start raining at 4am Friday morning and rain non stop until 5pm on Saturday afternoon. I imagine the covers will be back on again for Saturday.

At least there's only 5 more games to play on it now. I can't say I'm enthused about watching any of them.

Loved the way the stadium announcer praised all the people that had helped clear the Snow, then went on to say the pitch was in excellent condition:hilarious:

at least there is only 4 more home games left this season And if the club use there brains they wont have any silly cup games on it or hire it out to pointless games .But rip it up and give it a full close season to bed a new pitch in .

at least there is only 4 more home games left this season And if the club use there brains they wont have any silly cup games on it or hire it out to pointless games .But rip it up and give it a full close season to bed a new pitch in .

hmm ..

Once again the opportunities for hundreds of junior players to play their end of season finals at Roots Hall are neither silly nor pointless. These are the future generations of footballers and football enthusiasts.

Admittedly it may not be possible this year for obvious reasons but don't be so dismissive of the wider game !

Without doubt the moment the last league game this season is played they should rip it up and have it relaid and left to bed in until the new season. No other games should be played on it until the start of next season.

Why don't the junior teams play their finals in our indoor arena? Oh yes I forgot...................

I agree that the Club will need to prioritise the problem of sorting out the pitch as soon as the last home game is played.

However, I don't agree that local Cup Finals should not be played at Roots Hall. As a local amateur who played for many seasons in the Borough, I had the opportunity of playing at Roots Hall. A special occasion that I will always remember and to deny local amateurs that privilege would be wrong IMO.

Without doubt the moment the last league game this season is played they should rip it up and have it relaid and left to bed in until the new season. No other games should be played on it until the start of next season.

I don't think that will happen, as there will be a charity match at Root Hall on the 17th May (Featuring Tilly, Barrett & Danny Greaves).

Presuming the junior sides will play on the pitch either side of that fixture, I would imagine re-laying would take place around June, giving it about 2 months to bed in.

I'm sure the club are hiring out the pitch again at the end of the season. My Sunday vets side did this last season but I think the only slots still available this season were midweek ones, so I think this would indicate quite a few have already booked the glorious surface for this summer? :omg:

A couple of 'interesting' links here. It seems we are valued customers of this outfit.

http://www.grassform.co.uk/clients/

http://www.grassform.co.uk/services/sport-pitch-construction/football-pitches/

I see at the bottom of the page that they operate a returns service. If they are the people responsible for our potato field, perhaps, we can roll-up the bucket of crap that they lumbered us with and give it back to them. We may even get a refund, less 25% admin fee of course.

Next season starts on 4th August - much too early. And not much time to sort the pitch.

Much too early ? It's the normal start time with the lat 5 years starting between 3rd and 9th depending when the Saturday falls.

Much too early ? It's the normal start time with the lat 5 years starting between 3rd and 9th depending when the Saturday falls.

It might be the normal start but I can still think it is too early. I think anything before the 15th of August is too early especially with the final play off on 28th May. A break of less than 10 weeks.

It might be the normal start but I can still think it is too early. I think anything before the 15th of August is too early especially with the final play off on 28th May. A break of less than 10 weeks.

Of course you can think what you like. Our break will, sadly, be the full 13 weeks or exactly one quarter of the year.

Do you want less football, a later finish or more midweek games ?

A couple of 'interesting' links here. It seems we are valued customers of this outfit.

http://www.grassform.co.uk/clients/

http://www.grassform.co.uk/services/sport-pitch-construction/football-pitches/

It would seem from their website that Grassform also supply lake creation services. Maybe we ticked the wrong box on the form given that they would appear to have been fairly successful in delivering a wetlands area suitable for all forms of birds and other wildlife.

One thing we could ditch are the pre-season friendlies on the pitch this coming summer. Just to allow a bit more time.

I'd take a later start to the league season and getting rid of the Check-a-Trade if I had an ideal scenario.

Back