• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What would you want from the new stadium?

I'd like a proper old school pie n mash with liquor option as well as a good fish n chip outlet. Then somewhere to get a reasonable choice of beers.
A large fans family area for pre game refreshments and half time that could double up as a players family meeting area after games.
Live music by local performers in concourses pre match. On good weather days, seperate outdoor hog roast tents and beer tents for both home and away fans.
A decent playing surface. The roots hall pitch is really struggling at the moment. Saturday morning there were two large Fox holes appeared that fortunately got filled in before the officials inspection.

Last edited:
HertfordshireBlue.....Football grounds should be intimidating places to go and it’s hard to replicate this especially with modern stadia - so I wouldn’t mind having a bar which only sells beer and burgers, everyone must be forced to wear a stone island jacket and heavy handed stewards to punch each supporter as they enter.

Bloody hell some streets are intimidating...Wow so football grounds are next? (bloody hell)

Why I'm quite positive that at least we will get the off the field experience right is we seem to have a young, motivated and imaginative commercial team. Away supporters have their own concession areas (3 or 4 I think but I haven't got the plans in front of me) and we should be offering them a quality experience so they don't go and spend their money in the Saxon King. They should go home saying oh well we lost again but wow what a stadium and experience. We're coming back.
I don't think it is possible to build a stadium so bad that punters would use The Saxon King instead.

How about this for something original. Spectator warm seating areas with eco friendly heating for the really cold days! Something like commercial heat mats that cost only 58p per day to run. I would happily pay extra on my seaso for this or even could be metered and paid for on demand.

How about food ordered by app and delivered to your seat.

Seats with fold up trays

A crèche

Soft play area for the kids and entertainment for the spouse whilst the other half watches the footy

A gym

Spa with beauty treatments

Intact you could make it a complete leisure site that generates income 7 days per week.

Roof should have solar panels too

I’d like a huge space outside the front that could be used twice a week as a market and a basement nightclub under the main stand that could be used to host Jah Shaka and other dub reggae sound systems. I’d also like twin barrel asbestos roofs on all stands and a 13500 capacity terrace behind one of the goals

I’d like a huge space outside the front that could be used twice a week as a market and a basement nightclub under the main stand that could be used to host Jah Shaka and other dub reggae sound systems. I’d also like twin barrel asbestos roofs on all stands and a 13500 capacity terrace behind one of the goals
Might just work....

batman-thinking.gif

Can the burgers come with stone island badges rather than pickles and rather than pat downs the stewards have to make sure they get a picture with you getting the badge in?
This is the kind of thinking we need when the time comes

Anything except Fosters or Carling on tap.

And some food that hasn't been cooked in another stand before being carried around the edge of the pitch in foil.

And of course Pigs Bay Gin :-)
youll be wanting a cockle shed there too?

Seriously though, great if the local boutique brands get in, but there is a danger of it becoming the weekend 'farmers market' with over inflated prices. Not all people want craft fayre (sic)... get a Greggs in for the northerners? see? the stereo types are crawling back into the club already.

Basic food and drink that looks appealing and isnt sh!te... i do like the rossis idea, but only in the concourse, youve seen the mess left on the seafront after a busy day?

Why I'm quite positive that at least we will get the off the field experience right is we seem to have a young, motivated and imaginative commercial team. Away supporters have their own concession areas (3 or 4 I think but I haven't got the plans in front of me) and we should be offering them a quality experience so they don't go and spend their money in the Saxon King. They should go home saying oh well we lost again but wow what a stadium and experience. We're coming back.

You still don't get it Ron. An overwhelming majority of people go to football for the football experience. Not the stadium they watch it in.

Back