• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question for everyone, out of all the latest load of prospects coming through in the UK which one excites you the most?

For me it has to be Josh Kelly, his head movement and style is excellent. I know he’s fighting novices but he looks like he will be something special especially under the guidance of Adam Booth.

[video=youtube_share;etgsorvCMH0]https://youtu.be/etgsorvCMH0[/video]

That was horrible, did you see his interview after the fight a truly humble block and appeared in good health.

These ****ing idiots love to have a go at boxing imagine if they watched a bit of UFC they would have a meltdown.

Can I ask why the hatred towards Gallagher?

There's no one big reason, just an entire bunch of little reasons all banded together. It's the way he conducts himself, takes centre stage, believing he is the best trainer in the business. It's the way he comes across when he speaks, he's very condescending, very smarmy.

There's a long running joke in the boxing world that when one of his fighters is in action, he is the main attraction, with the fighter being nothing more than a feature. So, for example his next fight will be Joe Gallagher ft. Callum Smith VS George Groves. The guy's just a pure **** IMO.

Question for everyone, out of all the latest load of prospects coming through in the UK which one excites you the most?

Yeah Kelly for me aswell. A lot of interest for him, he could go quite far.

Lewis Ritson & Joe Joyce will be worth keeping an eye on. I expect their careers to go like steam trains this year. I've heard a lot of talk about a fighter called Zelfa Barratt, but don't know enough about him to make my own mind up yet. Also, be interesting if Josh Taylor starts progressing.

There's no one big reason, just an entire bunch of little reasons all banded together. It's the way he conducts himself, takes centre stage, believing he is the best trainer in the business. It's the way he comes across when he speaks, he's very condescending, very smarmy.

There's a long running joke in the boxing world that when one of his fighters is in action, he is the main attraction, with the fighter being nothing more than a feature. So, for example his next fight will be Joe Gallagher ft. Callum Smith VS George Groves. The guy's just a pure **** IMO.

Yeah Kelly for me aswell. A lot of interest for him, he could go quite far.

Lewis Ritson & Joe Joyce will be worth keeping an eye on. I expect their careers to go like steam trains this year. I've heard a lot of talk about a fighter called Zelfa Barratt, but don't know enough about him to make my own mind up yet. Also, be interesting if Josh Taylor starts progressing.

Zelfa fought on the Yarde and Dubois card and lost to Ronnie Clark. He looked very lacklustre in his performance and didn’t look like the Barrett I have seen before on numerous occasions.

Did you see the Ritson fight on Sunday? It was a hell of a brawl. Everyone seems to be raving about Buatsi. I like his mentality he waited to finish his uni degree before turning pro. Seems to have a sensible head on him and a lot of the people in the know (those not affiliated to Matchroom) thing he will be a force in the light heavy division.

Really hoping the bookies drop another clanger and install Smith as the favourite, just as they did with Eubank.

Groves 4/5 Smith 1/1 on skybet 20/1 the draw

I'd favour Groves but I've only seen Smith fight once.

Anyone staying up for Wilder v Ortiz on sat/sun? Foregone conclusion for Wilder?

Groves 4/5 Smith 1/1 on skybet 20/1 the draw

I'd favour Groves but I've only seen Smith fight once.

Anyone staying up for Wilder v Ortiz on sat/sun? Foregone conclusion for Wilder?

Having a marathon on Saturday watching the Kell Brook fight and then staying up for the Wilder v Ortiz fight. I wouldn’t say it’s a foregone conclusion that Wilder wins this. It’s his first real test and as you may already know Ortiz was signed by Matchroom and Hearn to keep him as far away from Joshua as possible. It all depends what Ortiz turns up, judging by a few training videos I’ve seen he looks in good shape, is he clean? Who knows but he looks good. He is a southpaw, I don’t know how Wilder fares against southpaws and he won’t have fought anyone on the scale and ability of Ortiz.

Ortiz chin hasn’t really been tested and we all know Wilder is powerful so it will be interesting to see. Wilder can be wild at times (excuse the pun), so he needs to ensure his defensive game is tip top against Ortiz. I’m going for a Wilder KO in the later rounds. I think Ortiz with him being 800 years old will struggle with the pace late on and that’s where Wilder will pounce.

Great match up though.

Been so busy last few days, I haven't had a chance to comment here.

Ok, Brook - Rabchenko. Fairly straight forward for Brook. I'm expecting a points win, but wouldn't be surprised with a late stoppage. Rabchenko is out of his depth, but has a glimmer of hope, considering this is Brook's first bout for some time.

Wilder - Ortiz. Wouldn't rule Ortiz out. He's got the ability to stop Wilder, who I personally think has a glass jaw. It all depends on what kind of Ortiz turns up. If it's the Ortiz who was ripping up trees 18 months ago, then he'll bomb Wilder out. If it's the lazy Ortiz, who's been stumbling through his last few fights, then the ref will wave it off, after an unanswered barrage from Wilder.

AJ - Not bothered about his comments, they're hardly despicable. However Tyson Fury would have been lynched by now. And let's be fair, if the racism & support for Mugabe was ignored, then I'm not expecting anything to happen here

Been so busy last few days, I haven't had a chance to comment here.

Ok, Brook - Rabchenko. Fairly straight forward for Brook. I'm expecting a points win, but wouldn't be surprised with a late stoppage. Rabchenko is out of his depth, but has a glimmer of hope, considering this is Brook's first bout for some time.

Wilder - Ortiz. Wouldn't rule Ortiz out. He's got the ability to stop Wilder, who I personally think has a glass jaw. It all depends on what kind of Ortiz turns up. If it's the Ortiz who was ripping up trees 18 months ago, then he'll bomb Wilder out. If it's the lazy Ortiz, who's been stumbling through his last few fights, then the ref will wave it off, after an unanswered barrage from Wilder.

AJ - Not bothered about his comments, they're hardly despicable. However Tyson Fury would have been lynched by now. And let's be fair, if the racism & support for Mugabe was ignored, then I'm not expecting anything to happen here

Couldn’t agree more look at the whole Sports Personality of the Year debacle in 2015. Fury should’ve won that year had they not poisoned his chances by making something out of nothing. Seems strange that it’s even being brought up this AJ comments.

I’m looking forward to the Dave Allen v Lenroy Thomas fight, I was there for the first fight and Allen messed it up by not taking it seriously and got beaten. He looks in good shape for this fight and hopefully he will win the title off Thomas. Neither are likely to ever be anything more than European level but I just like Dave Allen.

I’m very anti drugs cheats in boxing so for me I want Wilder to destroy Ortiz.

Jermell Charlo has said he will fight Brook if he puts in a good performance tonight and gets him out early. Charlo is a hell of a fighter and I think Brook would unfortunately struggle against him. He would be better aiming to fight Sadam Ali who I would class as the weakest champ in the division.

Bollocks, the Allen v Thomas fight called off in the first round due to accidental head clash. Dave Allen sustained a really nasty cut above his eye.

In case anyone is ever confused by the lineal champ situation:

Great War between Ortiz and Wilder. Wilder really does have some power behind him and KO’ing Ortiz in the 10th with two previous knockdowns. I know people don’t rate him and reckon his record is padded but after that I really think he is a threat to Joshua. He has power and he took an absolute barrage of punches from Ortiz and managed to stay up.

Great War between Ortiz and Wilder. Wilder really does have some power behind him and KO’ing Ortiz in the 10th with two previous knockdowns. I know people don’t rate him and reckon his record is padded but after that I really think he is a threat to Joshua. He has power and he took an absolute barrage of punches from Ortiz and managed to stay up.

Cant argue with that. I was convinced that Wilder had a glass jaw, but to withstand that onslaught showed he's got the neccessary tools.

Great fight in places, and an excellent finish from Wilder. Although the similarities from AJ - Wlad were perfectly obvious. The fight was there for Ortiz, if he could have made it count after that seventh round. Wilder was still wobbly & unsteady on his feet, but Ortiz couldn't summon up the energy to end it. A younger fighter, with a bigger gas tank would have had Wilder out of there.

That being said, Wilder impressed me, in the fact that he showed incredible heart & determination to carry on & get the win.

One things for certain, there's a new element just been added to a potential fight between AJ & Wilder

Yep definitely got a chin and definitely got some power. Think that people were sceptical because he hadn't really faced any quality before. He has now and I agree he'd be a big test for Joshua

I see those pesky Mexican cows have been at it again.

Bit troublesome all of these elite athletes eating them.

Without wanting to veer this thread too far off topic, it is incredible how many chronic asthmatics make it to the very top of some endurance sports. When I was at school, if your asthma was that bad you couldn't make it round a lap of the playing fields.

The use of PED's is pretty rife in boxing, with plenty of current & former champions being accused of it. From what I understand, it is very much possible to cheat the tests, if you know how. Mike Tyson's way still remains my favourite. For those not familiar with it, just google Mike Tyson Whizzer.

The reality though, is that the use of PED's could be the difference between life and death for the abuser's opponent.

Also worth remembering that occasionally these fighters (who aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer to begin with) are actually tricked into PED use, by unscrupulous trainers, managers & promoters.

No surprise on the Canelo failed drug test, seems the WBA are sticking by him and De La Hoya is sticking with the contaminated meat story. They’re moving their camp now to the US to prevent it ‘happening again’.

Couple of good fights announced although the first a very brave or stupid choice by Jamie McDonnell taking on the dangerous Inoue in Japan. One of the top P4P fighters fair play to Jamie for not ducking and taking him on.

Next is a big step up very early on for Josh Kelly who will take on Carlos Molina on the Joshua v Parker card. A former world champion albeit for a brief period and at super welter. Still a big step up for Josh who has only fought 5 times. The Joshua v Parker card as a whole is looking half decent with Povetkin v Price. Unfortunately as much as I would love to watch/go I bought my wife tickets for Evanescence in London as it’s her birthday the night before. I will no doubt be ****ing her off by checking my phone constantly for updates.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Quigg v Valdez at the weekend?

Back