• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is it me or are we turning against each other

There are some threads that open up with an interesting idea but before they can develop they have turning into a slanging match. It takes a well respected contributor to put their foot down. Well done Ab Shrimp.

If it Units us all a bit more that we currenlty are then it was worth writting mate

hi i wud say im new on here but ive come on here for the past 6 months reading what everyone has to say, i use to write on the official site board but that looks like its been closed (rightly so imo wernt a nice board) i thought to myself why not sign up on here lol! thats my introduction, and oh i would of called myself old leigh shrimper as that was my name on the offical website board but looks like someone has already pitched it on here i must say tho to my knowledge me and my family are the only southend supporters that live down old leigh.....

anyway back to the topic
top post people we have to remeber we support the same team here! we are here to discuss southend united not to have stupid fights some people need to grow up a lil!!

OLB

hi i wud say im new on here but ive come on here for the past 6 months reading what everyone has to say, i use to write on the official site board but that looks like its been closed (rightly so imo wernt a nice board) i thought to myself why not sign up on here lol! thats my introduction, and oh i would of called myself old leigh shrimper as that was my name on the offical website board but looks like someone has already pitched it on here i must say tho to my knowledge me and my family are the only southend supporters that live down old leigh.....

anyway back to the topic
top post people we have to remeber we support the same team here! we are here to discuss southend united not to have stupid fights some people need to grow up a lil!!

OLB

Welcome OLB

Are you saying that "you are the only Shrimper in the Village" (in welsh accent obviously)

Welcome OLB

Are you saying that "you are the only Shrimper in the Village" (in welsh accent obviously)

lol

not that i wouldent welcome other shrimpers into my village;) but i just dident no any other residents were shrimpers!

“Where would you suggest then…I am up for it” this was directed at another poster for asking him not to direct personal insults on the boards……blatantly offering him to meet for a fight. What the F**K is that all about?????

Yeah, I was well scared of TMWLT or whatever his name is!!! wouldn't mind a virtual fight tho, I can't get too badly beaten then:D

Worse IMO than plain abuse is rubbish like this
some **** said:
...........if you didn't don't rate Maher then you obviously haven't played football at a decent standard............ but if you don't rate him - then you've (I presume that's you're) a joke..........

??????- What standard have you ever played at??
Who the feck cares on this board who's played at what level at any game!
Who can prove they've played at any level. Do they award caps for the Thundermite under 8 representative games?
Self righteous gits like this should be banned well before those offering people out! At least we can go and watch that.
Why don't people like this set up their own board where only people with an FA qualification or England age group cap, which must be the least of their achievements, can discuss the finer aspects of football away from numpties like me. :finger:

Worse IMO than plain abuse is rubbish like this
Who the feck cares on this board who's played at what level at any game!
Who can prove they've played at any level. Do they award caps for the Thundermite under 8 representative games?
Self righteous gits like this should be banned well before those offering people out! At least we can go and watch that.
Why don't people like this set up their own board where only people with an FA qualification or England age group cap, which must be the least of their achievements, can discuss the finer aspects of football away from numpties like me. :finger:

And you can shut it too :p :p :p :p

It was easier to get people to calm down a few years ago, because 80% of the posters knew each other anyway.

Bottom line is, arguing on the Internet is like being a Col U fan - everyone loses

Unfortunately in-fighting is a sad reality of messageboard culture. I'm a bit of a messageboard junkie and post on a wide range of sites. I don't think there's a single one where at one time or another people haven't got personal with fellow posters.

It's the armchair football managers who do my head in...

Sack Tilson (two cup finals, two promotions, knocked Man U out of the cup, plays attractive football, one of the brightest management prospects in english football and by his admission still learning his trade?), get rid of Harrold 'cos he's crap (and yet Drewe's a legend?), get rid of Maher 'cos he's crap (regarded as one of the best passers of the ball in the lower leagues), get rid of Flavs 'cos he's crap (voted in the top 50 footballers outside of the prem 2 seasons ago?), get rid of Barrett 'cos he's crap (PFA player of the year when we got promoted out of lge2, we rejected a Col U bid of 250k for him, can't be that bad), get rid of JCR 'cos he can't cross (sold to Barnsley for 250k - btw that's the second biggest transfer fee we've received in over 10 years), get rid of...anybody who has a bad couple games, really.

We all know the defense isn't working as a unit but FFS we got hammered last season and 4 league games into this season we're still finding our feet. And if you think we're crap, somebody find a youtube video of us playing in the late 90's and then you'll see what a crap team REALLY is...

It was easier to get people to calm down a few years ago, because 80% of the posters knew each other anyway.

Bottom line is, arguing on the Internet is like being a Col U fan - everyone loses
I don't know anyone from the zone in person. Probably best, it's all too easy to form an opinion of someone from how they look or speak without listening to what they are actually saying.:minger:
Perhaps it was easier a few years ago because we were doing better on the pitch!

Back