• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Commonwealth Games

Can't say it will be at the top of my sporting agenda over the coming weeks but there will be some decent track and field action, plus the rugby sevens is always good fun. Time difference makes it a bit tricky to follow of course.

Always a good tester for up and coming sportsman, so yes like to watch it

Good shout - I remember the 2006 Games being Jess Ennis' big breakthrough. Kelly Sotherton won gold, but it was clear who was going to have the brighter future.

The Cycling will be good.
It also give "games" experience to the youngsters , Laura Kenny tweeted as much this morning, having first ridden for England at the age of 18 .

A Training partner of mine at Southend AC got a Gold and a Bronze in the Relays in the 94 Commonwealths, never quite made the GB Senior Squad

I have to admit I've watched quite a lot of it today. I probably will tomorrow too.

Do I care? Not really, but it's always good to get one over the ball tamperers.

Can't say it will be at the top of my sporting agenda over the coming weeks but there will be some decent track and field action, plus the rugby sevens is always good fun. Time difference makes it a bit tricky to follow of course.

spot on,feel the same

It's just down the road from me and as a family we're heading down for the hockey tomorrow and the final session of athletics next Saturday. As an 'event', something to enjoy and be part of I'm looking forward to it.

It's just down the road from me and as a family we're heading down for the hockey tomorrow and the final session of athletics next Saturday. As an 'event', something to enjoy and be part of I'm looking forward to it.

Good stuff; hope the tickets were reasonable - at the World Athletics last year, tickets for children were only £9.58 (Bolt's WR time for the 100m) which made it good value for families.

Harry Aikines-Aryeetey in failing to haul his massive body across the line at any speed shock. He should probably think of doing something else.

Harry Aikines-Aryeetey in failing to haul his massive body across the line at any speed shock. He should probably think of ding something else.
Perhaps his coach should be taking a long look at his trading and diet. I know it’s a power discipline but is all that muscle mass required ?

Perhaps his coach should be taking a long look at his trading and diet. I know it’s a power discipline but is all that muscle mass required ?

Madness isn't it? Whether it is HAA or his coach, something isn't right. He looks impressive, but the results have never really been there.

Back