• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Shrimpers Trust AGM

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers 🍤 ⭐
I gather the minutes from last nights meeting will take time to sort etc but from those there last night, was there much to take away?

I see TL suggested he couldn’t guarantee that everyone’s wages would be paid in full come the end of the month.

Was there any other “highlights”

I just mentioned it in the fund raising thread but worth putting it in here to.

One of the problems discussed last evening was the players GPS which they do not have at the moment due to not having money to pay for the subscription. Kev said it was very important for the Manager and playing staff to access the players. That alone is about 12 k a year, so you can see how funds get used up at the club..

The collection will be overseen by The Trust where all future decisions will be made in conjunction with all groups of fans.. We as supporter groups have just got 100% behind this all.

Lots was talked about last evening the main point i guess being that TL lives by the day when it comes to paying anything, whatever money comes in is then in a priority queue of who gets paid and who doesn't. The first team and staff are in a bubble of their own when it comes to payments.

If you have any questions about what was talked about last night, fire away at me and i will try to answer them. Other Zoners were also there, so i am sure they can answer some questions if we have the answer of course.

Did TL give any assurances about the tax bill being paid ?
He said they were still awaiting the bridging loan which he hoped would be sorted by the end of this month but there was no promises on that. He said funds would only get released in general when the next payments are made to the parent companies re the building work. In the meantime its hand to mouth as he plays as he sees it when bills etc come in or wages due.

Did TL advise when our Accounts will eventually be submitted? Thanks
Hmm a sore subject that Mike Patterson took on. The accounts are not being put in atm because the club do not have to funds to pay for them to be . I take it that it is accountants fees etc..

TL said it was not a priority in the big bigger of who gets paid where and when. Mike pushed this further by stating that what with HMRC and now the accounts not being filed on time surely the club was breaking the law. TL said it is what it is.

He said they were still awaiting the bridging loan which he hoped would be sorted by the end of this month but there was no promises on that. He said funds would only get released in general when the next payments are made to the parent companies re the building work. In the meantime its hand to mouth as he plays as he sees it when bills etc come in or wages due.
With that information you have provided I can't see players and management being paid this month or next. Regards to this bridging loan it sounds like TL hoping rather than expecting. It does feel like sufc are on its last legs if I'm honest.

I just mentioned it in the fund raising thread but worth putting it in here to.

One of the problems discussed last evening was the players GPS which they do not have at the moment due to not having money to pay for the subscription. Kev said it was very important for the Manager and playing staff to access the players. That alone is about 12 k a year, so you can see how funds get used up at the club..

The collection will be overseen by The Trust where all future decisions will be made in conjunction with all groups of fans.. We as supporter groups have just got 100% behind this all.

Lots was talked about last evening the main point i guess being that TL lives by the day when it comes to paying anything, whatever money comes in is then in a priority queue of who gets paid and who doesn't. The first team and staff are in a bubble of their own when it comes to payments.

If you have any questions about what was talked about last night, fire away at me and i will try to answer them. Other Zoners were also there, so i am sure they can answer some questions if we have the answer of course.
Sorry, what is GPS apart from Global Positioning Satellite?

Cricko, did he say when the next payments to the parent companies are expected and who from?

Cricko, did he say when the next payments to the parent companies are expected and who from?
I think this will only happen when BL is started on. The training ground should be finished in about 6 weeks but the players will not get on the grass until the spring. Oh he also he said they will be a temporary building on the new site for social etc but the gym wil be at RH.

He gave no exact time frame as to when the parent companies actually recieve monies as i don't think he knows.

Arnold - recovery from Op around 10-12 weeks but they expect him to be playing by the end of the season

Be a number of first team players playing tonight as many need minutes under their belts

Team spirit top draw and its a close knit squad. All get on very well, want to learn, want to improve, want prove themselves at this level and hopefully higher. Cant fault one players attitude even those not getting game time are fully behind those that are

Jack Wood, Ollie Coker and John Benton is particular are ones for the future and they have high hopes for all three. Jack Wood has been unlucky as hasnt had much game time but thats because those ahead of him are playing so well

We are where they hoped we would be but also maybe slightly ahead of schedule. But this is testament to the recruitment and getting the right players, right age, right attitude, mentality etc. Most signings are watched by scouts, JS, SC and all three amigos to ensure that everyone is in agreement. GSM was mentioned in this conversation

Still looking for players but the list is much shorter as doesn't need to be as extensive as it was in the summer

All three take training with Benno on the defensive side, Currie attacking and Kev more when its the larger group

A lot of analysis goes in to each game to help with tactics and planning. All three watch games separately and then come together as a three to discuss before speaking with the team

Couldn't thank the fans enough for their support both home and away but especially away. The players really appreciate it and often talk about how amazing it is. I said to Benno that I thought there maybe around 450-500 at Gateshead and he just said Wow!

Connection between fans and team the best its been in many many years. Fans proud to support a team that fights for the club, the badge, the fans etc and Kev said that another thing that they drill into the players and putting 100% effort in is the bear minimum us fans should expect

Cant use GPS/data vests at the moment as we owe the company that provides them and currently they have switched our system off. Kev said its useful but not essential, but is very helpful especially for those players recovering from injury

No truth in the rumours that Arnold paid for his op and Cardwell's dad paid for his, TL confirmed the club had covered these ops

Training pitches have all been seeded. The first team pitch will be a mix of grass and synthetic and with irrigation, like Arsenal and many prems pitches are. Second pitch will be all grass but higher grade with irrigation. third pitch less quality grade with irrigation and the fourth pitch just a standard grass pitch. But 4th pitch will be torn up at some stage and replaced with a 4g. Apologies if ive got some of that wrong. the training ground is being funding completely separately and therefore has no baring's on the financial running of the club and the money can only be used for that purpose

Dome - TL said they are still hopeful of using this and is showing on the balance sheet at 400K

No intention to sell any players in January, but if silly money is offered we may have to consider but TL said there will be no pressure to sell but if able (no embargo) we would look to add to the squad if the right player becomes available

TL said he was unaware of any intention of the youth team/coaches to strike. Should have been paid Friday but money due in didn't drop until Monday, so they were paid immediately

TL has a tough job as he has to decide who to pay as an when money comes in based on the situation, what they supply and has to prioritise which at times is extremely difficult

I Asked the Trust if the regular zoom calls could be brought back in as thought fans enjoyed those and they said that can certainly be considered

Still complaints about people not receiving ST. TL said he would look into this

I wont comment on the financial stuff other than what i have above as confess that I don't fully understand some of what was discussed. But feel free those that were there to correct anything I've said above

Think thats all

Last edited:
With that information you have provided I can't see players and management being paid this month or next. Regards to this bridging loan it sounds like TL hoping rather than expecting. It does feel like sufc are on its last legs if I'm honest.
In Cricko's post it says the players (and presumably 1st team coaches) are in a different 'bubble' for salary payments - and from we know so far prioritised - so I personally wouldn't jump to the conclusion that players won't be paid - I'd go the opposite way and would take that as players will almost certainly get paid

Back