• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the end the first test will be that we replace what we have let go with better. If we simply replaced experienced players with younger players from a lower division who are cheaper but not as good (what is good being also multi-faceted) then obviously that would be a big big problem.

I have a lot of faith that we now have the structure in place to identify incomings who will take us a clear step forward next year. If they are all nearer 22 than 32 as well then great- but they are tougher to find because everyone ideally wants the same, and you face competition from throughout the EFL from clubs who can and will take a punt, as well as the NL But the rewards for pulling it off are also greater from a financial point of view (resale values, initial cost etc.) The non-leagues, along with u23 set ups, have probably never been scouted more.

However, there is another opportunity for real progress. And that is a team can often be more than the sum of its parts. In particular, having settled on a way of playing, get round pegs in round holes, and get the most out both players and the team. We definitely have some further opportunity there.

Last edited:
No chance we would have ever got him, he's had higher level clubs sniffing around him for a very long time.
Does highlight the reach of scouting networks and the competition for these types of players. You are almost looking for players just before they shine/get noticed rather than once they have. Tough task.

Does highlight the reach of scouting networks and the competition for these types of players. You are almost looking for players just before they shine/get noticed rather than once they have. Tough task.
Enter John Still and his scouts. John is a great signing for the club in himself...he knows where the diamonds are.

Friday afternoon signing wouldn't hurt would it? Anyone know if it could happen?

Sorry if this has been discussed already on here, it’s tough to keep up over 25 pages!

How many do we think will be added over the summer and what position breakdown do you expect?

Personally I would expect…

GK - no need to add anyone here assuming both keepers stay.

RWB - Demi remains but would expect us to add 1 more in this position who would start.

LWB - Clifford offered contract but would anticipate a move for another player here with that player becoming the first choice.

CB - actually think Kensdale, Hobson and Ralph would be a decent combination but we need to add another 2 I think here to ensure injuries have limited impact.

CM - the big one. Haven’t split by defensive or attacking but would expect at least 2 incoming in each of the attacking and defensive brackets. Would say Wood and Husin more on the attacking side so defensive midfield is a huge requirement.

FW - the likes of Bridge and Powell mean we already have a good base in the wider forward roles. 1 or 2 new options would be useful additions to challenge these 2 though.

ST - got decent strength here as well in Cardwell, Dalby and Murphy but potentially lacking in goals if Murphy picks up another knock. A marquee goal scorer could be the difference between top half and playoffs.

So in total I would hope a minimum of 10 incoming over the summer to subsidise those who have left and to improve the depth of the squad. Any opinions?

Sorry if this has been discussed already on here, it’s tough to keep up over 25 pages!

How many do we think will be added over the summer and what position breakdown do you expect?

Personally I would expect…

GK - no need to add anyone here assuming both keepers stay.

RWB - Demi remains but would expect us to add 1 more in this position who would start.

LWB - Clifford offered contract but would anticipate a move for another player here with that player becoming the first choice.

CB - actually think Kensdale, Hobson and Ralph would be a decent combination but we need to add another 2 I think here to ensure injuries have limited impact.

CM - the big one. Haven’t split by defensive or attacking but would expect at least 2 incoming in each of the attacking and defensive brackets. Would say Wood and Husin more on the attacking side so defensive midfield is a huge requirement.

FW - the likes of Bridge and Powell mean we already have a good base in the wider forward roles. 1 or 2 new options would be useful additions to challenge these 2 though.

ST - got decent strength here as well in Cardwell, Dalby and Murphy but potentially lacking in goals if Murphy picks up another knock. A marquee goal scorer could be the difference between top half and playoffs.

So in total I would hope a minimum of 10 incoming over the summer to subsidise those who have left and to improve the depth of the squad. Any opinions?
1st choice WB's on both sides for definite.

Another 3 CB's. I'd be inclined to go for Gubbins if he's available + 2 others, 1 to be a big dominant sort

MF - 2 DM's and 1 AM. I'd hope that Wood and / or Benton will come to the fore as back-up to Husin

ST - I actually think we're pretty well stocked with Cardwell, Dalby, Murphy, Powell and Bridge. 1 other to be added (fox in the box)

So as you say, I think we're looking at 9-10 incoming.

I think Michael Gyasi has been mentioned before by some, so as he has had his contract extended would cost a fee.

Also a Barnet fans' opinion of Wes Fonguck, seems a big gamble to me, but if he does come, ten I will watch his progress with baited breath....

"Too inconsistent to justify offering him a new deal and the good performances have become less frequent since he returned from injury early in the season.

He is good at driving the ball forward out of midfield but his decision making is frequently off and doesn't offer enough defensively."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back