• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Barrett on the brink of being announced....?

Don't think Millwall would make life difficult. Didn't we let Harris go when he was still under contract with us ? I wasn't in favour of Adam to start with but I have gradually warmed to the idea. Should Tilly be part of a new regime, I would be more than happy.

We all just need to be patient and accept that we could still get relegated, no matter who is in charge. The only consolation, most of the squad can leave at the end of the season, if not before.

I would be sure that in the medium term they will succeed, the short term very difficult.

Absolutely that TB, If Barrett comes in Ron should make it clear that he is here to stay.

We need stability.

Realistically we are almost down now, but he's my thread of hope.

When we were relegated from the Championship last time around we went 21 games without a win and almost got away with avoiding relegation. ( Everyone remember a certain 3-1 win away at Ipswich that season)? Not to mention Birmingham away too.

Now I know we had a better team that year, but if Barrett comes in, gets through to the squad what he demands and indeed the standards all involved with SUFC demand, you never know.

Not a raise of expectation, but a thread of hope.

If we are playing in L2 next season, that is the current reality atm.

Recently, Ryan Lowe and Paul Warne, at Bury and Rotherham were given their first jobs in management.

They were unable to stop relegation but managed to get their teams promoted at the first time of asking. If AB does get the job I hope he's given time to turn it around, even if that means relegation.

Don’t forget we only need to gain the same points with a one goal better difference than 3 teams- Bolton and the Wombles appear doomed so it’s not a total write off yet although obviously there needs to be a significant upturn in performances

On the other hand, with the right appointment in hand, we could take an army to that place and give them the shellacking they bloody deserve. What a potentially great way to get this show back on the road.

[insert Kevin Keegan quote about how much I might appreciate us doing that]
If it's Larsson we should all arrive by boat dressed as Agnetha from ABBA

AB just arrived at Kenilworth Rd with Bomber looking happy :Worthy:

Recently, Ryan Lowe and Paul Warne, at Bury and Rotherham were given their first jobs in management.

They were unable to stop relegation but managed to get their teams promoted at the first time of asking. If AB does get the job I hope he's given time to turn it around, even if that means relegation.

Bury might not be a good comparison

Don’t forget we only need to gain the same points with a one goal better difference than 3 teams- Bolton and the Wombles appear doomed so it’s not a total write off yet although obviously there needs to be a significant upturn in performances

Wombles are only 1 point below us :Hilarious:

I'm waiting for some smart arse to start a thread called Barrett Confirmed then the first post will say......

Adam Barrett has confirmed he will not be undergoing a hair transplant.

We need a new manager ASAP we are in October big matches coming up the longer it goes on

We allowed AB to join Millwall whilst under contract with us so why wouldn't they allow him to return.......Especially as Harris is in charge.

As a player his legacy looked assured in the same way as SCP -but if appointed manager at this time it would only confirm to me that Ron does not now have the means, imagination or the wherewithal to take us any further than he has - and that a number of fans who have mistakingly assumed (again) that a former player is going to prove to be as good a manager as he was once a player are going to be left feeling (again) that they wished they hadn't joined the clamour for his return - a heroes return based on nothing other than nostalgia and myth.

And running the pre match rituals. Would doubt he would still be doing this if he had been given permission to talk to RM

Permission to talk is not the same as leaving or even getting the job anyway.

Even if he is going to be announced our manager tomorrow, that should still not stop him being professional tonight.

As a player his legacy looked assured in the same way as SCP -but if appointed manager at this time it would only confirm to me that Ron does not now have the means, imagination or the wherewithal to take us any further than he has - and that a number of fans who have mistakingly assumed (again) that a former player is going to prove to be as good a manager as he was once a player are going to be left feeling (again) that they wished they hadn't joined the clamour for his return - a heroes return based on nothing other than nostalgia and myth.
Surely a basic reading of the many threads advocating a move for Barrett would show you that it has almost nothing to do with nostalgia. You’re pretty certain about it and the way it will pan out though.

Back