• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Welcome to the new home of ShrimperZone

What do we think of the new forums so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Click the link you just posted Jon.
weird that it correctly links on my laptop, but not on my phone (e.g. going through a google result when i search 'shrimperzone'). Might be worth checking out

weird that it correctly links on my laptop, but not on my phone (e.g. going through a google result when i search 'shrimperzone'). Might be worth checking out

I had the same frustrating issue for some time on my iphone and it concerns me others will still be seeing the old site, but this was more a cache situation on the phone. I wasn't able to proactively do anything but it eventually just switched to the new site and is working fine now.

I know that's not the best answer...

Cricko - FYI when you use the SZ office version - the issue with ordering in the Forum tab still appears to be present.
This was an update I made to the parent template, so the child (SZ Office) should be automatic. My guess is it may just take time to catch-up/propagate.

John’s right Kay - what you showed in the pic is a local setting on your computer. If you edit your favourites bar you will be able to change both the link itself and the name on the link button
Yes, just right click on your "Zenforo Test" link on your favourites bar, and select "Edit", you can change the name to what ever you want.

It is great if you are on a works computer. :Winking:

Thanks guys, didn't know that - never needed to use the edit before! Will take the tip about works computer too, lol!

Not sure if anyone has mentioned but viewing on mobile not so good, sometimes (for me) all I get is the poster but their comment is just computer code.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned but viewing on mobile not so good, sometimes (for me) all I get is the poster but their comment is just computer code.
Is it a post from before the transfer to the new site? If so, some of the punctuation etc has been replaced by code but unfortunately would take months to go through and edit every post.

If it’s not that then would be useful if you could post a screenshot for us.

Some of the avatars have lost definition, just looking at this page the love of Cricko's life, Kylie, Shrimper93's Marmite and Firestorm's motorbike are all blurry. This is on a good old proper desktop computer!

4668.jpg
1938.jpg
953.jpg

I don't think they carried over very well from the old forums....I will obviously have to sort mine out . :Slurp:

I don't think they carried over very well from the old forums....I will obviously have to sort mine out . :Slurp:
I'm not a technician but it may be to do with size. Previously on the old site if you magnified the an avatar it would be as fuzzy as some on here are now. The avatars now are bigger than they were on the old site and therefore maybe need to be reduced a bit, if that is technically possible.

I've just had a look on the area where you can change your avatar and it says:
It is recommended that you use an image that is at least 400x400 pixels.

Yep, I would just try to find the image on Google with the closest pixels above 400x400 and then just resize on photo gallery down to the optimum size.

Picture quality seems to be fine doing that.

Appreciate that's not always possible if the only image available is either very large or very small in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back