• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Torquay United 1-0 Southend United

Abysmal just abysmal. Old players past their sell by date. Slow and talentless. Atkinson couldn't get a club for 2 years and we take him on. Offers nothing. PB takes off our most talented player, Bridge. The guy is absolutely clueless and RM must be rubbing his hands as it appears we haven't long left. I will be surprised if there is a SUFC come the end of this season. Our scouting system must be absolutely abysmal as all other teams realise you need pace and fitness to get out of this division and all we do is employ a manager who is really now out of touch and sign geriatrics. RD has moved to Director of Football but for what purpose? What actually does he now do? He I believe had the end say in letting Ricky Holmes go and quite truthfully what I'd give to have someone of his quality here now. We let him go and sign Atkinson which is absolutely criminal.
If RM is in charge at the end of the season I'll be surprised if we still have a club.
I don't think their goalkeeper had a save to make. Absolutely awful.
Agreed, people portray Ricky Duncan as a loveable king of soccer but he's a huge part of the problem too.

There are pictures now of the players talking to the fans.

Likely asking for a evacuation home to avoid a 10,000000000 run tomorrow.

Abysmal just abysmal. Old players past their sell by date. Slow and talentless. Atkinson couldn't get a club for 2 years and we take him on. Offers nothing. PB takes off our most talented player, Bridge. The guy is absolutely clueless and RM must be rubbing his hands as it appears we haven't long left. I will be surprised if there is a SUFC come the end of this season. Our scouting system must be absolutely abysmal as all other teams realise you need pace and fitness to get out of this division and all we do is employ a manager who is really now out of touch and sign geriatrics. RD has moved to Director of Football but for what purpose? What actually does he now do? He I believe had the end say in letting Ricky Holmes go and quite truthfully what I'd give to have someone of his quality here now. We let him go and sign Atkinson which is absolutely criminal.
If RM is in charge at the end of the season I'll be surprised if we still have a club.
I don't think their goalkeeper had a save to make. Absolutely awful.

A 34 year old, injury prone player who can't run and had to drop down 3-4 league is not the answer to our problems. Imagine Holmes playing as a wing back in this system, he would have been done 20 minutes into the season.

We've been out and about and busy this afternoon. I had the game on in the car for about 25 minutes whilst driving but after that radio silence. I've checked the result now we've come in and my immediate thought was 'bugger', but weirdly, not really listening to the game on the radio and not participating in the match thread, I feel far less angst than I would otherwise have done. Maybe that tells me something?

A 34 year old, injury prone player who can't run and had to drop down 3-4 league is not the answer to our problems. Imagine Holmes playing as a wing back in this system, he would have been done 20 minutes into the season.
He would have given everything to stay. Maybe not a wing back but can't believe he's not better than any/all of our current midfielders. His effort would put this current mob to shame. We'd struggle to beat a senior league side at present we are that bad.

People going on about sacking Brown, it doesn't matter who is the manager, it's the mentality of the club which is broken.
Maybe if we had a progressive manager and not old school kick it long huff and puff we might find it enjoyable even if we lose. Our previous manager didn’t look so bad after all. He needs to go otherwise it’s conference south

RD was moved upstairs as rhe academy is over, we aren't getting up this season or next. I'd rather we had never signed Dunne, Ogogo, Coulson, Resigned Demi - all way way way past it and waste of wages- youth team players would of given more. I'm so angry we all allowed ourselves to have put tummies tickled and rolled over end of last season when Ron should of been lynched. Oh its ok we will be competitive and get rid of the rot ...nah we just replace it with even older rot from other clubs.

Phil goes at least a new man would have a proper look at ANG, Akinola, Walsh, Rush, Kinali - all infinitely better than those mentioned above and probably understand the best form of defense if attack, especially when your only players of quality are there!

Perfectly savable game that. Their goal had been coming since halfway through the second half. We had tired legs in midfield and brown did nothing to address it. Whether you like Ferguson or you don’t, he would’ve had a role to play today. Where is Phillips? Why couldn’t Demetriou Have played the last 15 minutes in the middle?

He would have given everything to stay. Maybe not a wing back but can't believe he's not better than any/all of our current midfielders. His effort would put this current mob to shame. We'd struggle to beat a senior league side at present we are that bad.
If Holmes was the answer you would expect him to be absolutely dominant in the Southern league but he's not been.

We haven’t got a game now for two weeks. By the time we play again, we could be in the relegation zone of the national league. That’s how far this football club continues to fall. The blame rests firmly on one mans shoulders. Ron Martin, it’s time for you to ****ing go.
Need to root RM out. Question is how do we secure anyone willing to take the club off his hands?

Back