• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like that they haven't looked at other professions here, it's very unclear if this is a problem only for teachers or for anyone travelling to work. The 333% higher figure is a comparison between teachers and the entire population, but that doesn't necessarily mean schools themselves are the issue. It could just be down to the fact that teachers still need to go in to work whilst large parts of the population are able to work from home and hence minimise their potential exposure to the virus (not to mention the entire population will include high risk groups that are taking extra precautions to make sure they don't get infected).

Anyone that is unable to work from home will be at an increased risk of getting the virus and as rates for other professions haven't been provided it's unclear if schools themselves are more dangerous than other places of work or if we'd see similar figures to the 333% quoted here for any profession that still has to commute to an indoors place of work.

Exactly this, teacher like to think they are a special case.

In my line of work we have hundreds of people on a daily basis out on the front line delivering cleaning services to Schools, Council buildings, Communal blocks and sheltered accommodation. they are putting themselves at risk each and every day because they can't do their jobs from home but they are expected to get on with it.

We are even having to do special daily cleans after confirmed cases of Covid to make the areas secure for re-use, yet teacher and their unions cry fouls on their poor, unfairly treated members. It's disgusting.

We are dealing with loads of Covid cases among our workforce, the only thing these people are leaving their houses for is to go to work. this is what is spreading the virus.

This was always the plan - some kind of lockdown until enough people have been vaccinated. Make people so desperate to get out of this nightmare that take-up of the vaccine will be high. This new 'mutant strain' came at a very convenient time.

But if they'd said to people last March: "you're going to be living like this for the best part of a year, and you won't be able to celebrate Christmas with your families", people wouldn't have go along with it. So instead they just keep going round in circles and moving the goalposts.

Eh? So what about other countries that have also declared now experiencing the Covid variant - or do you think they too are just making it up?

Exactly this, teacher like to think they are a special case.

In my line of work we have hundreds of people on a daily basis out on the front line delivering cleaning services to Schools, Council buildings, Communal blocks and sheltered accommodation. they are putting themselves at risk each and every day because they can't do their jobs from home but they are expected to get on with it.

We are even having to do special daily cleans after confirmed cases of Covid to make the areas secure for re-use, yet teacher and their unions cry fouls on their poor, unfairly treated members. It's disgusting.

We are dealing with loads of Covid cases among our workforce, the only thing these people are leaving their houses for is to go to work. this is what is spreading the virus.

Your ignorance does you justice. Any other profession(s) you can think to slag off whilst regarding your own industry as being being miracle workers?

Your ignorance does you justice. Any other profession(s) you can think to slag off whilst regarding your own industry as being being miracle workers?

Interesting interpretation of my post.

I am merely suggesting that there are others out there more at risk than teachers but don't get treated like special cases.

I'm sure many on here are in the same boat.

If that was “the plan”, can you tell me what the endgame is? What happens once they’ve scared enough people into being vaccinated?
Less people will die from a disease that may not even exist.:Dim:

I don't like that they haven't looked at other professions here, it's very unclear if this is a problem only for teachers or for anyone travelling to work. The 333% higher figure is a comparison between teachers and the entire population, but that doesn't necessarily mean schools themselves are the issue. It could just be down to the fact that teachers still need to go in to work whilst large parts of the population are able to work from home and hence minimise their potential exposure to the virus (not to mention the entire population will include high risk groups that are taking extra precautions to make sure they don't get infected).

Anyone that is unable to work from home will be at an increased risk of getting the virus and as rates for other professions haven't been provided it's unclear if schools themselves are more dangerous than other places of work or if we'd see similar figures to the 333% quoted here for any profession that still has to commute to an indoors place of work.
It's research by the Teacher's Union so it's always going to be focussed on that profession. Plus it's in response to the continuous claims by the government and Johnson that 'schools are safe', when that's clearly not the case just from a face value perspective, and it's taken a lot of digging by a union to start to quantify what's happening to the teaching profession.

I agree that other professions and industries are also at significant risk and we don't know what's happening. Manufacturing, caring, food production, service industry etc. Doesn't make unions or teachers the enemy though.

:Fishing: not much reported on hardships of fire fighters over the pandemic and their extra duties while fires and road collisions are slack.
I saw a shiny red truck this morning outside Aldi while one masked officer went inside, bravely, and purchased the bread, milk and other essentials.
Have the Brigade been supporting ambulance and police much? Have their medics been generally useful? What extra unsung work have they been called on for?
Are they prepared, willing and eager or is there a look out for union action if they do get tasked with work that could interfere with netball, darts, snooker, truck washing, car washing , sleep and second jobs?
Seriously, if it keeps raining I hope they have their flood training up to speed.

I must say, it doesn't feel like a lockdown outside at all, loads of cars and people about and mixing with others.

At this rate we'll have tier 10.

Im on about secondary school kids. I get live lessons don’t work for infant school and they aren’t the school I am having issues with.
It's similar for secondary schools from a safeguarding issue, and my point about the u-turns by the government remains, setting up live or pre-recorded lessons is more time consuming for regular teachers who haven't even be taught how to do this or given the equipment they need. Do agree though that it sounds like your school hasn't been very good and you should speak to them about this.

The whole thing is a complete ****ing disaster, I've never seen my kids look so glum as they are right now.

Very little difference between Tier 4 and Tier 5 when you look at it. It's mainly just schools shut and we are asked not to go out unless it's for work etc.

Most shops still open for click and collect, so there are alot more Key Workers now like Argos workers.

That's exactly what I thought.

The teachers are mugging it off again! Just setting work and leaving the kids to it. I don’t understand why they can’t do live lessons for every period. They don’t even have to go into school to do that. With Teams you can share powerpoints and talk through it. They had an inset day yesterday to prep everything. Even if they have key worker kids in the class they can do a live lesson with the kids on teams and those in the classroom which judging by what my kids are saying isn’t even a handful in each class.

Anyone else having the same issue?
Well, I’m not sure what school your kids go to, but with my wife being a primary school teacher I can advise this is NOT the case.

To state that ‘Teachers are mugging it off’ is extremely offensive.

My wife phoned and spoke to every pupil yesterday and worked on lesson plans and instructions for every parent. In addition she is running class Dojos for all children needing help and is providing written feedback to all pieces of work, which the children are requested to upload to the a school portal. She’s on calls now to parents needing help and will probably be working til well after the end of school putting plans for tomorrow together. Same as when she’s in school pre-Covid.

With the exception of NHS staff no one is working harder than many teachers. This was exactly the same as during 1st lockdown. Sadly teachers are easy targets, but in reality work hard and are under a great deal of pressure.

Teaching online, as opposed to teaching f2f in a classroom, involves a very different skill set.

Although I've done some online teaching courses in the past,one reason why I was very happy to quit teaching PT after the first lockdown in March (finishing in May in my case) was that I didn't really want to start a new year's teaching in October given the problems caused by covid were inevitably set to continue in 20/21.

I think it's easy to moan about different sectors of the UK work Force, just remember, the UK didn't create this, but left to deal with it.

Everyone is trying there hardest to minimise the impact to others, we're just in the sticky brown stuff and we have to protect the NHS and save lives.

Personally I'm very proud of all our front line staff, police, fire service, key workers and most importantly our NHS.

We just all need to bite the bullet until we get over this, our forefathers had it worse during the blitz but got through it in the end.

The sooner EVERYONE follows the rules, the sooner we'll see a light at the end of the tunnel.

If that was “the plan”, can you tell me what the endgame is? What happens once they’ve scared enough people into being vaccinated?

Digital health passports. Think that's a crackpot conspiracy? The government has already awarded a contract to a supplier for them. So the vaccine won't be "mandatory" per se but you'll need it to travel abroad, go to events, probably do any of the 'normal' things we used to do. All part of the great reset. Mandatory face coverings were a compliance test, and you all passed.

How can people still not see that we are being lied to and manipulated? Or do people just not want to believe it? We're only told the daily case numbers, deaths and hospital admissions (which actually include people who were admitted for another reason but tested positive) - we never hear about the number of people who recovered or how many tests were done. We only see the busy hospital wards on the news, not the empty ones. The scaremongering is appalling.

Call me a tinfoil hat wearer if you want. I'll happily be proved wrong when the government has given us back all our freedoms in a few months once the most vulnerable have been vaccinated... :Think:

Live lessons don't work. Kids don't engage, and parents don't have the flexibility to fit a particular schedule.

Why close schools then? Either teachers are 'key workers' or they're not... You don't hear NHS staff, supermarket staff, warehouse staff, delivery drivers, bin men etc. whining about having to go to work.

If teachers were on 80% furlough, I'm sure they'd have different views.

My own grand-daughter has had trouble with her teacher for 18 months (she was unlucky enough to get the same teacher for a 2nd year in her school), and my step daughter has had meetings with the SENCo and with the Deputy and Head over her concerns. Sometimes you do need to take that step if you're really unhappy.

Feel your pain as my middle boy has the same teacher! I'm going to give the home learning a week and if it doesn't improve I'm going to write to the school governors.

Digital health passports. Think that's a crackpot conspiracy? The government has already awarded a contract to a supplier for them. So the vaccine won't be "mandatory" per se but you'll need it to travel abroad, go to events, probably do any of the 'normal' things we used to do. All part of the great reset. Mandatory face coverings were a compliance test, and you all passed.

How can people still not see that we are being lied to and manipulated? Or do people just not want to believe it? We're only told the daily case numbers, deaths and hospital admissions (which actually include people who were admitted for another reason but tested positive) - we never hear about the number of people who recovered or how many tests were done. We only see the busy hospital wards on the news, not the empty ones. The scaremongering is appalling.

Call me a tinfoil hat wearer if you want. I'll happily be proved wrong when the government has given us back all our freedoms in a few months once the most vulnerable have been vaccinated... :Think:
You are a tin foil hat wearer.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back