• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Shrimpers Trust AGM

Well the other groups were not told about this when the go fund me was setup, what’s the point in all this if there is no openness and clarity… same old story
A revelation out of the blue at the very time the funding operation was launched amid great fanfare. Transparency is clearly an issue not confined to Martin.

Can I ask how many of those questioning the Trusts decisions were in attendance last night?

I believe we have in the region of 800 plus members and there were around 80 there last night. I believe the trust do a fantastic job on behalf of the supporters and make decisions in the best interest of the fans and club itself. You cant please all i guess but the Trust are working very hard
Less than that. There were 51 people plus the 4 guests in attendance, of which 9 were Board members.

Post 328

Doesnt explain where its being used. As I said, assume "running costs" and its all gone pretty much instantly. But did that 40k pay the Youth Team? Timing seems to match.

I've said previously I worked for a big UK company that went bust and its amazing how quick seemingly huge chunks of money just "go". Frightening situation for all at the club I expect so near to Xmas.

In the last 24 hours, the club has had £100,000 made available to it technically (if we believe the PG twitter post and the GFM funds are made available).

How quickly are we burning through that - and on WHAT if its not player wages???

Following on from @jpssufc

The Trust was asked by Tom to loan monies to the club and we did so. Had to be careful that no one said it was for player salaries as that would mean a sanction of some sort from the NL. As far as we agreed, it was for general working capital expenses including non-player salaries; not to pay the players, but again, had to be careful regarding potential sanctions.

This is all now a moot point as the Echo have now reported it hence the reason why the Trust have now made a statement.

A loan agreement between the Club and the Trust has been signed by both parties.

The Trust was asked by Tom to loan monies to the club and we did so. Had to be careful that no one said it was for player salaries as that would mean a sanction of some sort from the NL. As far as we agreed, it was for general working capital expenses including non-player salaries; not to pay the players, but again, had to be careful regarding potential sanctions.

This is all now a moot point as the Echo have now reported it hence the reason why the Trust have now made a statement.

A loan agreement between the Club and the Trust has been signed by both parties.
Should not be dicing with breaching league rules in the first place!!!! This is why things need to be open

Jesus... so basically, its paying the players wages, but we saying its not so we dont get sanctions?? Am I reading that right?

Its all relative how we dress it up. If we using funds earmarked for general expenses to pay the salaries (and not local companies), then using the Trust funds to pay that black hole, arent we technically just paying the players salaries, albeit indirectly.

This gets worse by the minute...

Can I ask how many of those questioning the Trusts decisions were in attendance last night?

I believe we have in the region of 800 plus members and there were around 80 there last night. I believe the trust do a fantastic job on behalf of the supporters and make decisions in the best interest of the fans and club itself. You cant please all i guess but the Trust are working very hard
I would like to know if many people traveled from outside South Essex to attend? Any idea on the postcodes of the people who did attend? First I heard of it was yesterday but also I’m sure the majority of people who attended were very local. Not practical for people further a field to attend unfortunately.

Jesus... so basically, its paying the players wages, but we saying its not so we dont get sanctions?? Am I reading that right?

Its all relative how we dress it up. If we using funds earmarked for general expenses to pay the salaries (and not local companies), then using the Trust funds to pay that black hole, arent we technically just paying the players salaries, albeit indirectly.

This gets worse by the minute...
Was the £40k paid into the same account that the players' salaries are paid from?

Its just shifting money around. The money used to keep the lights on paid the players and the money from the Trust paid for the lights??? Is that it?
Literally don't know how you want that answered. Have you read the Trust's statement?

Was asked to lend the club money, like anyone would ask a bank. We did. Wasn't used for player wages. Paid for other stuff (I don't have an itemised list) to keep a professional football club running. Will be paid back in three months. Now reported by the Echo. Statement issued. Trust Board members (who are all volunteers) alongside other Supporters Groups (again, all volunteers) to raise money to aid the back office staff as it seems they all haven't been paid all their wages.

End of post.

Back