• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United defender Sam Hart handed three match ban after red card against Walsall

now i know why we are facing relegation to the national league dieng and hart have been banned and with elvis on international duty that`s our problem to many world class players missing [lol]
Thought the club was going to appeal it?

I'm a real big fan of Hart (who is wasted at full back) and i feel this is not so much of a big blow as i dont think MM will have used Sam in the manner he could have. Wasnt a great tackle, went for the ball and missed, hard to see the other player come in at the side in his defence, halfway line yellow card for me.
They just hate us, thats clear.

I wonder if their player will be suspended for making out he was more hurt than he was.

I think the EFL need to have one of those school biology human body diagrams (gender neutral of course) with arrows indicating which parts you can clutch in agony and which ones will get you a two game ban.

I wonder if their player will be suspended for making out he was more hurt than he was.

I think the EFL need to have one of those school biology human body diagrams (gender neutral of course) with arrows indicating which parts you can clutch in agony and which ones will get you a two game ban.
It would also need to be caveated on the colour shirt you’re wearing (default position is if it’s blue or yellow you’re cheating).

It would also need to be caveated on the colour shirt you’re wearing (default position is if it’s blue or yellow you’re cheating).

How dare you sir, the football authorities are colour blind. Its your position in the league tables that decide any punishment.

I am sure a qualified referee or ex-referee on here will correct me, but having replayed the incident several times at both natural and slow speeds I can't see anything but two players going for a 50/50 ball. Perhaps the angle the referee was viewing it from gave a different impression, I don't know. I do think though that the posse of Walsall players that immediately surrounded the referee in protest helped persuade him to give the red card. In 50/50 ball situations are players now expected to stand back and say "After you" for fear of otherwise getting a card of one colour or another?

I am sure a qualified referee or ex-referee on here will correct me, but having replayed the incident several times at both natural and slow speeds I can't see anything but two players going for a 50/50 ball. Perhaps the angle the referee was viewing it from gave a different impression, I don't know. I do think though that the posse of Walsall players that immediately surrounded the referee in protest helped persuade him to give the red card. In 50/50 ball situations are players now expected to stand back and say "After you" for fear of otherwise getting a card of one colour or another?
Thats certainly the way its heading.

Was a yellow for me, the play acting and oppo surrounding the ref made it a red.

Doesnt really matter tho, we could have played till 2023 and still not scored.

Sam Hart + Tom Clifford is our perfect left hand choice right now for me. They compliment eachother's weaknesses perfectly. Earlier in the season MM played them together as well, not sure why he stopped.

Hart has been sailing close to the wind for most of the season, and probably like McCormack, Demetriou and White for different reasons is beginning to acquire a reputation among referees as one to keep an eye on.

Hart has been sailing close to the wind for most of the season, and probably like McCormack, Demetriou and White for different reasons is beginning to acquire a reputation among referees as one to keep an eye on.
The pair of them (Hart and McCormack) are loose cannons if you ask me.

Just shows how bad we are....lose two first teamers Hart and Dieng and who cares?

Replace them with two equally poor/average players and go again!

Macca for sure, i imagine they fill out yellow and red paperwork before each game to save time.

I wonder if he'll get an additional 2 game ban for pretending he was hurt and trying to deceive the ref into not sending him off!!

Back